IGNORED

Atari Inc. - Business Is Fun Now Available!

Albert

I placed a preorder for my copy back in August, and paid through Amazon Payments. I received a shipping confirmation on 8/24 which up through today still does not show the package was ever shipped. I've tried sending emails to ask on my order status through Facebook, Amazon Payments and standard email but receive no responses...

Are other AAers receiving their preorder copies? Am I the only one to receive a shipping confirmation (which prompted the payment to post) months before it was actually published?

Edited by kurtori

They are starting to go out in the order they were placed, we just started getting shipping updates today, so they are finally moving at long last, you'll get an update as soon as your order comes up, but they are moving.

I placed a preorder for my copy back in August, and paid through Amazon Payments. I received a shipping confirmation on 8/24 which up through today still does not show the package was ever shipped. I've tried sending emails to ask on my order status through Facebook, Amazon Payments and standard email but receive no responses...

Are other AAers receiving their preorder copies? Am I the only one to receive a shipping confirmation (which prompted ghe psyment to post) months before it was actually published?

As we've stated here, on Facebook, and in emails to people, those shipping confirmations were sent automatically by Amazon Payments and out of our control. It would simply be impossible for the book to ship if it wasn't published yet.

We've also stated in this thread and the other book threads on here, and on Facebook, Amazon is handling all the pre-order shipping. We have zero input as to when they ship it out, otherwise they would have shipped as soon as we submitted the book for publication. Likewise, we haven't recieved a penny from any of the pre-orders yet, that's all with Amazon.

Years ago, I had many experiences with Amazon where they'd ship preordered items long after they'd shipped to the folks who ordered them on release day. It really ticked me off! In the last year or so, they've been much better with my preorders of DVDs, so I'm a bit surprised they're apparently still using the old 'screw the customer' system for books. Shame on them. :thumbsdown:

Hi John,

Yup, you're about 75 orders in, I just looked up your order, a bunch of people ahead of you are starting to ship, just saw Steve Fulton's order go to ship status, so you should be going out really soon, glad to see people's orders finally moving. Waiting for our box of books to get autographed so we can mail out to Kickstarter backers so Marty and I are scrambling...

Going out in the order they were placed, good to know! Thanks Curt! I had the exact same question myself. :)

Probably around $24.99 or perhaps a little less, we are just guesstimating right now since we don't have a Kindle ready file to submit and move to the next sections of Amazon's Kindle system to specify pricing, but based on their info, we think it will be somewhere in that area, as soon as it is published on Kindle we'll be able to let everyone know, again from the way its looking, it'll be sometime in early 2013 because of how huge the book is and how much conversion work needs to be done.

What will be the price of the Kindle edition?

Years ago, I had many experiences with Amazon where they'd ship preordered items long after they'd shipped to the folks who ordered them on release day. It really ticked me off! In the last year or so, they've been much better with my preorders of DVDs, so I'm a bit surprised they're apparently still using the old 'screw the customer' system for books. Shame on them. :thumbsdown:

I've had similar experiences with preordering games. I recieved Super Mario Galaxy 12 days after it arrived in stores, and my Mario coin preorder bonus that was promised to me never showed up. Amazon wouldn't even let me cancel the order so I could pick it up locally because my order status was "being prepared." I learned my lesson and now I exclusively preorder games from Gamestop so I can pick them up day one. Stupid Amazon doesn't even stock Nintendo consoles on the main site anymore; why I have no idea. Overall, I'm kind of peeved that all our preorders haven't shipped yet. I placed my order on July 24th... :razz: Edited by stardust4ever

Hi Curt,

I realize that you said that the pre-orders from Amazon are out of your hands, and that they are starting to ship in the order that they were made. I have a issue comming up concerning my pre-order and since I didn't get a response from the forum asking for a ETA on when my copy is going to ship, I thought I would PM you (and post) for help.

I live in a apartment and therefore I'll receive a notice when the book comes telling me to go to the post office to get it. They will hold it for 5 days.

I'm going on vacation for the holidays from Sat morning December 22nd until Tuesday night January 1st.

If the book comes during that time, it will be sent back cause I won't be able to get it in time.

I'm therefore very kindly requesting that:

1) I receive my book by Friday December 21st

2) The book not be shipped until after New Years

While I would prefer the 1st option, I don't know where in the queue I am and would therefore accept the second.

