IGNORED

Wyvern Tales

Ninjabba

A few weeks ago I had received an email saying I was finally chosen to purchase a copy of this game. All I needed to do was answer a few questions. I hit replay and I've never heard anything since. I've been checking my mail and my spam folder daily.

That's strange, I generally reply with an invoice to finalize the purchase. Can you PM me your email address or forward the email you filled in so I can see the status on my side?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone experienced crashes on Lynx 1 models too? I like this game a lot, impressive effort for an indie project,  though Iam not too fond of the heavy grinding and random battles which happen way too often. It is not that enjoyable to explore the map, when constantly running into random battles. Nontheless it deserves all the praise, I hope there will be a sequel.

Still on the waiting list...

Since Wyvern Tales is an hommage to old school japanese RPG, the random battle (and the subsequent grinding) are to be expected. I'm not a big fan of that system too, but if the game is excellent I guess that's fine :) (and at least during those ages, the griding was just to  level-up, not to make you spend more money...)

• Like 2

It's true that the random encounter rate is quite high compared to more modern jrpgs, generally there are options nowadays to regulate the encounter rate.

I based the encounter rate on classics like the original Dragon Quests and FFs, I think I even toned it down compared to those games. 

I wanted to have a potion that would decrease the encounter rate for a little time, but had to sacrifice this feature during the final stages of development when I realized I ran out of space.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2019 at 2:49 AM, LordKraken said:

Since Wyvern Tales is an hommage to old school japanese RPG, the random battle (and the subsequent grinding) are to be expected. I'm not a big fan of that system too, but if the game is excellent I guess that's fine :) (and at least during those ages, the griding was just to  level-up, not to make you spend more money...)

I've never been a fan of random encounters and turn based battles, but I did really enjoy this game.  I spent a lot of time grinding early on and also did all the side quests, although I think I found a bug in one if I recall correctly.  I have a ton of respect for @Ninjabba for making it.  A game like this has to be one of the most difficult to create.

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...