IGNORED

BurgerTime x 2

intvdave

I wonder if there would be any interest in making a version of Burgertime for the Intellivision with arcade perfect boards? I know i could easily just play the Colecovision or Beef Drop version for that. But it would be cool none the less.

I find the Intellivision stages better than the original arcade.

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 1

I find the Intellivision stages better than the original arcade.

I agree and disagree. While i really love the stage layouts in the Intellivision version, a couple i feel might be better on the Arcade. The main one being the dread Level 7 which would be level 6 in the Arcade. The arcade version of that level gives you more ladders to escape. The Intellivision version of that level is a complete deathtrap. I personally would like to complete a level on skill rather than how many peppers i saved up. I will also admit level 6 in the arcade in also extremely difficult, but just not as difficult as the dreaded Intellivision level 7.

I agree and disagree. While i really love the stage layouts in the Intellivision version, a couple i feel might be better on the Arcade. The main one being the dread Level 7 which would be level 6 in the Arcade. The arcade version of that level gives you more ladders to escape. The Intellivision version of that level is a complete deathtrap. I personally would like to complete a level on skill rather than how many peppers i saved up. I will also admit level 6 in the arcade in also extremely difficult, but just not as difficult as the dreaded Intellivision level 7.

I believe 2 or 3 extra ladders to escape. May not be much but it could be what saves your neck. lol

Edited by IntellivisionDude

This is the type of feedback I need! Thanks.

We have the technology to fix it :) I added 3 ladders. How does this look for an updated level 7? I want you to love the Intellivision version more than the arcade. This is one port that I believe is better than the arcade.

post-6868-0-00709400-1355931341_thumb.gif

This is the type of feedback I need! Thanks.

We have the technology to fix it :) I added 3 ladders. How does this look for an updated level 7? I want you to love the Intellivision version more than the arcade. This is one port that I believe is better than the arcade.

post-6868-0-00709400-1355931341_thumb.gif

Very nice. Not exactly where they are in the arcade. But forget what i said earlier. Now i am saying screw the arcade, this is so much better and cooler. This layout is awesome looking. :thumbsup: :-D

Awesome! How in the world did you add it so fast?

I will get in some more burgertime gameplay over this coming weekend, and will hopefully be able to contribute some meaningful.

will there be any invincible cheat code. Oh wait, maybe a bad idea. Lol

Any chance of little cut sequence between levels similar to Carol? I know that may a little much to ask as it may take forever to program.

Any plans for alternate characters to play with either? Maybe with different abilities. Or would that take away from it.

Thoughts guys?

For anybody interested here is a downloadble Burgertime hack but you can only use the arrow keys on your keyboard to control so i have only played it a couple times because of it. But it has 8 newly designed levels as extras

http://webpages.char...burgertimes.htm

But i have a friendly challenge for you Burgertime freaks out there who are willing to download and try out this version. There is a certain level in the extras menu and i'll post a pick of it below. Your challenge is to beat this level with no peppers. It can be done. It took me about a dozen tries to figure out the pattern and to preform it properly just using the arrow keys which is a feat in itself. lol

I wish there was a program that would let me use my controller instead of my keyboard. Like hot swapping.

post-25251-0-72423900-1355934968_thumb.jpg

Well i was wrong saying there was 8 extra levels, the 7 or 8 extra levels appear to be some sort of no pepper challenge maybe. The game itself has 50 levels and the first 6 are the same as the Intellivision. I just tried a run on normal and made it to level 11. Board designs were getting freaky and i had trouble. lol

If there was only one minor gripe on the Intellivision version it would be that the enemies don't stay grouped together after you drop them on a bun. And it's harder to group them together as well. But i guess that's what makes the Intellivision version unique. I have seen some videos on Youtube on grouping the enemies and they can get scores in the Millions. But then again i guess you could say those versions are easier and wimpy because of those tricks. lol

Please forgive me for hijacking your thread, but for all Burgertime fans who are interested, i have this ongoing and offgoing Burgertime thread in the General section. Just added a few posts to it today.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/193828-lets-talk-burgertime-burgertime-appreciation/

Please forgive me for hijacking your thread, but for all Burgertime fans who are interested, i have this ongoing and offgoing Burgertime thread in the General section. Just added a few posts to it today.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/193828-lets-talk-burgertime-burgertime-appreciation/

Dude! Stop posting spam in the burger thread. You are rednecking it up bro.

• Like 1

Dave,

Fantastic to have you back ... welcome!

My only recommendation, and not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but what about a bonus/challenge level that's only for points (or an extra pepper or life?) but doesn't have to be completed or count against your lives totals ... The challenge could be to drop all enemies at the same time or to complete one sandwich before getting caught ... could be fun to have an intricate ladder design and only one sandwich (or bun).

And again, great to see you back.

• Like 1

For something related/not related, i was playing Burgertimes again to check something. When i played it yesterday it seemed like it was twice as hard to get a free life and after checking back today i see i was right. In the Intellivision version you get a free life every 10,000 points and in Burgertimes it's every 20,000 points. Which i don't think makes sense. "Let's make a version of Burgertime with 50 levels instead of 7 but will make it twice as hard so nobody will every be able to see them"

Brilliant.

Just did a little testing on Burgertime on an emulator and i can't figure out the pepper pattern what so ever. It's all over the place. It's definitely not by points (or at least not points alone). One time it popped up after 1,000 points, another time after 2,000, and once even at 550 points. I thought it could be the amount of ingredients you walk over but once again it wasn't consistent. A couple times it showed up after i walked over 5 ingredients and i thought i was on to something. But then the next timeit didn't show up until i walked over 7. If there is a pattern it's beyond my crappy math skills to figure out. lol

The pepper (ice cream, ketchup, mug, fries) shows up when the 4th ingredient is pushed down to the bottom.

There 7 screens to a level. The game calls each screen a level though. Since there were only 7, this is not a big deal. With me expanding them though and making the screen selection random, it does not make sense to keep calling each screen a level.

The random screen selection will help the player have a chance of seeing all the screens. At the same time, it will require you to play it a lot. Is not that the purpose :)

Edited by intvdave
  • Like 1