IGNORED

PacManPlus

mmervine

I am saddened hearing that Bob is out of the Atari business, completely. I really loved playing his games.

I wish him and his family nothing but the best in all of his future endeavours.

Thank you Bob, for all your contributions to the Atari community :thumbsup:

It is a shame. I have to say good luck to Bob in what the future holds for him.

I thought something was up with Bob when I saw his youtube account having activity and his Atariage account wasn't signed in or new posting in late September or early October. The only thing is I didn't he was the Atari Scene completely.

I hope that his Super Circus Atariage game will be sold on Atariage store once the XM is complete. I also hope his Pac-man (320) and Ms. Pac-Man (320) gets released in the Atariage store once the XM is released also.

Bob to me is a great 7800 programer and a even better person. I pm Bob a couple times in the past and I can't say nothing bad about him as a person based on how how he responded.

He is a huge loss in the 7800 homebrew community. Bob was the only 7800 programmer for some years that was active and programed great games. I hope one of the existing programers the 7800 community has is able to complete Bentley Bear.

Edited by 8th lutz

I'm sorry to see Bob go as a developer for the 7800 but he needs to do what he feels is best for him. I'll echo 8th Lutz in saying that I hope one of the other 7800 game developers is able to pick up Bob's excellent work with Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest and add the final touches.

Bob, I hope you read this. Thank you for everything you did! :)

That's a surprise. I do not know him well, I just joined in because I am no huge 7800-fan but I found Bentley Bear promising.

I hope whatever changed his mind so suddenly was nothing bad and that he is just focusing on other things.

I agree that it would be a nice tribute if someone else finished BB. It seems like it is far along, and letting such an ambitious project remain unfinished would be a shame.

Bob is an extremely gifted programmer and he will be missed. His contributions to the 7800 library far exceeded the efforts put forth by the company that produced the console. The attention to detail and accuracy in his games is truly something to behold. He has set the bar. Thank you, Bob, for all of your efforts. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I bought Defender Arcade 2600 from a member here (it is still available in the Store) and just recently found out that Bob did it, it's one of my favourites and a must have for me.

Also I had just gotten an Atari 7800 when he came out with Moon Cresta, like a month before he came out with Scramble. I remember the arcade Moon Cresta being hella hard, but when I saw that he used the actual ARCADE ROM code to see how the enemy's moved, THAT attention to detail convinced me to buy it, and it did not disappoint! Like Emehr said, "attention to detail and accuracy."

I too am thankful that he contributed soo much to this hobby.

• Like 1