IGNORED

NEW GAME RELEASE - Astrododge

superogue

He won't....it just shows up out of the blue. He could stand to learn a few things from you Pixelboy.... you've got it pretty down pat from my experience.

Indeed, PixelBoy goes to the extreme to keep all his customers well informed on the status of his releases and order processing... which is very welcome. BTW, I'm still waiting for my copy of AstroDodge to show-up in the old mailbox. Hopefully soon.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Although i do send out a monthly newsletter with the latest updates about the game, i am sorry for not being able to inform each and everyone personally with the latest state on shipping (if have to find a way to better organise my emails i guess ;-) ) but i can tell you guys this: Every paid-for copy is on its way in shipment.

This also means any new orders i should be able to ship pretty quickly.

My experience is that shipping-times can vary between 5 and 15 working days, in some rare cases a bit longer, so expect the game to drop on you doormat soon.

I am glad those that already have their copy enjoy it, It is always exciting to start development for a new platform and this game was certainly a great experiencing developing it. It is ofcourse much more work developing a game from scratch than doing a conversion of an existing game done by other companies. The experience i gained will surely help me with upcoming colecovision projects.

Thanks everyone for the support! You guys have been great.

Martijn

Edited by superogue
  • Like 3

Received one of my copies (NTSC) yesterday and luckily didn't have any of the cart sticking to box issues some others had. Looking forward to getting some time to play it on Friday.

I also ordered a PAL box version and so am assuming for now that wa shipped separately and will turn up in a day or so.

Hi Guys,

Although i do send out a monthly newsletter with the latest updates about the game, i am sorry for not being able to inform each and everyone personally with the latest state on shipping (if have to find a way to better organise my emails i guess ;-) ) but i can tell you guys this: Every paid-for copy is on its way in shipment.

This also means any new orders i should be able to ship pretty quickly.

My experience is that shipping-times can vary between 5 and 15 working days, in some rare cases a bit longer, so expect the game to drop on you doormat soon.

I am glad those that already have their copy enjoy it, It is always exciting to start development for a new platform and this game was certainly a great experiencing developing it. It is ofcourse much more work developing a game from scratch than doing a conversion of an existing game done by other companies. The experience i gained will surely help me with upcoming colecovision projects.

Thanks everyone for the support! You guys have been great.

Martijn

Martijn,

I'm enjoying the game, but its hard to get past the 1440 points let alone try to figure out how to get to the secret level. Perhaps it has to do with the colors of the bonus points, or not picking up the points or hidden black hole in space, but very hard to figure out. Perhaps you can provide a hint here?

I like the online score system. NGDev did this with Gunlord (NeoGeo game) and its was great fun to register high score.

Game is hard and can only be played by teenager or adult, a kids level would have been nice.

Box is good, but Team Pixelboy boxes are great. I'm not sure what materials he uses but the corners are always smooth and never crack. Perhaps he is willing to share how he does it, but maybe that is a trade secret.

I'm happy to own the game and its a great addition to the CV. One other thing the music is very good, but only played at title screen perhaps figure out a way for your next game to play more of the good music. Perhaps Attract screen, showing back story of game or how to play game. Kind of like NeoGeo games.

Some of the people here don't use CV controllers to play game, so pressing 5 just to have normal controls is kind of strange, perhaps make standard control = fire button and alternate control = press 5, that way people without CV keypad can play with standard control. Too late for this game, but perhaps for the next one.

Edited by grips03

Thank you guys for all the feedback.

I was pleased with the box quality myself (they were printed professionally), especially for my first effort although i do have a few small improvements for next time. Also all the assembly takes a lot of my time (that i cant spend on developing) so i will look into ways to streamline this as well.

As for the hidden gameplay mode. You have to fiddle around in the main menu until you hear a special sound, after this the hidden mode is unlocked and you can get the achievement as well after playing a game in this mode.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for all the feedback.

I was pleased with the box quality myself (they were printed professionally), especially for my first effort although i do have a few small improvements for next time. Also all the assembly takes a lot of my time (that i cant spend on developing) so i will look into ways to streamline this as well.

As for the hidden gameplay mode. You have to fiddle around in the main menu until you hear a special sound, after this the hidden mode is unlocked and you can get the achievement as well after playing a game in this mode.

I tried to "fiddle" for a long time in the main menu but nothing happened :_( Is there any other hints? How long do I need to "fiddle"?

1582 now. I see the scores on the other platforms and I wonder how they did it.

This game is designed in such a way that practice does make perfect. A score of 2000 is definitely possible.

The MSX scores are a bit higher because of a running competition, so more people took the extra effort ;-)

Glad you enjoy the game!

Martijn

• 3 weeks later...

Got 1991 today. The patterns are the same, so the more you play the better you get. Mapping out your next move helps, i.e. right before you die look on the screen to see what spots on the screen is the most open, and then next time you get to that spot find the next open spot and just repeat.

Martijn - I was wondering the colors mean anything in the game, besides extra points?

Edited by grips03

When did you pay for your copy? He posted a few weeks ago that every paid for copy was on its way.

Matijm just contacted me about this and if nothing shows up in the next week, he will send out another CIB. BTW, paid for it right when it was released.