IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club 1.14 ~ Dark Cavern

Vocelli

The full instructions are on the atariguide website (see link below). They confirm that you get an extra life when you shoot a yellow robot. But when things get fast & furious, the robot remains yellow only for a quick moment, so you pretty much have to get them as they spawn (not easy!)

http://www.atariguide.com/menu/2600alphaframe.htm

TY! Yes born and raised in Cleveland Ohio on the great north coast. Looking forward to the competition.

I'm going to give a point to Northcoastgamer.

This is because of the whole discussion of Cleveland, which brought back some great childhood memories. My aunt lived in a suburb of Cleveland (still does), and I would usually end up travelling from Pennsylvania to spend a week there each summer. We would go to Geauga Lake amusement park and Sea World. Sometimes we went to the bigger amusement park at Cedar Point. My first roller coaster ride was at Geauga Lake. When I was ten years old, I was randomly picked out of the audience to be part of the dolphin show at Sea World.

My aunt owned the first video game I ever played (it's the one I talked about in my 2600connection interview.) Her house was the first place that I ever ate chip dip. My two cousins there were basically the same age as me and there was lots of fun and laughing and acting appropriately crazy.

So, thanks for the memories, Northcoastgamer. Welcome to the HSC. And this point is for you.

• Like 1

And for my bonus point, I give a point to Vocelli, in spite of the fact that doing so puts him one point away from me in the standings. :)

And a big thank you, Deteacher.

Lucky for you, I busted my left thumb yesterday and it hurts so much. As of now, I am unable to press that red button without pain.

If it doesnt get better before the weekend, my current score is it for me. Oh no!

@Scrabbler -- My primary memory of Sea World is one of looking out longingly across the lake at all the people having real fun at Geauge Lake Amusement Park. :P But Cedar Point was the best in the area. I remember playing Gorf with my cousin in the arcade there. Even as a youngster, I preferred video games over the thrill-seeking of amusement park rides.

What part of PA do you live in? My parents, and many of my relatives, are/were from small towns in Cambria county, not too far from Altoona. I have many fond memories of my yearly visits there.

• Like 1

@Scrabbler -- My primary memory of Sea World is one of looking out longingly across the lake at all the people having real fun at Geauge Lake Amusement Park. :P But Cedar Point was the best in the area. I remember playing Gorf with my cousin in the arcade there. Even as a youngster, I preferred video games over the thrill-seeking of amusement park rides.

What part of PA do you live in? My parents, and many of my relatives, are/were from small towns in Cambria county, not too far from Altoona. I have many fond memories of my yearly visits there.

I lived in the Laurel Mountains south of Pittsburgh for the first eight years of my life. then small towns around Huntingdon. I spent those four years watching a snowy WTAJ Channel 10 in Altoona, because it was the only channel we got. Then we moved to Clarion county. Yes, I did spend a lot of my life on I-80 and the Turnpike. I've been settled in Harrisburg, now, for quite a number of years.

I know what you mean about the two parks being together. The water is always bluer on the other side of the lake. :grin:

A little better - 85,000

I actually struggled for a while after learning how the scoring worked. It seems like if you start out the game running the table (killing the bots through the color order consistently) that the difficulty ramps up quicker than the score does. I got the "two-headed robots" around 40K one time (very hard to tell by looking at them).

Now what is this about having up to nine lives? I thought it maxed out at five?

BTW - +1 for Jacob for all the work he has done with the HSC's over time.

post-26465-0-15727200-1356026195_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A little better - 85,000

I actually struggled for a while after learning how the scoring worked. It seems like if you start out the game running the table (killing the bots through the color order consistently) that the difficulty ramps up quicker than the score does. I got the "two-headed robots" around 40K one time (very hard to tell by looking at them).

Now what is this about having up to nine lives? I thought it maxed out at five?

BTW - +1 for Jacob for all the work he has done with the HSC's over time.

post-26465-0-15727200-1356026195_thumb.jpg

This will explain everything

http://www.digitpress.com/library/manuals/atari2600/dark_cavern.pdf

• Like 1

Great game!

Who have played Niht Stalker? Do you know this is based on Intellivision Night Stalker?

1) 74,000 (12/20)

*raises hand*

This game really does need an option for the white, black, and invisible robots to attack. I also wish it were possible to duck back into the bunker. Similarly, Night Stalker could use the bullet stealing enemies.