Thank you again for the help with this.

I believe it is possible to instruct the post office to forward the mail to a PO box or trusted recipient? You could have the post office deliver it to a neighbor who would hold it for you until you get back. I've never used mail forwarding before but i think it the post office may offer that option. Either way, contact your local post office.

How can I have my mail forwarded while I am away from home for an extended period of time?

A unique Postal service, Premium Forwarding Service (PFS), gives residential customers and certain PO Box™ holders the option of having all of their mail reshipped on a predictable basis to a temporary address while they are away from home. For a one-time enrollment fee and a nominal weekly reshipment fee, virtually all of the customer's mail will be packaged weekly and sent by Priority Mail® service to the temporary address. Some items, such as Registered Mail® and Express Mail® are reshipped immediately upon receipt at the Post Office™. PFS can be used for a minimum of two weeks or up to a maximum of one year. It provides customers an additional option to the current piece-by-piece temporary forwarding and Hold Mail services.

Some features of PFS include:

• Most mail is forwarded once a week via Priority Mail®; some mail is immediately reshipped separately upon arrival at the primary address.

• Your mail will be forwarded to you on a weekly basis if you are away for a minimum of two weeks or up to one year.

• Your permanent address does not change and your temporary address is not provided to mailers.

For detailed information on Premium Forwarding Service, including fees, please go to https://www.usps.com/premiumforwarding

Edited by stardust4ever

Any idea on what order number we are up to? I'm giving away copies as gifts, yet don't have my own personal pre order copy yet. pout.

Kinda wondering that myself. I would like to think that if the preorders have started trickling out as Curt stated, that it shouldn't be long now? Then again, I have no idea as to how many preorders there are.

The problem is being taken care off by Curt, if you can please edit your note to remove my old one, thanks. :)

Unfortunately, I can't edit any posts older than one hour without moderator intervention. Maybe Albert or someone can delete it or at least remove the quote block? I didn't mean to cause any offense. Be aware that whatever you post on a public forum, is public.

Curt, is there any update or ETA as to when those of us who preordered could possibly receive shipment? Even if Amazon Fulfillment used the absolute cheapest and slowest option possible (Media Mail), and procrastinated sending out out packages by an entire week or more, the books would have been trickling through and arriving on peoples doorsteps by now.

Send all msgs direct to curt@atarimuseum.com regarding pre-orders, can't keep bouncing around msg boards looking for people's questions... a lot more efficient if you actually directly communicate with a person instead of doing it like this, you can't expect people to jump around looking for you, go to them....

Pretty simple stuff:

Order #

Name

Address

City, State, Zip

Country

Send your info, makes it WORLDS EASIER for me to help you, if you'd actually help me a bit too...

Got it...reading it...This is one big book! Already read about some myths that are just false.Just finished the chapter,"Somebody get me a mallet!" and can totally relate to the warping plastic cases since I did quality control at a platics factory 17 years ago.

Got it...reading it...This is one big book! Already read about some myths that are just false.Just finished the chapter,"Somebody get me a mallet!" and can totally relate to the warping plastic cases since I did quality control at a platics factory 17 years ago.

Feel free to post a review up on Amazon when you're done. That goes for everyone else that has read through their copy!

So what specific myths were you talking about? There was so many we cleared up during the process of doing the book.

Since Curt is in the hospital, and he has much bigger things to worry about -- are there people who preordered the book who have not yet gotten their preorder?

I'm wondering if I can just cancel the preorder and buy it from Amazon, but I can't find my saved e-mail confirmation of the order and it's not showing up on my Amazon page. :ponder:

Since Curt is in the hospital, and he has much bigger things to worry about -- are there people who preordered the book who have not yet gotten their preorder?

I'm wondering if I can just cancel the preorder and buy it from Amazon, but I can't find my saved e-mail confirmation of the order and it's not showing up on my Amazon page. :ponder:

That's what we're probably going to be doing for the bulk of them. It's just taking way too long for Amazon to process these, and people will get it quicker just re-ordering. We certainly will not be doing this again with them if we do pre-orders for the next book. We'll probably just wind up doing it on our own and just manually ordering copies and mailing them out.