IGNORED

Original Box Design for The Dukes of Hazzard

NIAD

Here is a pic of the original box design for "The Dukes of Hazzard". You will notice that the entire cast of main characters appears on the front of the box compared to the final box version that was used and contained an artistic drawing of a car chase with only Bo, Luke, Daisy and Boss Hogg on the back. Other differences are that the large CV&ADAM Splash info area is used in this version compared to the release version's diagonal info bar at the bottom right corner and that there is no mention that the game requires the Expansion Module #02.

Seeing stuff like this always perks my interest and gets my asking "Why the change?". We all know that there are probably numerous variations created before the final release candidate is settled on, but in this case I'm sure there were other considerations like using the likeness of all those actors could possibly be more expensive or it was just a quick and dirty creation in order to have it available for the catalog.

post-25956-0-56382000-1354343197_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-51696500-1354343203_thumb.png

post-25956-0-96842500-1354343208.jpg

• Like 3

• 8 years later...

The one actually used is more accurate for the gameplay. It shows the EM2 being used, which may have been the main reason for the change, and chasing the blue car with you being chased by the white car and generally no actual characters from the show making an in person appearance. Maybe group testing revealed people were confused by the cover vs the gameplay.