IGNORED

Deep Pockets

Rev

Happy Birthday Mr_Intv... It's my birthday too. But I only have deep empty pockets :(

My wife did give me a custom Still Blocky watch for our anniversary though..

Happy birthday to you too! I can't wait to get home and try these games out. They are riding shotgun with me right now just begging to be played:)

First, I want to publicly thank David for all the hard work and passion he has put into these Intelligentvision releases. I had the privilege to become friends with him when he lived in Miami and I was SO impressed with his dedication to the Intellivision, from his CD compilation to helping people in other projects (whether it be Intellivision, Colecovision, or getting a certain Gamer's garage organized so his wife wouldn't kill him) to all of the many Intelligentvision games he has produced. And if you ever get the chance to know him personally, let me tell you, this is an EXTREMELY nice human being. THANK YOU, David! I wish you weren't retiring from game production and I wish you hadn't moved away, because, man, YOU ROCK.

For those of you who missed out on the limited-releases of his final three games, I picked up spares and am placing them on eBay tonight. Choplifter is already up...Deep Pockets: Super Pro Pool & Billiards will post at 9:15 pm...and Scarfinger will come later in the evening.

The link to Choplifter is:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1210371875831?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=121037187583&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The link to Deep Pockets: Super Pro Pool & Billiards is:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1210370108231?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=121037010823&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

SCARFINGER -- I don't know the link yet. I'll post it here when I do.

125, really? Wow, at least wait until the body gets cold...

I was thinking to say "like a good wine you should wait a little bit before making it available".

But your way goes to the point too.

I'm having a hard time trying to keep up with so many homebrews for Colecovision and Intellivision.

AA store makes a little easier to get some Atari homebrews (2600 and 7800) when I'm ready to spend more.

Maybe I should plan better the order of my purchases to avoid losing releases.

But when I lose a game release I don't want to pay much more because that could make me lose more releases...

I was thinking to say "like a good wine you should wait a little bit before making it available".

But your way goes to the point too.

I'm having a hard time trying to keep up with so many homebrews for Colecovision and Intellivision.

AA store makes a little easier to get some Atari homebrews (2600 and 7800) when I'm ready to spend more.

Maybe I should plan better the order of my purchases to avoid losing releases.

But when I lose a game release I don't want to pay much more because that could make me lose more releases...

Truth is, I feel the same way about all the homebrews. My CVG-OCD (Classic Video Games Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) has been increasingly active in the last couple of years. Lots of new homebrews for the 2600, Colecovision, Intellivision, Odyssey 1 & 2, 7800...like a Pokemon guy, "I've gotta catch 'em all" (and the 7800 and Colecovision scenes are exploding in 2013 with the new expansion modules!)...and, though it's been taking big chunks out of the wallet, I love the games and the hobby too much to stop.

Could I wait a few months before selling the extras? Yeah, I suppose I could...but in the interim I could wind up with an OCD that makes me decide to keep "backup copies" for myself (it's happened many times before) and I see a bunch of people in this thread wanting them in the here and now. I figure it's win-win. And, looking at the Intelligentvision games others have posted up for auction in the last months, the start-up number is probably not where it'll end up anyway.

And, dang it...these are GREAT games David's produced....!

• Like 1

First, I want to publicly thank David for all the hard work and passion he has put into these Intelligentvision releases. I had the privilege to become friends with him when he lived in Miami and I was SO impressed with his dedication to the Intellivision, from his CD compilation to helping people in other projects (whether it be Intellivision, Colecovision, or getting a certain Gamer's garage organized so his wife wouldn't kill him) to all of the many Intelligentvision games he has produced. And if you ever get the chance to know him personally, let me tell you, this is an EXTREMELY nice human being. THANK YOU, David! I wish you weren't retiring from game production and I wish you hadn't moved away, because, man, YOU ROCK.

For those of you who missed out on the limited-releases of his final three games, I picked up spares and am placing them on eBay tonight. Choplifter is already up...Deep Pockets: Super Pro Pool & Billiards will post at 9:15 pm...and Scarfinger will come later in the evening.

The link to Choplifter is:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1210371875831?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=121037187583&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The link to Deep Pockets: Super Pro Pool & Billiards is:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1210370108231?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=121037010823&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

SCARFINGER -- I don't know the link yet. I'll post it here when I do.

and unfortunately I don't even have the capital to place a single bid on your extra Deep Pockets. :( This was one of the top 5 of my all time want list and now will probably never happen. Sigh.

No shit, right!

To the best of my knowledge, some had the opportunity to buy extras of the other two, but not Deep Pockets since it was a surprise mystery bonus. Jeff seemed to know David well enough to work some magic.

Even if he listed the games starting lower, they would surely go much higher due to their rarity.

People were actually able to buy extras to flip?? Universe, what have I done to displease you!? :_(

khaaaan.jpg

You just made me think of a new term that may catch on. 'Game flippers'

Actually alot of people do it. i think i seen a mario homebrew for cv going for 2 or 3 hundred. of course on intv as well. Ive done it a few times, but i always start my auctions out at a dollar or something low and let it sell for what the market is.

To the best of my knowledge, some had the opportunity to buy extras of the other two, but not Deep Pockets since it was a surprise mystery bonus. Jeff seemed to know David well enough to work some magic.

Even if he listed the games starting lower, they would surely go much higher due to their rarity.

That was my experience. I ordered a second copy of Scarfinger and the "mystery" game (which ended up being Choplifter) but only got one Deep Pockets (that's not a complaint, btw, what a great gift!). My hope was that I may be able at some point to use them (Scarfinger and Choplifter) as trade bait to get a "big boy" or two that I don't have yet.

And $125 is not an outrageous starting price as I think that they'll go higher. Keep in mind, not everyone was able to order them at all to begin with and I don't think that there will be a lot of Deep Pockets on the market since most people didn't have an opportunity to buy more than one.

That was my experience. I ordered a second copy of Scarfinger and the "mystery" game (which ended up being Choplifter) but only got one Deep Pockets (that's not a complaint, btw, what a great gift!). My hope was that I may be able at some point to use them (Scarfinger and Choplifter) as trade bait to get a "big boy" or two that I don't have yet.

And $125 is not an outrageous starting price as I think that they'll go higher. Keep in mind, not everyone was able to order them at all to begin with and I don't think that there will be a lot of Deep Pockets on the market since most people didn't have an opportunity to buy more than one.

Unfortunately you are correct. $125 isn't an outrageous starting price. It depresses me to no end that it will finish much higher than this.