IGNORED

How many grey box Atari games are there?

marillion

Atari Grey box variants

Backgammon

BASIC Programming

Basketball

Blackjack

Bowling

Brain Games

Canyon Bomber

Codebreaker

Demons to Diamonds

Flag Capture

Fun with Numbers

A Game of Concentration

Golf

Home Run

Maze Craze

Night Driver

Outlaw

Pac-Man

RealSports Volleyball

Surround

Swordquest - Earthworld

Well maybe not the grey type you are looking at; it is more the silver box with color; still kind of looks grey and it is one bitch to find:)

The Hangman variant is indeed more silver than grey. I own it and several of the grey releases and they are definitely two different colors.

Yes, sir, that was the one :D I tried to snipe that sucker as well, but alas no shiping to Canada and bid was not allowed. Seller never got back to me when I requested to bid. Nice aquisition! Now it's me and you atari 181:)lol...and whomever else! Cheers, FB

Edited by Frostbite Bailey

I of course had a higher bid than what the winning one turned out to be - in these mixed lots some things slip through or go for a lot less than they would have being listed individually. I did miss a grey box Surround that the same seller had in another lot, but I think I'll be able to pick that one up down the road.

• 6 years later...

Necrobump...

I have a grey box Bowling that I purchased sealed at either CGE99 or CGE2K.  I took it out last night and found a text label Bowling inside... I was expecting a picture label since this release has 1986 on the box. It was unsealed a number of years ago.

One thing about the box though - the glue on the bottom flaps has given up and were open - I only noticed when I was putting it away.  The cart is pristine though, as though it belonged with the pristine box... very strange.  My first reaction when I saw the cart was to go and check the rest of the shelves to see if I had a picture label Bowling - I do not. 

The most likely solution is that the cart was removed and replaced - I certainly don't remember doing it and can't think of any reason why I would...

But, it begs the question - has anyone else found a grey box release with a text label cart in it?

Ok - I think I figured out what happened - just need confirmation from someone with a 1986 Bowling cart...

I am going to assume that the 1986 release would not have a dust cover.  Going through my collection, I remembered that I had a Bowling entry from the A#2 FLC - Bowl-O-Rama.  It looks like I must have sacrificed the grey box Bowling cart for that and just forgotten about it at some point...

12 hours ago, Lost Monkey said:

Ok - I think I figured out what happened - just need confirmation from someone with a 1986 Bowling cart...

I am going to assume that the 1986 release would not have a dust cover.  Going through my collection, I remembered that I had a Bowling entry from the A#2 FLC - Bowl-O-Rama.  It looks like I must have sacrificed the grey box Bowling cart for that and just forgotten about it at some point...

While most of my 1986-era cartridges don't have dust covers, I have at least one that does (and I don't recall it having any signs of shenanigans).  Atari sure didn't like to keep things consistent at all, and especially in those days. I haven't seen any 1986 text lablels though - well, other than the bizarre Star Ship from that era.

• 2 weeks later...