IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

The Retro-Gaming Connexion (RGC) association is proud to announce the upcoming release of the game Another World on cartridge for the Atari Jaguar console. The iconic game, released in the early 90s, has been adapted by Sebastien Briais of the group Removers of Jagware with the blessing of the original developer, Eric Chahi.

The RGC is producing the game in the truest spirit of the original Jaguar releases, in cartridge form with a box and manual. In order to fund the project through the various stages of manufacture the game is being offered by pre-order. Release of the game is currently slated for Spring 2013. Each person who reserves a copy will receive a numbered confirmation slip by e-mail. The price for Another World is 62 Euros by PayPal, and you can pre-order a copy here.

Here's a video of gameplay on the Jaguar:

• Like 7

Not to be a negative Nancy, but what happens if "Spring 2013" rolls around and the game never gets released? PayPal only gives you 45 days to dispute a payment, after that you're out of luck.

Is the game ONLY available to those who preorder or will you be able to buy it after release?

Hi guys,

first of all, I would like to thank the RGC for their support regarding this project.

I will give my personal feelings about some of the possible frequently asked questions, but please wait the official answer from RGC before deciding whether or not you are willing to pre-order the game, if you have any doubts.

- How to order?

From what I have understood, RGC expects people to send them an e-mail before ordering.

- Cost of shipping?

I don't know if the price includes this.

- Expected schedule of release?

Spring 2013. My feeling is that it will rather be first semester of 2013, ie before 30th june of 2013

- What if the game is never released?

see below

- Is the game ONLY available to those who preorder or will you be able to buy it after release?

The answer is the following: the success of the pre-order will make the game be released.

So if you want to have a chance to get Another World on Atari Jaguar, please pre-order the game as soon as possible.

If we realize that not enough pre-orders have been taken at the 15th of february 2013, the project will be cancelled and a full refund policy will be applied.

Is the game ONLY available to those who preorder or will you be able to buy it after release?

The answer is the following: the success of the pre-order will make the game be released.

So if you want to have a chance to get Another World on Atari Jaguar, please pre-order the game as soon as possible.

If we realize that not enough pre-orders have been taken at the 15th of february 2013, the project will be cancelled and a full refund policy will be applied.

So IF the pre-orders are plenty enough, will the game then be produced in numbers so that people can still buy them later?

Also... how many pre-orders do you need for the release to happen?

I can't say that I'm thrilled with the "pay us now and we'll release the game if enough people do" model. If that is truly the case, why not use Kickstarter and make the goal public? But I'll do whatever I can to support the Jaguar, so my pre-order is in.

Edited by Sargon
  • Like 1

The game looks fantastic, but why is there no sound in the video? I hear all kinds of distracting video games sounds in the background, but they are clearly not from the game itself.

I know the original game doesn't have too much in the way of audio. Would be nice if a new video was taken in a more controlled environment, since the original video is now two years old. :)

..Al

Seems they've been asked a lot of questions, there's now a FAQ online:

Why a pre-order? We collect the necessary funds to be able to publish the complete game. Several stages of manufacturing are necessary: PCB, case blows up, labels of the cartridge, textbook, cardboard box and flashage of the cartridge.

Can we order the game once went out? For the moment, we do not plan to sell the game) afterward, it will be available only in pre-order.

How to settle the order? By Paypal, transfer (Iban) and check (in France).

What is the price of the game? 60 euros, unless there is a regulation(payment) with Paypal where we ask for 2 euro additional to cover expenses.

Are postal charges included? The Retro-gaming Connexion association takes care of postal charges. They are free for France, Europe and rest of the world in standard delivery (without insurance). If you wish a more consequent sending, contact us. It is also possible to make a hand delivery on Paris and during the conventions of the association.

What guarantee on the release of the game? The Retro-gaming Connexion association, known especially in France, goes guarantor and supports the project, but of course we shall need a minimum of orders to launch the production. If it turns out impossible to make it, quite the persons having ordered and paid shall see informed and paid back entirely.

When the game will be ready? Normally for the 1st half-year of 2013, we shall hold you informed as one goes along about the progress of the production on our forum.

If the game is not published, what's going on? Will be paid back? If the production is not made, you will entirely be paid back. Every made payment is registered.

Is it the first publishing of a game by the association RGC? No, the Retro-Gaming Connexion association has already published various games such as Yastuna 1 and 2 on Lynx, Penguin Café on MSX, Do The Same on Jaguar CD and the games Pooz, Saboteur 3, PicrossST on Atari St.

• Like 1

Several answers:

- the game works on NTSC consoles and PAL consoles. The game has been tested on stock NTSC and Pal Jaguar consoles. The game is not guaranteed to work on modified hardware.

- the game comes in two versions: original game (16 colors) and deluxe version (256 colors)

- a speed run mode is available for more fun: Eric Chahi loved to play the game this way :)

- the game is translated in 5 languages: english, german, french, spanish, italian but the manual will only be translated in english, german and french

- regarding the sound: except the introduction and final sequence, there is no music inside the game but there are sound effects. This is similar to the original version of Another World.

- we spent much time to also design the packaging. It was not an obvious decision to go for a full packaged game, as this really increases the cost.

- we want to avoid an eBay fiasco "à la" Battlesphere.

If sufficiently enough pre-orders are taken, this will allow us to launch production of a first batch of cartridges and packages and we may have some extra games to sell from this one (but remember that RGC is a non-profit organization, so we won't have much stock).

If a second run is needed, we will think about it. But please, remember that if there is no first run, there won't be other runs afterwards. So, if you are interested in buying Another World on Jaguar, and you are not broke of money right now, please pre-order it now.

One question:

- what is Kickstarter?

Edited by SebRmv
  • Like 1