IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #15 Carol vs the WORLD!

Holy roly-poly flying fish sticks!

OMG! Liduario, you are actually going to make it to the Yellow score! That is just incredible. :-o

The score colour roll-over is the last "marathon" feature of the game that is left to be put to use, so if you make it to 10K, you'll make Christmas Carol gaming history (not that you already haven't earned your spot in the history of this game!)

I've updated the CvW Leaderboard with your latest score. If my calculations are correct, you have saved Christmas as a Master Elf thrice! That is just beyond belief, and much grandiose than Grand Elf Master, that's a class all its own!

Congratulations!

-dZ.

• Like 1

For anybody who has ever wondered, I have gathered some very simple statistics on the leaderboard. Of course, you already know who's at the top of the rank and all that, but below is some more information:

Total Records Processed: 127
Participant Entries found: 33
Non-Participant Entries found: 2
Disqualified Entries found: 1

Last stages:
   Twisted Toyland 27
   Icicle Lane 26
   Haunted Hollow 18
   Candy Cove 15
   Krystal Keep 12
   Frosted Maze 10
   Snowflake Garden 10
   Freezer Burn 8

Top Ranks:
   Novice 18
   Ranger 7
   Helper 6
   Grand Master 3
   Master 1

The "Last stages" is the number of entries that shows players dying on that stage. The "Top ranks" represents the distribution of ranks among the entire leaderboard.

It looks like "Twisted Toyland" is the one that trips players the most. I'll update my script to determine the distribution of ranks amongst the "Last stages" as well.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Icicle Lane is the second stage that kills the most!

Let's keep evil snowman locked in upper left corridor!

I love Icicle lanes. To me, it is the screen with the nicest and coolest-looking layout. I also find it easy, though it can be extremely challenging if you don't use a proper strategy.

My strategy is to clear the "nooks" first, those tiny rooms at the bottom with a present and snowflakes. They can be real death traps if you try to go in there while the Snowman is out!

-dZ.

Still going... here's a new entry from Karima K., sent via e-mail:

Karima K.:

Score:

Level:

Ranger Elf

post-27318-0-13626200-1356896466_thumb.jpeg

Ranger Elf Karima is now at position #8, displacing Yeliz K. and pushing ACrystal2011 much too close to the borderline of the Top 10 Elite Elves.

There's still time! So rock-n'-roll!

-dZ.

• Like 1

My last and final attempt. I did this attempt for fun instead of competition. I also recorded the gameplay for my youtube channel just so i can show my subscribers all the levels, cut scenes and ending. I will upload it later. And i somehow ended up doing better this time. :)

I ended up dying on my last 2 lives because of 2 stupid human errors. It wasn't the ghosts or snowmans fault this time, just wasn't paying enough attention. You will see later when i upload the video. The first time i accidentally didn't wait for the snowman to go far enough over before i went up. And on my last life i completely forgot a present and i was trapped. Oops. lol

post-25251-0-77982500-1356908559_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My last and final attempt. I did this attempt for fun instead of competition. I also recorded the gameplay for my youtube channel just so i can show my subscribers all the levels, cut scenes and ending. I will upload it later. And i somehow ended up doing better this time. :)

I ended up dying on my last 2 lives because of 2 stupid human errors. It wasn't the ghosts or snowmans fault this time, just wasn't paying enough attention. You will see later when i upload the video. The first time i accidentally didn't wait for the snowman to go far enough over before i went up. And on my last life i completely forgot a present and i was trapped. Oops. lol

post-25251-0-77982500-1356908559_thumb.jpg

Way to go, Dude! That's a fantastic improvement. I am glad that you played it for fun. Concentrating on the competition is stressful and gets in the way of playing.

I've updated the CvW Leaderboard with your new score. You moved up to position #13. There's still one day left--who knows, you may even earn a patch! :)

-dZ.

Way to go, Dude! That's a fantastic improvement. I am glad that you played it for fun. Concentrating on the competition is stressful and gets in the way of playing.

I've updated the CvW Leaderboard with your new score. You moved up to position #13. There's still one day left--who knows, you may even earn a patch! :)

-dZ.

Just in case, just in case i'll rephrase my statement and say my last and final attempt today. lol

My wrist is hurting me today. I am cursed with occasional wrist pain brought on by years of gaming and computer use. It comes and goes and today is bad. It probably won't get any better since i don't ever seem to slow down on either. lol

Edited by IntellivisionDude

I was hoping to "snipe" this at the end... But I am not close to the top scores. It take a while to get up to the top scores.

It seems, at the higher levels, once I make a mistake....That is, hit the ghost with no or just a few snowflakes, you can loose several carol's.

I just cannot stand that darn robot and snowball. Sometimes, it's "randomness" works great for my pattern.

Sometimes, I have to sacrifice a player or 2 just to get beyond that round.

When I first started, the only way I could save Christmas was to not worry about perfect scores.

Now, if I start a game without perfect for the first 6 or 7 levels, I feel like starting over.

However, my best scores are not caring about perfect scores... just finishing rounds without loosing players. Got to 9 extras, but never more.

The scoring spreads out to far, and the darn robot is pretty much going to take an extra every round in the higher levels.

5,786 I am not close :( I wanted the special version.... :( :( :( But having fun playing! I think I lost 2 or 3 player on this last screen.... When I was one present away from finishing it! Carol moves to fast for me at this level!

post-7434-0-37279000-1356925443_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations to both INTVdude and 1980gamer for the great scores!

INTV dude, I knew you will be able to break the 2K barrier. Don't focus on points, focus on Saving Xmas a second time!

It seems that Ranger Elves will get Ranger Elves Patches, which kind of makes sense.