IGNORED

TI-99/4A files and woes

yell0w_lantern

So I got a nano PEB and the TI Gamebase but I have not been able locate working disk versions of most of the cartridge games. Out of the few I do have many require EA which I do not have and although I have a copy of YLOAD I have not been able to use it successfully.

I downloaded 2 compilation disks of the Atari Soft games from: ftp://ftp.whtech.com/

which have a loader for XB but when they load I have one option and one option only on the menu screen "1 terminate" (a Dalek must've written the loader).

Can anyone help me figure out YLOAD and could someone please send me or point me to verified working disk versions of the carts, please? If I can't figure out YLOAD is there another tool or maybe just somehow I can get all software in XB?

my email is my forum name at yahoo (yell0w with a zero for the O and an underscore between the words.)

• 3 weeks later...

So I got a nano PEB and the TI Gamebase but I have not been able locate working disk versions of most of the cartridge games. Out of the few I do have many require EA which I do not have and although I have a copy of YLOAD I have not been able to use it successfully.

I downloaded 2 compilation disks of the Atari Soft games from: ftp://ftp.whtech.com/

which have a loader for XB but when they load I have one option and one option only on the menu screen "1 terminate" (a Dalek must've written the loader).

Can anyone help me figure out YLOAD and could someone please send me or point me to verified working disk versions of the carts, please? If I can't figure out YLOAD is there another tool or maybe just somehow I can get all software in XB?

my email is my forum name at yahoo (yell0w with a zero for the O and an underscore between the words.)

If the loader is mine, you have to protect the files that are the first file of each game for it to work correctly. Use a disk manager tool like dm2k or the cf7 cfmgr program to protect the first file in each series. So if the game is pacman theres pacman, pacmao pacmap etc.. just protect pacman and it'll come up on the list.. the loader loads the files sequentially off the first file.

Lots of games here also: http://tigameshelf.net/

Greg McGill