IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #15 Carol vs the WORLD!

It would be interesting to see which scores are using a cart vs emulation.

That's easy: the crooked, blurry pictures with a TV border, are on cart.

By the way, I've played in both and during the early development, I was really good playing it in emulation. However, when I started playing it on the console, I was even better.

There really is no advantage either way, it depends on your preference. On the one hand, the game was designed to be played with the Intellivision disc controller, and I find it superior than using the arrow keys on the keyboard; on the other, some people really like using the arrow keys on the keyboard.

Part of the reason Cparsley is so good at the game is because he was a beta tester, and not only has played it for a long time, but he also participated, along with the other testers, in designing and refining the game logic.

That, and I personally think he just has too much time on his hands. :P

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I still think if I can hit the perfects thru a 4k+ at that point is possible...., 5k by end of Ranger, rather easy I'd think... (dont leave too much candy/snowflakes on the board (just giving back pts if u do)

4k+? 5k? Stop it with this crazy talk! LOL! :lol:

I've updated the CvW leaderboard.

I'd like to tell those with low scores, or those casually thinking of participating: Do not get discouraged or scared by those high scores!

Some of those high scores you see in the leaderboard started off as very low scores as well.

As example, I point your eyes to the following participants, whom started humbly and are now in the top ranks:

• ACrystal2011 - First entry: 593
  • Scalpel - First entry: 496
  • odnarb1986 - First entry: 532
  • Cparsley - First entry: 565 (He just has too much time! LOL!)

And look at them now, in the thousands! That could be you... it's possible. Just keep rocking! There's plenty of time!

Remember, all scores are good scores, and this championship is nothing if you don't have fun enjoying the game. :)

-dZ.

;) very good i woulda killed the ghost tho :lol:

Ah! but in my story (which is based on the game, and I will publish eventually as a children's book), Carol befriends the Ghost and they help each other. And at the end, Carol leaves a present from Santa for the Ghost, which makes him very happy (he is the Ghost Of Christmas Presents, after all). :)

It was just very hard to make all those animations!

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay