IGNORED

Remembering our best Christmas ever: 1993, the year of the Jaguar

Kirkman

I always wanted a Jaguar when it first came out. I even sold some of my NES games to save up for it, but over time the sega saturn came out and ended up buying that instead.

Once I started actually collecting video games I decided to buy one on eBay sometime in 2006, and it was my first and only eBay purchase without a picture of the actual item. I thought I screwed myself over, until it came in the mail in a slightly beat up box with tempest 2k in a slightly beat up box as well. The system looks brand new and still works perfectly.

I also bought alot of my games from sweetstuff4u on ebay...don't think that store exist anymore.

I want to buy more games, I think right now I only have like 12 games for it. It just sucks how expensive they are CIB. Last game I bought was Doom CIB for $40

I should be getting my Jaguar CD sometime this week, still waiting for my parents to call and tell me a package has come in :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm enjoying these nostalgic tales of Jaguar acquisition!

It wasn't until 2000 - 2001 that I purchased a Jaguar through some retailer/wholesaler called Dentec, I can't remember what business they were actually in but the company was sitting on some stockpile of consoles, games and accessories. They were listed among other online vendors on some Jaguar fan site, the name of which escapes me, and it was something like $99 for a new Jaguar (sans Cybermorph) and 20 or 30 bucks for the sealed copy of Tempest 2000 I ordered alongside it.

This was a pretty exciting experience for a 14 - 15 year old kid who'd never bought anything online before, and it was my first time worrying about money orders, shipping costs and delivery times. A local (now defunct) used game store had a handful of Jag games in stock, so I'd picked out Soldier and Doom in anticipation for the Jag's arrival. No one else in my group of friends really gave a shit about anything beyond the current gen, but I was completely thrilled to finally get my hands on a Jag, even if the hopes I'd been building up for years meant an impossible amount of internal hype that the console's library could never really deliver on.

Edited by Drixxel