IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #15 Carol vs the WORLD!

I hear ya. But this game just frustrates me. It's a lot more than just learning the strategies but preforming them.

So many things trip me up.

The ghost messes me up and screws up my plans more times then he doesn't

I slip up and go the wrong way, i mess myself up just as much as the ghost messes me up. I go up when i should of went down, my finger slips, etc.

Hello Intellivision Dude,

I may give you a hint that works very well for me. Ignore the Red Candies. Forget about perfect scores. Go for the Gifts and Save Xmas.

I have observed my niece playing and she doesn't know about perfect scores nor red candies. Yet she made it to Ranger Level.

The goal of a perfect Xmas is achievable however I found that it distracts a lot.

Liduario some time ago posted a hint. Play until your last life then practice the level where you finish. This is a great hint and may explain why LIduario is a Grand Elf Master.

I will only add one little thing: forget about the red candies!

Cheers and above all... have fun!

• Like 1

Wow! So much activity, and I went to bed early and missed it! I'll try to respond to everybody below...

DZ, part of my new video is dedicated to Carol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_plR9N1QC8I

Nice, Dude! I like that box a lot. But, does Link even know how to deal with an Evil Snowman?

I'll be updating the board before going to bed tonight (remember the 2nd Annual King of the Mountain multi-console Knockout competition coming very soon to a favorite console near you)

but, before I do that, since it seems someone (not naming names) had to get past level 64, I hit it hard tonight, and as DragonBall Z would say... it's over 8000!!!!

post-25689-0-02167100-1356675142_thumb.jpg

Holy macaroni-on-a-stick! 8K points--that's insane! Congratulations Cparsley! I think the only thing missing for you now is to roll-over the score to Yellow... :o

Seriously, we'll have to come up with a special rank for you. :)

Where in the World is Carol Greenleaf?

Introducing Carol around the World competition.

Can you recognize the real world landmark?

Can you recognize Carol's world landmark?

Hint: The real world landmark is the picture on the left ;-)

LOL! That's funny! I'll take a crack (tee-hee!) at it... The Manneken Pis?

In Belgium, of course! :)

I may give you a hint that works very well for me. Ignore the Red Candies. Forget about perfect scores. Go for the Gifts and Save Xmas.

I have observed my niece playing and she doesn't know about perfect scores nor red candies. Yet she made it to Ranger Level.

The goal of a perfect Xmas is achievable however I found that it distracts a lot.

Liduario some time ago posted a hint. Play until your last life then practice the level where you finish. This is a great hint and may explain why LIduario is a Grand Elf Master.

That's great advice, that's what the Practice Mode is there for. Also, remember that the "ranks" in the Practice Mode correspond to the difficulty of those levels when you play them in the regular game after earning that rank.

I will add one more hint, which I think is very important to know: The Snowman is forced to flip directions when you eat a Snowflake. He doesn't just pick a random direction, he reverses on his axis of travel. This means that, when on a corridor, he will switch to go in the exact opposite direction.

Use that knowledge to keep him away or to make his path more predictable.

8K ? I can't believe it ! Congratulations Cparsley !!!! You're the MASTER !

BTW, I think I won a MUG :)

Yes! Congratulations, Scalpel! You have now been initiated into the Elf Masters Circle, and thus shall be awarded with the special vessel of the Master Elves, forged in the valleys of Rivendell by the crafts-elves that serve Lord Master Elrond!

You are now in position #3, and not too far from Grand Elf Masters Liduario and Oscar G.

-dZ.

• Like 1

With only 4 days left for the championship, we have Grand Elf Master Oscar G. still as the Top Ranking Elf, with Grand Elf Master Liduario nipping at his heels; followed closely by Master Elf Scalpel in the third position.

We've seen many great achievements from everyone, including a 12 year-old girl that kicked IntellivisionDude's butt down from the Top 10 Elite Elves, and one Karima K. that from nowhere, out of the blue, arrived with a high score surpassing many veterans.

