IGNORED

FS: Castlevania (NES) - $12

Samuel

Probably going to be a tough sell to move a single loose NES cart for $15 shipped on this board. Most collectors here will already have it, and those who don't will also prefer to find one boxed. Might get close to that on eBay, or you may get as little as $5--just depends on who's looking for it and finds it.

• Like 4

Probably going to be a tough sell to move a single loose NES cart for $15 shipped on this board. Most collectors here will already have it, and those who don't will also prefer to find one boxed. Might get close to that on eBay, or you may get as little as $5--just depends on who's looking for it and finds it.

agreed

Why the thread-crapping?

It happens all too often around here. In my opinion, it's unprofessional and impolite.

We should all take the example of, for instance, NintendoAge.com's Marketplace - - a zero-tolerance on "spoiling" and thread-crapping. Very professional, and as a result, incredibly high-traffic there.

He can ask whatever he wants for his cartridge. Either it will sell, or it won't, and he'll adjust his price accordingly or move on.

Don't agree with a price, or don't want to buy something from someone? Click the "back" button on your browser and move on to the next thread! No need to comment on his sale.

Just my two cents, not calling you two out in particular, I think you're both excellent long-time contributing members of AtariAge, but I thought I would take the opportunity to point out that *as a community*, we have become somewhat impolite!

NO need to reply - - let's not dump in his for sale thread any more! PM me if you would like to have a friendly discussion !

Happy Holidays AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALE Samuel !

:D

-a2a

Sorry--really wasn't trying to be antagonistic at all. I honestly thought I was being helpful and informative. By all means, I wish him the best in his efforts to sell his games (and indeed would encourage him to sell as much as possible here on AA!). But I also would hate for his thread to spin off the front page having never gotten a hit and leave him thinking that there just wasn't any demand.

I agree we need to be civil and avoid stooping to the level of acerbic or condescending comments (both of which are far more the exception than the rule here on AA, IMO). But I don't think that really came into play above, or at the very least it wasn't my intention to be so.

Why the thread-crapping?

It happens all too often around here. In my opinion, it's unprofessional and impolite.

We should all take the example of, for instance, NintendoAge.com's Marketplace - - a zero-tolerance on "spoiling" and thread-crapping. Very professional, and as a result, incredibly high-traffic there.

He can ask whatever he wants for his cartridge. Either it will sell, or it won't, and he'll adjust his price accordingly or move on.

Don't agree with a price, or don't want to buy something from someone? Click the "back" button on your browser and move on to the next thread! No need to comment on his sale.

Just my two cents, not calling you two out in particular, I think you're both excellent long-time contributing members of AtariAge, but I thought I would take the opportunity to point out that *as a community*, we have become somewhat impolite!

NO need to reply - - let's not dump in his for sale thread any more! PM me if you would like to have a friendly discussion !

-a2a

An item is only worth what people are willing to pay. If someone wants to suggest a lower price because its closer to its actual value, whats the harm in that?

Ignoring someone instead of helping them is silly.

and thats what i thought i was trying to do as well was help, not threadcrap by agreeing w/ gzsfrk...

Mostly all gaming sites I belong to, people like to grab nes games for a few bucks and the ones worth any profit should try to be gained on ebay or amazon, especially this title as,although a great title, a common one...

Just some constructive criticism, but it dosent mean the seller needs to adjust his price, just wanted him to know :)

Thread crapping or not, this post deserved some serious bitch slapping. $12? Wut?

A quick search on eBay's completed listings shows that it sells pretty consistently for $15 to $20. Perhaps a bit high for a direct sale here, but I'd hardly say that a price of $12 requires a bitch slap.

Why the thread-crapping?

-a2a

A: We're not professionals. Not when we're here, at least. Therefore there is nothing "unprofessional" about what fibro and what's-his-face did, up there.

B: This is not NintendoAge.

C: Calling out 2 members and doing some junior-modding, then telling them not to reply so as not to derail the thread is some pretty weak sauce. You could have just as easily taken your own advice and hit the "back" button.

D: There's nothing impolite about it when the seller in question is only here to buy and sell (mostly sell) and is not part of the community, as a quick glance at his user profile will tell you. Were it not for the fact that he is trying to sell stuff online, rest assured that he would never signed up for an account here. If he wants eBay price for his copy of Castlevania with its dicked-up label, he knows where to go.

I've had just about enough of people joining the various forums that I frequent just so that they can sell their stuff at high retail. Quite frankly, the reaction to people doing so here (as seen above) is EXTREMELY mild compared to the other sites that I regularly visit.

Chris

Edited by Jibbajaba
  • Like 5

A quick search on eBay's completed listings shows that it sells pretty consistently for $15 to $20. Perhaps a bit high for a direct sale here, but I'd hardly say that a price of $12 requires a bitch slap.

Except this one looks like someone pissed on it, so cut that 15 in half, if you're lucky.

Best. Thread. Ever.

Can't stop reading!

post-27961-0-67232000-1356796967_thumb.gif

Keep 'em coming . . . turning out to be more interesting and informative about various members than I ever thought!

Oh, and, uh, BUMP FOR A GREAT SELLER ! ;) (Samuel is thrilled about the traffic his beat-up market-value NES cart is getting, I'm sure)

-a2a

• Like 1

A: We're not professionals. Not when we're here, at least. Therefore there is nothing "unprofessional" about what fibro and what's-his-face did, up there.

B: This is not NintendoAge.

C: Calling out 2 members and doing some junior-modding, then telling them not to reply so as not to derail the thread is some pretty weak sauce. You could have just as easily taken your own advice and hit the "back" button.

D: There's nothing impolite about it when the seller in question is only here to buy and sell (mostly sell) and is not part of the community, as a quick glance at his user profile will tell you. Were it not for the fact that he is trying to sell stuff online, rest assured that he would never signed up for an account here. If he wants eBay price for his copy of Castlevania with its dicked-up label, he knows where to go.

I've had just about enough of people joining the various forums that I frequent just so that they can sell their stuff at high retail. Quite frankly, the reaction to people doing so here (as seen above) is EXTREMELY mild compared to the other sites that I regularly visit.

Chris

:thumbsup:

I felt that simply clicking "like" was not enough. Bravo sir!

I guess I'll throw my 12, err, 2 cents in the ring.

1. Twelve bucks isn't ecsorbanent. It's probably too steep for us, but we usually hook each other up. Anyway $12 is not offensively high by any stretch of the imagination.

2. If he is here to sell, so what? The marketplace could use some new sellers and AA could use some new blood.

• Like 1

Hey A2A, your profile says you're 37. Quit acting like a 14-year-old troll. This isn't gameFAQs.

Chris

Well, if we're profiling, I'm also a Libra, enjoy IPA beers, and hiking ... I don't suppose "Chris" is short for "Christine" and you're a tall, athletic blonde, by chance, are you?

;)

Just kidding, all in good spirit, no trolling here!

Simply enjoying the time-honored, classic AtariAge thread commenting process ... I think we've almost gotten far enough off course and it's time for some Shatner pictures, or maybe some corn ... :D

EDIT:

Just to get us started . . .

post-27961-0-25536300-1356866941_thumb.png

"To boldly go where no Castlevania-for-$12-sale-thread has gone before . . . to explore new comments . . . "

Edited by atari2atari