IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 5th 2012

Pixelboy

Hey, I just realized I forgot to answer some questions! :D

For the manuals you're making for Dragon's Lair and Zaxxon Super Game, did you pull content from the original manuals or are they completely new content?

I took some content from the original manuals (for example, the introductionary story for Dragon's Lair is the exact same text as in the manual of the ADAM version) but for the most part the manuals follow the same structure as all other Team Pixelboy manuals.

Luc,

I'm in for all of them, .... But I guess you already knew that ;)

Noted. :)

Looks like we will have to meet up between xmast and new year

I will bring you some gold cartridge shells at same time

That sounds like a good idea.

Congrats to you for all those releases and thumbs up!

I can say the same for you and Tobie. Five games in December is no small feat!

I'm in for all of them but unfortunately there will be a little bit of a delay. I plan to try and get the 4 SGM games at the same time I get my SGM in Jan and then the other 4 games toward the end of Feb as soon as I get my tax return(I plan to file the second I can). I was really hoping to get these for Christmas but this year has been super tight with so many games(the most in colecovision history I think). I know you did away with the layaway program but I would love to see it come back as I liked it a lot as it made me feel better that I wasn't going to miss out even though you had plenty of stock way past the layaway date. It was just a really cool piece of mind that made me feel good. Also I remember on one of your post, I think your making less copies of the games this year (on 10/18/12 you said it would just be 75 total each) correct me if I'm wrong, so I am scared that they could be sold out by Feb as all these games look amazing. Also with 225 SGM's sold I would think everyone would be looking for games to play (as it does look cool but I got mine to play SGM games) again I would think they could have a chance of selling out very fast. I just think the layaway program would be really really great this year and I know make me and I hope other people feel better about not missing this amazing group of games.

The layaway plan may be good to you, but it's a hassle for me, and an unnecessary one at that. Besides, I'll be making more copies of Dragon's Lair, Zaxxon, etc. etc. as soon as I get more cart casings from Moldex.

I am curious about Dragon's Lair and Super Zaxxon. Have these games been tweaked to continue playing after you make it all the way through the game - building on your existing score? Or do they end like the ADAM versions do and you have to start a new game?

They both play and end like the ADAM games.

Also, wasn't it stated earlier that the Hall of Fame and Game Save features are not present in the Cartridge version? I suppose that would have been difficult changing the parts that read and write the high scores and hall of fame to disk and data pack.

I was never interested in doing something like that. All I wanted was to have both games running on carts. Someone who wants to save their scores/progress should just get the ADAM editions.

Luc, I already see how your "boxing day" will look like! :P:D

Yeah, it's going to involve... *gasp!*... BOXES! :D

Oh, and by the way, WOW! The results of the first Super Action Soccer Collector Mini-Cart auction went far beyond my expectations! And the auction for "2 of 5" is already off to a nice start:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2511959468191?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251195946819&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Congrats on the sale of the first Super Action Soccer. It's really not a big shock (even for a repro game) as far as the final price seeing how many crazy CV fans there are and what a tremendous job you did putting everything together.

Thanks Jim. :)

"2 of 5" has already passed the 200$ mark. This makes me glad I did these Collector Mini-Carts, not so much because of the money it's bringing in (that was never the real goal for me) but because by bidding so high, bidders are showing their appreciation for something that was lovingly and finely crafted by a group of CV fans. :D

And I already have a pretty good idea what I'm going to do with these auction revenues... Let's just say I'm going to re-invest the money into upcoming ColecoVision homebrew projects... ;)

• Like 3

Thanks Jim. :)

"2 of 5" has already passed the 200$ mark. This makes me glad I did these Collector Mini-Carts, not so much because of the money it's bringing in (that was never the real goal for me) but because by bidding so high, bidders are showing their appreciation for something that was lovingly and finely crafted by a group of CV fans. :D

And I already have a pretty good idea what I'm going to do with these auction revenues... Let's just say I'm going to re-invest the money into upcoming ColecoVision homebrew projects... ;)

Congrats on the very successful auction :grin: :thumbsup: Was it someone here on AA that ended up with it?

Are we allowed to commit already? If so, I'm in for all the games also.

It's an informal survey, just to help me determine how many shipping boxes I should purchase in advance, or more precisely, how many quantities of large, medium and small boxes I should buy. So it's not quite enough to say that you're "in for all the games", it's better to say you'll get them all on release day, if you think you'll have the funds available at the time in your Paypal account.

Hi I previously e-mailed you about my interest in thexder & dragons' lair for my SGM when it gets delivered.

my address is (gerry@eriscreations.com)

I would like to amend this to 1 each of the 8 cartrdiges. I'll pay as soon as you need me to. I am prepared to pay immediately when they become available.

- 1 copy of Wonder Boy

- 1 copy of Mopiranger

- 1 copy of Princess Quest

- 1 copy of Quest For the Golden Chalice

- 1 copy of Dragon's Lair

- 1 copy of Zaxxon Super Game

- 1 copy of King's Valley

- 1 copy of Thexder

I'll e-mail you as well with this same message.

Thanks

Edited by digress

Hi I previously e-mailed you about my interest in thexder & dragons' lair for my SGM when it gets delivered.

my address is (gerry@eriscreations.com)

I would like to amend this to 1 each of the 8 cartrdiges. I'll pay as soon as you need me to. I am prepared to pay immediately when they become available.

- 1 copy of Wonder Boy

- 1 copy of Mopiranger

- 1 copy of Princess Quest

- 1 copy of Quest For the Golden Chalice

- 1 copy of Dragon's Lair

- 1 copy of Zaxxon Super Game

- 1 copy of King's Valley

- 1 copy of Thexder

I'll e-mail you as well with this same message.

Thanks

Noted. Thanks. :)

I am new to these forums and I am collecting for the colecovision again after a 17 year absence. I was wondering if you have gameplay videos for these games? Also what is the cost for these games? Do you ship to canada and what is the cost for shipping? Thanks.

Let me make it easy for you: Just send me an e-mail at pixelboy at teampixelboy dot com, and I'll put you in my customer records. Then you'll be sure to get the e-mail I will be sending to all my customers on Christmas morning, and this e-mail will contain all the information you need, and then you'll be able to decide what you want to purchase.

As for videos, visit teampixelboy.com, and for each game listed, look for links to YouTube videos at the bottom of the page. For already-released games, those links are located just above the packaging beauty shot photos.

EDIT: As you can see on the left, I live in Canada too. ;)

For me, please:

Golden Chalice

King's Valley

(you already have my Gulkave payment :) )

Thanks!

Please put me down for Wonderboy and Dragonslair :) Thanks..

All noted.

Eduardo just announced that the SGM's release has been delayed until January 2013. I should point out that this changes nothing where my upcoming Team Pixelboy games are concerned: All 8 games will be released on Christmas, as initially planned.

So keep in mind that Dragon's Lair, Zaxxon Super Game, King's Valley and Thexder will make sexy paperweights until the SGM is released. If you have an ADAM computer, then you'll be able to play Dragon's Lair and Zaxxon Super Game without the SGM plugged into the ADAM memory console. (King's Valley and Thexder require the SGM on both the regular CV console and the ADAM).

• Like 1