IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #15 Carol vs the WORLD!

We have a new entry from Yeliz K.:

Yeliz K. (age 12)

Score:

Level:

Helper

post-27318-0-05603900-1356456684_thumb.jpeg

Fantastic score! Just yesterday she posted about 500 points and now she's at the cusp of being a Top Elite Elf! Plus, she managed to save Christmas from the Evil Snowman; how's that for progress!

Great work, Yeliz, and Happy Christmas!

-dZ.

CvW Leaderboard updated.

Actually, that's one of the easy ones. Review the tips and tricks, and see how to apply them to keep the Snowman under control. ;)

-dZ.

I found a general strategy to Frosted maze where I usually got perfect the first time and usually lost a life on the second time. I don't know why I screw it up. Sometimes it's the long tunnels, sometimes it's the ghost, but I'm always inconsistent on that map.

The easiest map, by far, is Freezer Burn. I always get perfect both times. Another thing that throws me off is that, after saving Christmas and going back to Haunted Hollow, Carol has slowed down but the Snowman has sped up.

The important thing is that I'm yelling at my TV a lot :mad:

Another thing that throws me off is that, after saving Christmas and going back to Haunted Hollow, Carol has slowed down but the Snowman has sped up.

Actually, that's not really true. Both the Snowman's and the Elf's speeds are increased, however the while the Snowman is increased by 12.5%, the Elf is only scaled by half of that, or 6.25%. This means that on every rank, all sprites go faster, but the enemies go even faster.

The effect that you are experiencing is the contrast between the fast pace of the Boss Stage against the relative passivity of the first stage again. Recall, even though Haunted Hollow is faster the next time around, it is still slower than Twisted Toyland from the previous run.

It all adds to the challenge, and I hope, the fun and interest of the game. :)

-dZ.

Level 40!

RANGER

YES! A new best on Christmas night... :)

Broke 3ks for the first time!

Freezer Burn is probably the easiest now... lol.

Had trouble on Krystal Keep "Helper" 2 lives lost, I was nervous :P

Congratulations & Merry Christmas, JacobZu7zu7!!! That is an awesome score and it brings you all the way to position #3.

Now, you know that achieving the rank of Ranger Elf is the first step in becoming a Master Elf, right? You are well on your way.

Yes, Freezer Burn is easy, and it seems that the faster it goes, the faster you get to complete it with Perfect Bonus. I still hate Candy Cove. :mad:

-dZ.

• Like 1

I just received my new cartridge and I can use my favorite unit. I only played twice today with.... and Scalpel is back, so be afraid!!! :grin:

I almost saved Christmas 3 times !!! Arrghhh

Thank you so much James for the fantastic game and the challenge!

post-32817-0-26993900-1356524685_thumb.jpg

Edited by scalpel
  • Like 1

I just received my new cartridge and I can use my favorite unit. I only played twice today with.... and Scalpel is back, so be afraid!!! :grin:

Congratulations, Scalpel!! You just bumped down Jacob (sorry!) and took the third spot on the board! You are so close to becoming a Master Elf, just a little bit more...

We have 6 days left to conclude the championship, this is the final stretch! Get your scores in!

-dZ.

CvW Leaderboard updated.

Wow, Scalpel! I'm just trying to make 3000, but I don't think I'll hit a score like that before the end of the year. Great job! Have you been playing on emulator up until yesterday?