IGNORED

PacManPlus

mmervine

Wow - thanks guys! I had forgotten about this thread. I read through this thread a little, and it seems I let my emotions get the better of me, and I really shouldn't do that. I'm trying. :)

@Jinks - I noticed that you asked about my music... It can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/pacmanplus

Please be aware, I like many different styles of music and it shows here. I've always hoped that if someone just likes even one song, I'd be happy. They were all written by me, except "I Only Have Eyes For You" which is my remake of the 1959 Flamingos version.

Thank you :)

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 5

@Jinks - I noticed that you asked about my music... It can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/pacmanplus

Please be aware, I like many different styles of music and it shows here. I've always hoped that if someone just likes even one song, I'd be happy. They were all written by me, except "I Only Have Eyes For You" which is my remake of the 1959 Flamingos version.

Bob

I will check it out. I can appreciate all music types. I gave up music to follow Atari stuff and more car and motorcycle projects. Playing gigs till 4am and wife and kids don't mix.

:)

Wow - thanks guys! I had forgotten about this thread. I read through this thread a little, and it seems I let my emotions get the better of me, and I really shouldn't do that. I'm trying. :)

Bob

Nice work Bob! I didn't know you played guitar! I've been playing off and off for 20+ years myself. Nice work! I'm going to listen to all your tracks later!

Keep on jammin' and programmin' \m/\m/

Best regards,

Trem

Thanks guys - I appreciate the kind words.

Jinks: - to answer your question, all instruments on the album are played by me. I started out with acoustic drums very early in life before I ever picked up the guitar.

I'm glad you like 'Traveling' - I actually composed that at 16 (I was listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin at the time). The first version I recorded actually sounds more 'Zeppelinish' than this one.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wish this friend we call Bob would never feel trashed on by anyone here. He has done so much to keep the 7800 alive.

I never had a 7800 or seen one in person back in the day. Buying and playing all of Bob's homebrews that I could get my hands on was always the only thing that really kept me going in the retro atari scene for the last decade!

Thanks again Mr. Decrescenzo!! :)

• Like 6

Whoever disrespected Bob should be permanately banned from AtariAge.......why would anyone talk bad about PMP? Why why why?

Bob has given so much to the retro video game community and is the main reason Atari 7800 is still alive.....

Bob has been nothing but generous and kind to everyone here.

And Bobs atari creations are THE BEST.......

BOB, IF YOUR OUT THERE AND READING THIS, I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED......THANKS FIR EVERYTHING YOUVE DONE.....

ALSO, THANK YOU FIR THE PERSONALLY AUTOGRAPHED CART YOU SENT ME.....IT IS THE MY MOST SACRED PIECE TO MY RETRO VIDEO GAME COLLECTION......

YOU WILL BE MISSED, AND WHETHER YOU COME BACK OR NOT, I THANK YOU FOR EVRRYTHING BROTHER.....

PEACE BE WITH YOU ALWAYS.... ✌

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Thought I read something about Bob being under "attack" and sorry to hear that might be the case. True gentleman, expert programmer and a great contributor to be sure. I hope this is just a temporary thing and he'll be back before too long.

I know I speak for (nearly apparently) all in the community when I say we love you man! :)

• Like 8

Thought I read something about Bob being under "attack" and sorry to hear that might be the case. True gentleman, expert programmer and a great contributor to be sure. I hope this is just a temporary thing and he'll be back before too long.

I know I speak for (nearly apparently) all in the community when I say we love you man! :)

Ya'll best keep your hands off my man candy. :x

• Like 2

I hope Bob comes back soon, he is a very nice fellow from what I can tell.

The only thing that always bothers me a little with the "who insulted Bob!?" (or any other homebrew dev) questions is that I am never sure who is actually concerned about the insulted person and who is just concerned with the homebrew output he fears may dry up.

But well, that's me being not in my most positive mindset atm anyway, I am sure most of you really care.

We care about the person insulting getting a beatdown and Bob as a person first and foremost not a games producer. I think everyone is in that boat.

I agree.

Bob is family to this community.

Whether he programs for us again or not is not the issue. He has put more than enough time in his busy life to serve and make others happy not for profit, but for passion and actually caring for us.

I just want to the man to be happy and put his personal life first.

I am very much thankful for all he has done.

He is a good person.

Now the fools who insulted our friend Bob need there heads decapated and posted on a stick.

Let me meet and run into these imbeciles and haters and I will go Rambo on there sorry asses.

Brother Jinks, you hold them down and I'll do the chopping with my Axe.

We will avenge our brother Bob for we at AtariAge are our brothers keeper.

?

Edited by Stun Runner 87
  • Like 2

I heard that someone told him he had a face like a frog:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUXan5mOi9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUXan5mOi9c

If someone told me that I had a face like a frog, I'd leave AtariAge and never come back!

Wait a minute. That would never happen because I'm too pretty:

youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0

:D