IGNORED

CvW: Tips & Tricks Countdown...

DZ-Jay

In contemplation of the upcoming Carol vs. The World! championship, I thought I'd prime the pump by counting down each day with a game tip. So watch this space, as I'll post a new tip each day until December 1st!

They may start as general helpful hints, but will become more specific as we count down the days. Feel free to post your own helpful tips on this thread.

Heed these tips, for the fate of Christmas may depend on it.

The championship is...

ON

Tips & Tricks:

1. The Frost Fairy will take pity of those in need: If you lose two lives on the same cave, or are on your very last one, she will provide an extra Snowflake if none are left.
  2. Observe the effects of a Magical Snowflake: The Snowman switches directions, and targets the Ghost momentarily. Use this knowledge to your advantage.
  3. Magical Snowflakes are strategically placed. In most caves, there's usually two covering a dangerous spot: one to enter and one to escape. Use them wisely.
  4. Every cave can be solved by following a particular pattern of movements. It doesn't have to be an exact path, just a general strategy. Study each cave layout and the position of the items to discover its solution.
  5. If you pick up a present while the Ghost is moving, he will run towards you. Try to pick up presents when the Ghost is stunned or when he stops to look around.
  6. If the Snowman is on your tail, you can often shake him off by zig-zagging quickly. He'll sometimes get confused and turn a different way.
  7. Snowflake Gardens: Hop from Snowflake to Snowflake, like a bee does on flowers. Only in this way can you take advantage of their very short effects.
  8. Freezer Burn: It's fast, but you're still in control! Clear the Ghost pen early and remember the previous tips to keep the Snowman away--Oh, and use those Snowflakes!
  9. Twisted Toyland: Rolling Snowballs are not as strong as Snowmen, so they don't hit as hard. Note the color of your Lives Counter, it changes as you get hit. Red means imminent frozen Carol!
  10. Twisted Toyland: The Bad Toy will hunt you relentlessly and shoot you with his laser, zapping the life out of Carol. If you're losing steam, eat a Magical Snowflake to regain your vitality.

And with that, we conclude our 10 tips and tricks. Now, go play!

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Due to the proximity of the contest (and the fact that I miscounted the remaining days), I'll release TWO tips a day for the next three days, starting today.

Updated with tip #5 & #6 (and I finally learned how to count days).

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

With respect to hint # 5......The ghost will get me in a corner and instead of waiting, I keep trying to get the same present and the ghost keeps running into me. After about 5 times in a row, I finally learn to just hold still or walk away from the present :dunce:

Exactly! But don't worry, I programmed it that way, and I still do the same once in a while! :dunce:

-dZ.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Snowflake Gardens tip: you can take Evil Snowman out of the middle of screen in a safe way.

Use the upper side tunnels!

You enter the tunnel to the other side. Go back to the tunnel and enter it again!

When timed correctly Evil Snowman will let the Gardens and you will be in the other edge with a free path to take all presents.

If you can't get all presents at once, fear not.

You can always leave the gardens and do the trick again!

Snowflake Gardens tip: you can take Evil Snowman out of the middle of screen in a safe way.

You enter the tunnel to the other side. Go back to the tunnel and enter it again!

When timed correctly Evil Snowman will let the Gardens and you will be in the other edge with a free path to take all presents.

That's a great tip, Liduario! :)

Perhaps you can post a video to show how it's done.

-dZ.

Quoting my tip in another thread.

post-32348-0-98956600-1386440106_thumb.gif

I gave a tip for Snowflake Gardens. I guess I could explain that well...

For Icicle Lane, you first need to lure Snowman to the upper left corridors.

You escape using the upper left tunnel right in front of the corridors, you must escape while distance to snowman is big enough so he won't follow you but enter the corridors.

Once snowman is in the corridors you can pick almost all presents and candies. Snowman won't leave the 'prison'. Just don't go southwest area...

To get the final presents, two in the center of screen and on the bottom left, watch snowman movement. Go when he's entering deep into corridor, going away from the entrance/exit.

attachicon.gificicle_lane_tip.gif

You can grab your present and snowflake, then wait in the red X Wait spot.

When Snowman reaches the X - GO! mark. Go left and enter the tunnel!

You'll have a great safe zone.

Presents outside safe zone can be picked if you follow snowman's movement and don't show yourself when he's approaching the corridor exit.

• 11 months later...

Now I have a video for my confusing words:

• Like 1