IGNORED

ALL CV Prototype Games Here! (could be, at least)

retroillucid

In the Atari 2600 forum i posted these youtube movies about Imagic,

and someone responded the following:

I have 3 protos (Atlantis & cosmic ark & wing war for cv) from Imagic. A friend of mine worked next door to them back in the day and got them when he got invited inside while digging through their garbage for consoles (long story) to trade for C=64 s. he gave them to me about 20 years ago.

Here's a link http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/206276-the-making-of-wing-war-and-atlantis/?do=findComment&comment=2655597

• Like 3

The Joust prototype was released in rom format many years ago and was even made available in the early 2000's in cart form by C.G.E. as well as AtariAge. This particular Joust prototype, however, does not contain any sound effects or music. It is widely known that one person does have all the separate sound code for the game, but is not willing to share it with the community.

Earlier this year NewColeco actually started work on implementing sound effects (and maybe music, not sure) to this available prototype rom, but for reasons unknown the project stalled and there has been no further mention.

As far as Pizza Time, there is no known info of an actual prototype in cart form or rom image form that is known to exist.

The Joust prototype was released in rom format many years ago and was even made available in the early 2000's in cart form by C.G.E. as well as AtariAge. This particular Joust prototype, however, does not contain any sound effects or music. It is widely known that one person does have all the separate sound code for the game, but is not willing to share it with the community.

What is the motivation to hold on to the last piece of a puzzle?

Yeah, that too PixelBoy. I forgot to mention, Indifference, and by that I mean "not a real ColecoVision enthusiast". Too each, his own.

WispFollower, what you will start to realize is that for some reason the ColecoVision scene is not the open and sharing community that other systems have going for them. Thankfully there are a lot of really good people in the community that make it very worthwhile to be involved in... so don't sweat the little things.

• Like 1

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/800#more-800

devwebcl just posted this link in the 2600 forums, if you scroll down to around the CV logo, it gets Really interesting. At first I thought it was Lord of the Dungeon. But I think the proto is something different.

Anyway, it's a really interesting read just in case you don't get to the 2600 part of the forum much. :)

• Like 2

Anyone want to join me in an Indiana Jones-like quest to find a copy of Pizza Time? It will probably entail sneaking around in castles with tapestries, punching Nazis, and more than a few chase scenes. Don't forget to bring bullets in case some guy threatens us with a fantastic display of swordsmanship.

• Like 1

Anyone want to join me in an Indiana Jones-like quest to find a copy of Pizza Time? It will probably entail sneaking around in castles with tapestries, punching Nazis, and more than a few chase scenes. Don't forget to bring bullets in case some guy threatens us with a fantastic display of swordsmanship.

With our luck we'll just end up with a bunch of sandy E.T. carts for the 2600.

Might be a tall order to track anything down about Pizza Time. As far as I know, it was planned to be a Coleco release, but was originally planned to be developed by Mattel/Nice Ideas in France. Beyond that there has never been any further news or information as to whether development ever got started.

Edited by NIAD

Might be a tall order to track anything down about Pizza Time. As far as I know, it was planned to be a Coleco release, but was originally planned to be developed by Mattel/Nice Ideas in France. Beyond that there has never been any further news or information as to whether development ever got started.

It sounds like I better start training on how to swing across things using a bull whip. I can't wait to crash through my first castle window.

It sounds like I better start training on how to swing across things using a bull whip. I can't wait to crash through my first castle window.

Why not take the easy route and learn the C programming language, make your own version of Pizza Time for the CV and then magically announce in about one year that you tracked down a completed version of the game and will be releasing it as a CIB for the masses to enjoy. :grin: Maybe I should I sent you a PM concerning all of this. ;)

Why not take the easy route and learn the C programming language, make your own version of Pizza Time for the CV and then magically announce in about one year that you tracked down a completed version of the game and will be releasing it as a CIB for the masses to enjoy. :grin: Maybe I should I sent you a PM concerning all of this. ;)

Does Pizza Time actually exist, by the way? I mean as an arcade game, or on any home system? I've never seen any screenshot of this game.