108 Stars

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I don't think that Matashen like this. Anyone ask if it is OK to sell this piece of Software?

Even if there is a long silence from Matashen about the Game, it is not an abandoned project from any bankrupt company!

I think the chance it will ever be completed decreased now dramatically, because someone try to make money with it and much more that some people are ready to pay and talking in this Thread about it.

Just unbelievable!

Edited by Lynxman
  • Like 3

I won the auction. I can not wait to try it. the seller wrote to me that this is a four-level game.

I would recommend you get your money back. Even if I was not personally pissed about this even happening, you totally overpaid for what you will get.

If it is anything like the last build I tried it is barely playable. As in no/limited collision detection. And the backgrounds could be toggled. It was more to see how it looks and moves in motion.

Honestly, this move sucks and I contacted the seller to tell him to not sell that again. I doubt it will help, but this is a scam. The game is not IK. He willingly gives no description telling this is an alpha version of a homebrew and not in a playable state. He calls it IK. All to mislead people and make money of other people's work.

It has been so long... did we ever release a demo to public? Because if we did not, that means somebody whom we trusted leaked this ROM. Which in turn means you must keep development completely under wraps and only ever hand out ROMs to people actually involved in development.

I know the game has been in dev hell for years. But it is not cancelled. If anything, selling this WIP or supporting the thief that makes money with it may well lead to people dropping support for Lynx homebrew. I know matashen is very much against this kind if thing and I can totally see this to be the straw that breaks the camel's back so that he quits the Lynx altogether.

Don't sell ROMs of homebrews. And do not encourage scun who do it by paying them.

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 6

Hi, the seller has already sent the package.
The criticism for this product arrived after the auction.
On ebay I can ask for the money back only if the package does not arrive. For the rest, the seller does not accept the return of the game. I did not think a stranger had this version.
I made the offer thinking it was authorized for sale.
I just have to wait.
I promise not to sell the cart and not to show the content to anyone. This is the best I can do.
Of course if I receive the package.

Hi, the seller has already sent the package.The criticism for this product arrived after the auction.On ebay I can ask for the money back only if the package does not arrive. For the rest, the seller does not accept the return of the game. I did not think a stranger had this version.I made the offer thinking it was authorized for sale.I just have to wait.I promise not to sell the cart and not to show the content to anyone. This is the best I can do.Of course if I receive the package.

Actually, I believe you can start the process of getting your money back if you report it to eBay. And I’d try to send the cart directly to matashen. You’ll lose a pirated build but help build up the Lynx community. :)

• Like 1

I think you can still get your money back.

It is not just about if you get your package. The seller sold you "International Karate", which this game is not. Also, depending on what he told you I think it is already a scam if he said this was playable. It is more than a slideshow, but unless there was a later ROM I never saw there is no AI in the enemy or very limited, and collisions do not register half the time. This would have also belonged in the description.

Can not force you to, but there are ways.

• Like 2

It has been so long... did we ever release a demo to public?

As far as i know, no demo to public.

Because if we did not, that means somebody whom we trusted leaked this ROM.

This means next time any piece of code has to be signed in any way, to make it is easy to find out the responsible.

Anyway, if someone sell any software without permission on ebay, i think they are very interested to get information about.

• Like 1