IGNORED

Introducing Adventure to my son

Gregory DG

Been wanting to start a series of videos, so I had this idea of introducing my favorite games to my son...

Here's the first one. Be as critical as you like, I know it's not perfect! ;) I just have fun making these and it takes my mind off of the stress at work! Wife thinks I'm nuts, but that's okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPxKpHCzDUE

• Like 2

Been wanting to start a series of videos, so I had this idea of introducing my favorite games to my son...

Here's the first one. Be as critical as you like, I know it's not perfect! ;) I just have fun making these and it takes my mind off of the stress at work! Wife thinks I'm nuts, but that's okay.

That's one thing the 2600 was built for, taking people's minds off of the things that stress them. After 35 years, it's still doing its job!

• Like 1

Cute video. I like the concept of introducing these old games to a younger generation. Would be interested to hear more from your son as to what he actually thinks of the games you are playing. Graphic wise, game play wise etc... Anyways, really cool vid I liked it! Hope you're more relaxed now as well.

• Like 1

My oldest son is autistic. He is three and isn't much bothered with games. He doesn't even really like to watch them. However, the other day I hooked up the 2600 in front of him and he got curious. I said "well, here's my chance. What game is the most kid friendly here?" I got Froggger (Parker Bros.) out and plugged it in. The smile on his face when it started up with the little tune would melt your heart. He even gave it a go (although he couldn't really understand it). He also understood the cartridge thing right away. He started to hand me other ones to plug in so he could see them. Only one he tried after that was Frogger when I put it back in again. I think he has a favourite. :)

• Like 3

Great video. I'm sure your son was like, "Okay, Dad. Sigh." lol :grin:

Actually he likes to play Atari. I've got my Flashback 2 hooked up to his TV in his room. His favorite game is actually Outlaw!

My oldest son is autistic. He is three and isn't much bothered with games. He doesn't even really like to watch them. However, the other day I hooked up the 2600 in front of him and he got curious. I said "well, here's my chance. What game is the most kid friendly here?" I got Froggger (Parker Bros.) out and plugged it in. The smile on his face when it started up with the little tune would melt your heart. He even gave it a go (although he couldn't really understand it). He also understood the cartridge thing right away. He started to hand me other ones to plug in so he could see them. Only one he tried after that was Frogger when I put it back in again. I think he has a favourite. :)

Great story! I think classic Atari games could go a long way towards helping autistic kids.