IGNORED

Better than Ebay?

Yes and it has retro Videogames so cheap it's crazy :-o !.the prices are prices that I've NEVER seen at a Goodwill before(at other thrift stores but never at a Goodwill).A boxed Gamecube is on there now with a current bid of $16 and rare stuff like the Nintendo Dotgraphics in the box!.The only problem is that if people found out about this awesome website the prices will get like Ebay,but than again im telling you now.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/

Edited by xDragonWarrior

Sorry, old news. And there's no accountability with them. Lots of horror stories about packaging, shipping stuff out not as described, and then there's the bullshit 5% "handling" fee, which is just a "because we can" fee since it applies even if you pick up in person.

Buyer beware with Goodwill.

• Like 2

I found a site called Listia. It uses virtual currency, so you aren't using real money. To get more credits to buy stuff, you have to sell more stuff. It's a nice idea, but unfortunately there is very little video game stuff. I searched Atari and only 10 results came up. Still feel free to have a look.

https://www.listia.com

Edited by segagamer99

I found a site called Listia. It uses virtual currency, so you aren't using real money. To get more credits to buy stuff, you have to sell more stuff. It's a nice idea, but unfortunately there is very little video game stuff. I searched Atari and only 10 results came up. Still feel free to have a look.

https://www.listia.com

I have a account on it already and like you said there are few Atari stuff on there but the Atari games are real cheap ranging from 2 to 100 credits and you get 500 credits just from signing up!.

Yes and it has retro Videogames so cheap it's crazy :-o !.the prices are prices that I've NEVER seen at a Goodwill before(at other thrift stores but never at a Goodwill).A boxed Gamecube is on there now with a current bid of $16 and rare stuff like the Nintendo Dotgraphics in the box!.The only problem is that if people found out about this awesome website the prices will get like Ebay,but than again im telling you now.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/

Really? Every time I've ever seen anything of interest on the Goodwill site, it has been at a rediculous price. In my personal opinion the prices are worse than ebay. At least on games I'm interested in.

Yeah old news. The handling fee's really make it not worth it. I saw a Sega Genesis model 2 VA4 Majesco Model on there once. That's the one good thing about the Goodwill listings. Tons of pictures. So I grabbed it for like 10 or 15 bucks. They hosed me with shipping and handling fees it was over 50 bucks by the time I got it.

Best thrift store in my town (well, home town anyway, they're all awful in Pittsburg) is a place called Tuesday House. Reason? They're only open on Tuesday, and do no business online. Everything they think they can sell is sold through the store, and being open only one day a week means they always have decent inventory at low prices. Unfortunately, I don't find many video game items there, but there's always a neat selection of other electronics (mostly computer related, it seems). I think I recall someone telling me an Atari Flashback got donated at one time, but from the description it sounded like a Flashback 1, and I was only interested in the Flashback 2, so I didn't look for it when I went in the next week. They usually have at least one typewriter, a shelf full of keyboards, cameras, a bunch of CRT TVs, computer monitors, and occasionally floppy and CD-ROM drives, or one time I even saw an Iomega tape backup drive there. There's also usually a box of random computer-related components, and I can always count on their boxes full of random power adapters if I get something that's missing one.

shopgoodwilll is great for finding under-the-radar items.

Agreed. About a year ago, I saw a Sylvania Intellivision system on shopgoodwill's site. It was in the $30 price range and only had one bid. I was flat broke that week or would have tried to win it. Kicking myself ever since.

Agreed. About a year ago, I saw a Sylvania Intellivision system on shopgoodwill's site. It was in the $30 price range and only had one bid. I was flat broke that week or would have tried to win it. Kicking myself ever since.

exactly... copies of earthbound will sell for 200+, but i nabbed a complete copy of world series baseball for the intellivision ECS in a lot of intellivision games for 50 dollars. 2600 stuff seems to go for less than market value there as well.

eBay gets a bad rap. I've bought/sold hundreds of gaming items for 10 years on there, rarely have a problem. Plus no where else has the volume/variety of items that eBay has.

This.

I've only ever once had a serious problem with a seller. I negged him and moved on. I don't sell as much as I used to, and although I don't *like* having to pay ebay a fee to list/advertise/sell my item I know that's how it works. If I feel their fee(s) are too much, I'll sell on a site with lower fees (and less exposure), or have a garage sale.

Shopgoodwill.com isn't too bad. You can find some good stuff cheap, but like eBay you gotta look. I got some decent Intellivision games for a good price, including the Dreadnaught Factor which I've been looking for, for quite awhile. Like eBay, you can hit on some good stuff cheap but you just have to watch for it. They've had Vectrex, Turbografx, Atari 5200, 7800 systems on there but they do get a lot of attention when bidders find them and they can be pricey just like eBay. I got a nice PC on there for a mere $87.00 with a wireless internet connection, pentium 4, 3.4 GHz and 4 GB of ram. That's been a couple of years ago and it's still working great today. I looked at eBay on it last night! I've seen dual and quad processor PC's on there as well. Just check it out occasionally, kind of like you do when you visit the Goodwills around town.

Rich