IGNORED

Tapatalk support updated

Albert

I've just updated the Tapatalk module for the forum, and it appears to have quite a few improvements since the last time I updated it (earlier this year).

Tapatalk is a mobile app for interacting with forums. Since it only transmits data and not whole web pages, it is a very fast means of browsing / posting, even on relatively slow networks. I'm actually using it now. There are versions for the iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and other mobile operating systems.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354943884.338723.jpg

There's even attachment support, which is quite nice since you can't upload photos normally when using Safari in iOS. I just uploaded the above image from my phone's photo library as a test.

I definitely suggest checking Tapatalk out if you browse the forum from a mobile device on a regular basis!

http://www.tapatalk.com

..Al

It's very nice, and everything seems to work properly, unlike older versions of the app. Can't vouch for the Android app, but the iOS app looks pretty slick. I couldn't previously upload images hosted by the forum, instead they could only be hosted on Tapatalk's servers, so that's a big improvement. Plus the search actually works now--in older versions they didn't support the Sphinx search engine that most large Invision forums use. One thing I can't seem to do in the app is update my Status, but that's not a big deal.

..Al

• Like 1

Does the new app go to the last read PM? That's one beef I've got with the mobile skin -- when I go to my inbox when I have a PM, entering the thread goes back to the first PM, so on the longer PM threads I have to page forward 20-30 times. If I recall Tapatalk did this natively in the earlier version, I just had some other issues with it I couldn't quite recall.

• 10 months later...

It's a good app on iOS although I only have experience with the freebie version. Quoting isn't the easiest thing to do but I've noticed multiple quoting has become more difficult on the site itself in the past few months.

Multiple quoting works fine for me, what happens when you try to use it?

..Al

• 2 months later...

Al, I had to reinstall Tapatalk on my Android phone and it seems that the latest version of the app no longer displays AtariAge in the search results. It still visible on my tablet as I had previously added it there prior to the update. I'm not sure if this is something you have control over or if this is something on their end. I want to make you aware of it all the same.

Al, I had to reinstall Tapatalk on my Android phone and it seems that the latest version of the app no longer displays AtariAge in the search results. It still visible on my tablet as I had previously added it there prior to the update. I'm not sure if this is something you have control over or if this is something on their end. I want to make you aware of it all the same.

I just updated the Tapatalk plugin on AtariAge and then verified that the iOS app still works properly with the site (it does). I then used the app to search for "Atari" and AtariAge is the first forum that comes up. Can you check to see if the Android app is showing AtariAge? What specifically are you searching for?

Thanks,

..Al

I just checked the Android version and it's now appearing and appearing at the top of the list. Previously when I had searched for it, only 'Atari Forum' had appeared in the results list. I had searched on both 'Atari' and 'AtariAge'. Both search parameters now display AtariAge in the results list.

Thanks for looking into this!

• 5 months later...

Has something changed with Tapatalk? I can't seem to get any forum updates in the app since yesterday evening.

I have temporarily disabled Tapatalk, as there's a bug in the software right now that will state you received an error when posting a new topic, even though the topic was successfully posted. People then repeatedly try to post the topic over and over again, getting the same error, thinking it is not working. I've been trying to get Tapatalk to fix this for months now, and I know they have investigated the problem here, but still no fix. And now they don't even respond to my emails on the subject. Plus, Tapatalk displays annoying banners when browsing the forum on a mobile device, which I very much don't appreciate.

..Al

Ahh that's a pity. Hope things are able to get worked out. I use Tapatalk all the time on my phone to check AA. Guess it'll be back to the mobile skin for me.

What banners? Something on the free version of the app?

Ahh that's a pity. Hope things are able to get worked out. I use Tapatalk all the time on my phone to check AA. Guess it'll be back to the mobile skin for me.

What banners? Something on the free version of the app?

The banners would appear when you visited the mobile version of the site, using a regular browser such as Safari on the iPhone/iPad. I found they would often appear on every page, even after you dismissed them. Also, the first time you visit the site you'd see a full-page ad for Tapatalk.

I do like the Tapatalk app better than using the mobile skin. I need to update the forum to the latest version of the software (we're a point release behind) and see if that fixes the issue.

..Al

I have temporarily disabled Tapatalk, as there's a bug in the software right now that will state you received an error when posting a new topic, even though the topic was successfully posted. People then repeatedly try to post the topic over and over again, getting the same error, thinking it is not working. I've been trying to get Tapatalk to fix this for months now, and I know they have investigated the problem here, but still no fix. And now they don't even respond to my emails on the subject. Plus, Tapatalk displays annoying banners when browsing the forum on a mobile device, which I very much don't appreciate.

..Al

I just posted a topic somewhere else, and now just found this update. I hope it gets resolved soon. Sorry about the multiple posts, I know I did that more than once myself. :(

-dZ.

• 6 months later...

Hi! Haven't been able to use tapatalk on this forum since half december. I thought it was my phone. But today I bought a new mobile phone, and installed tapatalk and it is still not working.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a known problem?

Thanks

M.

Hi! Haven't been able to use tapatalk on this forum since half december. I thought it was my phone. But today I bought a new mobile phone, and installed tapatalk and it is still not working.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a known problem?

Thanks

M.

I have disabled Tapatalk on AtariAge because their forum plugin was causing numerous problems, as detailed here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/232941-tapatalk-not-working/

Also, their latest mobile client (released last month) is simply atrocious in my opinion.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I used to really like Tapatalk (and used it myself), but they have quickly gone downhill. If they can fix their issues with the forum plugin, I will reinstall it, but right now I am not holding my breath.

..Al