IGNORED

Box & Cart Pic for Cabbage Patch Kids: Workout

NIAD

Here is yet another (mostly blocked from view) picture of a Coleco box, this time for the unreleased Cabbage Patch Kids: Workout game. It is said that the prototype rom image is in the hands of a couple collectors and as you will see from the pic... a cartridge exists but I would have to assume that it is not an original Coleco creation. I think a Prom was burnt using the prototype rom image and then assembled on a PCB, placed in a cart shell and then a custom label made for it. The reason for my thinking is that the CPK artwork on the label is solid green whereas Coleco's released CPK games contained artwork, that while similar, was not solid like this one, but contained green text and artwork with a white background. I could be way off on this, but then again....

Enjoy the pics and BTW, there is one more "juicy" item to come and it's not a box or cart!

post-25956-0-27396900-1354393937_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-01557500-1354393943.jpg

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

Here is one that sold on ebay back in '04. Sorry, I am not the winner. I was worried about the authenticity at the time, especially since the label looked like something printed off a color laserjet.

Man, I wish I would have been collecting back then instead of just following everything from the sidelines and thru emulation especially considering that the winning auction price was not all that bad even for a reproduction/fan creation.

BTW, thanks for sharing this saved auction PDF. :thumbsup:

Edited by NIAD

After looking at colecomaniac pdf & Jim's picture above, I'd have to say that is the same exact cart in both pics. I know the title looks blue in the pdf, but I think that was just a crappy camera shot. Noticed that both carts have the same white splotch in the fine print text area of the label. That is not flash, that is a blemish on the label. There is also a small blemish just below the main one that is also in both pics. You guys just showed two different pictures of the exact same cart.

Edited by pboland

• 2 weeks later...

Little by little I have been sorting through my collection of physical items as well as digital files and came across this one to help clerify were the picture above of the CPK: Workout box came from. It was included in a oleco 1985 Calendar that features numerous ColecoVision and ADAM Computer educational 'warez.

As far as the picture CPK: Workout cart, I'm 99.9% sure of this, is indeed a custom creation that uses the solid green artwork from the CBS releases of the CPK games. See the example CBS label artwork below.

More great items like this to share with the community as I continue sorting everything out!

post-25956-0-23193700-1355692197_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-88766900-1355692220_thumb.jpg