IGNORED

CommaVid question

TVisitor

Hi Guys!

I'm pretty new around here (lurked for a while, not many posts) ... Nice to meet all of you :-)

I was an Atari 2600 kid back in the 70's, and still love the system today (both on the real McCoy & emulation).

While digging through some old stuff, I found an envelope from CommaVid - it's an order form for Video Life & an advertisement flyer and such.

I doubt these are worth anything beyond a curiosity & nostalgia - anyone think it's worth a scan to throw up online somewhere?

Cheers.

Edited by TVisitor

Hopefully this can answer your question:

http://www.atariage.com/company_page.html?CompanyID=22&SystemID=2600&SystemFilterID=2600

Commavid games are rare. I only have the most common ones, which are like R6 or something. If I had something like that myself, I'd keep that order form blank and not send it in!

Oh yes, I know the games are rare! I remember as a kid reading "Electronic Fun With Computers And Games" and seeing the ad for the "Magic Cart" which is what prompted me to send for more info. I can kick myself up/down/left/right for not begging my parents to order me this thing, considering what it's worth.

I'm pretty sure if I filled it out now, I'd get a return to sender :)

Though I was wondering if the actual flyer they sent me could be worth something beyond the paper it's printed on... I can scan it if anyone wants to see it for nostalgia purposes. These things are always fun to share.

Yep, that's what mine are - the letter and such. I don't seem to have the 2 glossy looking black flyers though. Mine is in the original envelope that they sent it to me in back in the 80's.

I really don't have intention of getting rid of them, but apparently there was a comment in the prior mentioned rarities thread that said some collectors really treat them like gems even though they're "just paper"... are they actually worth something?