IGNORED

Indus GT Power Supply

slx

I have bought an Indus GT on EBay and think about saving on shipping by leaving the power supply in the US as I can't use it in Europe anyway. Any ideas if the Indus will run on a stabilized 12V supply with 2 amps or is it necessary to absolutely keep the specified 11.5 V? (I don't expect 230V AC to 11.5VDC power supplies to be available anywhere.

Thanks for your help!

Mine feels right about the same weight as my 65xe ps; probably a smidgen heavier (sorry, no scales). Anecdotally, I've heard people using 5200 ps all the time for the GT (though I never have).

According to 8-Bit FAQ :

"Indus GT

11.5 V DC 1.95 A (22.4 VA) Max:33W DataByte#DV-9319A

Center positive

This is identical to the Atari power supply for earlier 2-port 5200s:

Atari#CO18187(unit, early version)/CA019141(box)

What happens if power supplies for the Atari 1050 and Indus GT are mixed?

Paul Alhart writes (20 Jan 2004):

"The Indus requires DC, the 1050 uses AC. Plug an Indus

supply into a 1050 and it will usually blow the rectifier diodes in the

1050. Plug an Atari supply into an Indus and it will blow the fuse in

the supply. It can damage the mother board as well." "

Edited by suspicious_milk
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...

I found a couple of Peavey Power Supplies on eBay.

This is exactly what was printed on the bottom:

PEAVEY

POWER SUPPLY

FOR USE WITH AUDIO

EQUIPMENT REPLACE

WITH PART NO. 70900601

MODEL NO. DV-9319A

INPUT: 120VAC 60Hz 33W

OUTPUT: 11.5VDC 1.95A

CAUTION: INDOOR USE ONLY

UL LISTED 883K E59477 (POSITIVE CENTER POLE [CPC-2]) SA LR99152

MADE IN CHINA

I paid $20 for one and $26 for the other.

Edited by nethermind
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

I got a couple European 12V DC 2-amp PSUs but the plugs dont fit.

Does anyone happen to know the correct dimensions for the barrel plug? The receptacle is too far recessed to allow measuring with calipers.

Does

I believe it's the same 5.5mm outside x 2.5mm inside barrell connector like the 1050 plug, on account of problems encountered with people mistakenly mixing up the AC/DC power supplies...

I got some 2.5x5.5 connectors and they feel quite "loose". I will solder one on and try it out.

• 2 years later...
On 5/10/2019 at 1:27 PM, slx said:

I got some 2.5x5.5 connectors and they feel quite "loose". I will solder one on and try it out.

Is it maybe 2.1x5.5, then?

Indus GT is in shipping from US so I need to buy European power supply (don't want voltage transformer). 

The closest looking Indus GT clone is the LDW Super 2000 but it uses a roctec mechanism instead of tandon.

The LDW power supply is AC with a rectifier circuit inside the drive whereas the Indus is DC input with standard 78xx regulators inside the drive.

Its possible the California Access CA2000 drive is more closely cloned than the LDW but ive never seen one in the flesh. However it's case colour was modded to suit the XE range and they omitted the tinted flip-front.

14 hours ago, Jacques said:

Indeed, Indus' power supply is different than the one of CA/LDW, therefore my question for  plug dimensions at drive's end no to have it "loose", what @slx mentioned.

Sorry, I never soldered that connector on, but as for European PSUs, a lot of external hard drives, 3.5" hard drive enclosures and small NAS have 12V/2A DC power supplies that should work with the Indus voltage/amp-wise. WD drives usually have a barrel connector which might fit (although I have not checked the polarity). 

• Thanks 1

Hi @xrbrevin

thank you. Yes, it's in decent (could risk word 'excellent') visual condition, I only had opportunity to power it on standalone and so far, so good. I have spare drive belt ready in case it needs replacement, though.

Didn't have time to take more pictures (especially drive itself ;) ), sorry for that. I'm really eager to test SDX with SuperSyncromesh using INDUSGT.SYS driver ?

And yes, I've e-mailed @tf_hh regarding SRAM-charger already, patiently waiting for reply ?

Edited by Jacques