IGNORED

wip

kenfused

Seriously? No-one else has checked this out yet?

Man, that's amazing! It plays pretty well, though I don't have a CC2 so I'm not able to try it out on real hardware. On my keyboard, the controls were a bit touchy.

I take it you're going to do two player as well int he final implementation. That would be great! What sort of music are you planning? The traditional themes from the original Russian game, or the ones everyone knows? And is this an XM music title, or are you going for traditional TIA... or Both?

The 7800 definitely needs more puzzle games.

Edited by Lendorien

It is mostly patterned after a certain arcade version, so would definitely like to use the music it used, but as long as there is space, music from other versions could be select-able.

XM POKEY is a possibility. Don't know how well TIA could do for music but if someone wants to volunteer...Or yamaha...

It will at least have sound effects without Pokey.

I hope to have a couple of play modes where boards are cleared like the arcade version or where you keep on playing without the screen clearing.

Other plans or schemes:

Different color options for the pieces.

Having piece being made out of blocks vs. outlines.

Yes, two players at once was planned in from the beginning.

--Ken

post-4263-0-64744800-1353993653_thumb.png

• Like 5

wip

Thank God...............We really need people like you to make games especiially if PMP is permanatly retired..........Will this game be avaiilable on cart soon?.......I would definately purchase...I love tetris so I'm sure ill dig "wip".....................Please make available on cart...........Plus I am a fan of your BnQ game which I purchased a while back......I also love the Beef Drop game which I also purchased....Thank you And keep up the good work.....One thing for sure, we certainly need your services....:)

P.S, I told everyone that Yoda said there was another hope, I guess he was referring to Ken....Thanks bro......Please don't leave us too......I feel better now that I know there's another. :)

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Best CC2 scheme? can it allow pokey to it?

comgrats!

maybe there's a post BOB era on the 7800 after all :-D

Something tells me you haven't been here very long. Kenfused has been programming 7800 games before Bob did.

Edited by Bakasama
  • Like 2

Something tells me you haven't been here very long. Kenfused has been programming 7800 games before Bob did.

Love Beed Drop, mainly on the 5200,

didn't find the 7800 version that much better -happens a lot-

didn't like b*nQ though, qbert 2600 and 5200 had what it takes for me

but i know, Ken really can code...

...and this one looks really high res on real hardware, way better than Ataritris on the 5200.

i can only wonder how good the music will be

Secret Atari ROM!

Pulled it down, tried it out... very nicely done so far. The basic game play seems to be there.

As for sound, I would say to have the basic 'flip, drop, stack, kill' sounds be TIA calls. Background music should do a Pokey-Detect to do the public domain Russian themes we all know would fit the game. TIA music would be possible for intro/outro and level clearing as well, which would go to Pokey if the chip's present on the cart.

As for XM.. I don't think this is one of those games that needs the upper-end. It's so far clean and simple and would probably would best that way as a VERY nice addition to Atari Age's 7800 lineup. :)

• Like 1

Secret Atari ROM!

Pulled it down, tried it out... very nicely done so far. The basic game play seems to be there.

As for sound, I would say to have the basic 'flip, drop, stack, kill' sounds be TIA calls. Background music should do a Pokey-Detect to do the public domain Russian themes we all know would fit the game. TIA music would be possible for intro/outro and level clearing as well, which would go to Pokey if the chip's present on the cart.

As for XM.. I don't think this is one of those games that needs the upper-end. It's so far clean and simple and would probably would best that way as a VERY nice addition to Atari Age's 7800 lineup. :)

I agree about just make it a standard cart but either way would be cool .