Nonetheless, all scores are great achievements. Everybody on the leaderboard, high or low, has achieved a higher score than they themselves originally expected. Moreover, we've all shared in the fun and excitement of the competition--and that makes the entire enterprise worthwhile. :)

It's been a fantastic season, but we're not done yet! There is still time for everybody to rise to the Master Challenge or to try to take the prize from the top leaders.

So, rock-n-roll! And keep those scores coming!

-dZ.

CvW Leaderboard updated.

I'll be updating the board before going to bed tonight (remember the 2nd Annual King of the Mountain multi-console Knockout competition coming very soon to a favorite console near you)

but, before I do that, since it seems someone (not naming names) had to get past level 64, I hit it hard tonight, and as DragonBall Z would say... it's over 8000!!!!

post-25689-0-02167100-1356675142_thumb.jpg

WOW ... we're not worthy ... we're not worthy!

Thanks Liduardo :)

So, Liduardo is Leader now !! Congratulations !

mais attention, je pense qu'Oscar G. n'a pas dit son dernier mot ! ;)

et moi non plus ;) loooool

Indeed! Congratulations to Liduario! ¡Felicitaciones! ¡Enhorabuena! Parabéns!

Grand Elf Master Liduario is now the Top Ranking Elf--for now at least. Let's see if Oscar G. will let that stand. ;)

Scalpel, you're also on the line... keep those scores coming!

-dZ.

CvW Leaderboard updated.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I should rent myself out to whomever of the top (eligible) players want that game bad enough (hehehehehehehehehehehe!!!) At least the 4 of us can toast together!

Now, now, that's not nice... But yes, the Elf Grand Master Council should get together, it's time to consider the fate of the World. :)

Holy cow-and-chicken sticks! That is just unbelievable! (except that I believe it.)

Grand Elf Master Liduario has just pushed the stakes of the game and raised the price of the Grand Prize to a fantastic level!

However, let's keep level heads. There's still a bit over three days--and a full week-end--till the end of this championship, and I don't know that we've heard the last from Grand Elf Master Oscar G., Master Elf Scalpel, Ranger Elves JacobZu7zu7 and Fushek, or anybody else.

Still, that is an amazing score, Liduario, and it deserves much praise. Your progress and perseverance has hitherto been the stuff of epic legends. I had to stop what I was doing to update the leaderboard and post that incredible score. Congratulations!

-dZ.

CvW Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1

I forgot to say thanks. That might be part of my problem. I mainly only try for perfects on 3 different boards, the rest i just try to finish the boards as fast as possible. So i died a few times because of greed and a few times because of human error.

Who knows maybe i will give it another try anyway since i had a couple days to reflect. But what sucks is i have to work every day until the contest is over so it all depends on how i feel when i get home. :(

• Like 1

I forgot to say thanks. That might be part of my problem. I mainly only try for perfects on 3 different boards, the rest i just try to finish the boards as fast as possible. So i died a few times because of greed and a few times because of human error.

I do the same. I have this obsession of picking up every bon-bon, which causes me to either take too long (and increase the chance of error), or take unnecessary risks. This obsession drives me insane in Candy Cove. :mad:

I agree with Oscar and Liduario, just concentrate on picking up presents, and ignore the candy. Use the Snowflakes when you need them, otherwise ignore them. The Perfect Bonus is just a few points, anyway. They add up, sure, but you get more by reaching farther.

Who knows maybe i will give it another try anyway since i had a couple days to reflect. But what sucks is i have to work every day until the contest is over so it all depends on how i feel when i get home. :(

Do you work on New Year's Eve as well?

Here's an idea: set your alarm clock for an hour earlier, and play a round in the morning, before going to work. That's how I did when playing the HSC before. Except that my alarm was already an hour earlier, I just dillydallied around. :)

-dZ.

I'm still behind the 3000 barrier. I think I regressed as I can't even save Christmas anymore. I think I might be too focused on the Bon Bons. I'm going to try to ignore them completely to reset my mojo. Grrrrr.

Jason, don't forget to post your photos, even if the score is not higher than before. The leaderboard shows you still as Helper Elf, so if you managed to reach the rank of Ranger Elf, post it here.

Oh, and IGNORE THAT CANDY! :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay