IGNORED

The Games That Disappointed You

I like Star Strike. I loved playing it when I was a kid. However, I was a bit disappointed about the ending when you win. I guess I was expecting something as equally cool, but opposite to when they destroy the planet.

I liked it, though.

dZ.

Star Strike. What a pile of garbage.

PS: I hate solar. Not only did I never get the Christmas Carol commercial made, I havne;t even PLAYED it.

Go download the ROM and play, then post your score on the HSC thread. Go ahead, we'll wait. :)

townparkradio, do you get 100% of your electricity from solar, or do you have a generator for emergencies? I was reading an interesting article the other day about repurposing hybrid car batteries for solar installations, and your situation crossed my mind (as well as a few other people I know who live off-grid).

Either way I admire what you're doing, and wish I were in more of a position to do the same. During the power outage after Hurricane Sandy we busted out a solar panel, but it's just a little thing that barely draws enough to charge a cell phone (let alone when skies are grey).

I wonder if an Intellivision could be modified to draw less current? The Atari 2600 can, IIRC.

townparkradio, do you get 100% of your electricity from solar, or do you have a generator for emergencies? I was reading an interesting article the other day about repurposing hybrid car batteries for solar installations, and your situation crossed my mind (as well as a few other people I know who live off-grid).

Either way I admire what you're doing, and wish I were in more of a position to do the same. During the power outage after Hurricane Sandy we busted out a solar panel, but it's just a little thing that barely draws enough to charge a cell phone (let alone when skies are grey).

I wonder if an Intellivision could be modified to draw less current? The Atari 2600 can, IIRC.

i too wish i was in the position to be more of a minimalist. i spend everyday on the web looking at survival stuff, bunkers and tiny houses. and @ golden band: i believe you can use marine batteries as well.

truck broke again. all repairs failed. got caught on hill. slid backwards. neck hurt. I decided to take a NAP

in the truck in the winter in Montana for some reason, I'm guessing whiplash or shock or something. wake up an hour later.

ran home, got help, people who's help I got ended up crashing into my truck

now I'm on the hook for everything wrong with my vehicle and anything wrong with theirs

I have 62 dollars in savings, $315 in bank, and no way to get to work ever again. all of my vehicles are broke down beyond repair

I tried my best man. you all were here, hearin' about it now and then. I tried my best, to fix things, hold down a job, cut power consumption, do everything right

and it all failed and my Dad's in the hospital from a heart attack and everything is awful.

I'm burying myself in a fuckin sake bottle right now. Do any of you have a Vita with Need For Speed or ragnarok oddyssey online, or a Steam account? I just wanna play some video games and forget about all of this for one night.

truck broke again. all repairs failed. got caught on hill. slid backwards. neck hurt. I decided to take a NAP

in the truck in the winter in Montana for some reason, I'm guessing whiplash or shock or something. wake up an hour later.

ran home, got help, people who's help I got ended up crashing into my truck

now I'm on the hook for everything wrong with my vehicle and anything wrong with theirs

I have 62 dollars in savings, $315 in bank, and no way to get to work ever again. all of my vehicles are broke down beyond repair

I tried my best man. you all were here, hearin' about it now and then. I tried my best, to fix things, hold down a job, cut power consumption, do everything right

and it all failed and my Dad's in the hospital from a heart attack and everything is awful.

I'm burying myself in a fuckin sake bottle right now. Do any of you have a Vita with Need For Speed or ragnarok oddyssey online, or a Steam account? I just wanna play some video games and forget about all of this for one night.

Often times a one-two punch is needed to get out of this funk. It's not enough to get by. It's like taking medicine. You either do it all or none, because, some is just consuming resources and accomplishing nothing.

Being a kid of the late 70's and early 80's I was, and still to a certain degree :P had a Star Wars infatuation so The Empire Strikes Back was actually a bigger letdown than Donkey Kong to me...

That was just devastating to myself being such a big fan. :thumbsdown:

I'm with OutlawTorn71. There's a few games I haven't really got into, Star Strike and Math Fun for example but they've not been disappointments as such but Parker's Empire Strikes Back (Out?) was. Of all the great things they could have done with the game this is the best they could come up with? Lame!

• Like 1