IGNORED

PacManPlus

mmervine

Several years ago, I was unemployed, and thinking about selling off my Atari collection just to get some money to live on. Bob sent me a copy of his Pac-Man collection (it wasn't the full version it is now, but I am absolutely not complaining) as a gift, free of charge.

Bob is not only a gifted programmer, but a one of a kind stand up individual. I wish there was some way I could repay his kindness.

• Like 3

There was about a one-year period when my wife and I were, well, kind of separated when I had to move to Chicago without her (she had to stay behind and finish her master's). That was a really rough time for me (especially financially, as she took the year off work to work on the thesis). Pac-Man Collection! really helped me get through that...I'll always be grateful for just that alone...

• Like 2

Us only shipping.. It makes me sick looking at the auction.. Sad..Wonder if he had a xm ordered.

Also wonder if Curt was gonna send him a xm like he is now doing for Perry...Guess it dont matter now..

I myself have played bass in bands from age 11-34 quit last year and still have 6-7k worth of stuff(basses amps etc.) sitting in my room.. I think keeping it there somehow keeps the dream alive. Getting rid of something that meant so much is like driving the final nail in the coffin. Its like suicide..

But I guess people move on. I only really hope its what he really wanted to do and was not pushed in anyway by anyone..

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 1

I don't know what the state of the music in BB is, but I told Bob I could finish up coding it. I would need some help composing if it needs any significant music written. I'm thinking we should go big and use the Yamaha chip for sound. :)

Perry

Perry-it would be awesome if you could finish BB...it would be a great way to honor Bob!
  • Like 3

Perry-it would be awesome if you could finish BB...it would be a great way to honor Bob!

With ym sound it would be unreal!! Not sure how you could get it to cart with the space you would need.

As for music is there any samples of Bb classic stuff of any type to go from to write music for this game?

I do know that Bob had plans to Battlezone and Armor Attack for Development. I know Bob start both in the past. I don't know at what stage and if he has the code for both games. Battlezone was mentioned in Bob's blog on this site as an unfinished game. Frenzy was mentioned in the same blog and he gave up on frenzy last year because of Spiceware doing Frantic for the Atari 2600. Bob's blog is found on http://www.atariage....finished-games/ .

The proof of starting Armor Attack is found at http://www.atariage....t/#entry2567343 .

Bob didn't give out a bin on that thread either. The only way is by asking permission for Armor Attack and Battlezone to be completed if the remaining programmers we have are interested in both games for completing purposes and complete them for Bob as a good gesture to him and the 7800 community.

Edited by 8th lutz

Bob, I hope that whatever the focus of your new endeavors, that you find lifes chance is in your favor and that wherever your new path takes you, that you find contentment. We are gracious for what you have shared with us and if and when you choose to return, we hope that you know we will further welcome you with that same gratitude without obligation or expectation. If the game creation process has lost its spark or if you feel that the pressure to appease has hampered the spirit of your intent, we release you from such expectations. Most of all, wherever you find your home, you should feel comfortable just being yourself.

Yeah RT I do think those quotes were taken about a year ago. Some crap was going down then ya know the usual disrespect that people can have. Theres always one or five people that push someones buttons. But he came back and gaver hell on a pile of games That we all are forever greatfull for. At times it was a new game every 2-3 months..

This is a big deal.. Cant soneone in Florda buy the guy a fn AA cake with atari 7800 themed strippers that jump out??!

He was doing Bentley Bear with Pac Man Red doing graphics for him. It was the most complicated 7800 game anyone ever seen. With some more work and enough cart space it could have rivaled SMB or Adventure Island. I know he has the talent. We also knew he wanted to have it ready for a classic gaming show this sept or oct. he didnt make the deadline but still worked on it and gave us roms to play all along the way. I do remember on that thread for Bentley Bear discussing the game and the difficulty and what could be different. I think a handfull of us rambled on for a page probably. He never responded to any of it. Never heard from him again. So.. I really hope I have not offended him.

Because thats what we always did for all the games he made talk about whats good and what u think could be different. It was never to be rude cause in the end its what the programmer does it up to them. With text on screen maybe things dont sound the way someone types it out. Maybe he expected more praise and attention for Bentley Bear. I dont know. But I hope he does what he needs to do.