IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

I have a tracking #, I just can`t tell If I`m doing it right. Plus I can`t read French. So I don`t know if its left France or still there.

You type in the tracking number and search for it.

The search result in my case is:

10/12/2013Pris en chargeGENNEVILLIERS CENTRE

(92)

Means that it has been brought to the post office on the 10th. It's sitting there since then. Hopefully they will do something with it on Monday. ;-)

You type in the tracking number and search for it.

The search result in my case is:

10/12/2013Pris en chargeGENNEVILLIERS CENTRE

(92)

Means that it has been brought to the post office on the 10th. It's sitting there since then. Hopefully they will do something with it on Monday. ;-)

There is no Date. As far as i can tell there is nothing! I will just have to wait..

So what resolution is it in? I thought it was 640x480. Shows me I shouldn't think. :P

I might be completely wrong, but I'd have thought somewhere around 320x200 to 240. I think the better gfx mode the game offers uses 256 colours, and I could be completely talking out of my backside (as I'm not at all sure how AW creates its display) but if that was instead a 640x480 resolution, with a double buffered display (assuming a lot here), more than half the Jaguar's memory would be used on that alone, so sounds unrealistic... otoh, I have been known to completely arse such calculations, so feel free to do your own :P

Could be that it's just not bee scanned on arrival in .de or that notification of a scan hasn't made it back to la poste's site. I've had package tracking insist the box was sitting hundreds of miles away for days and only updated some time after I signed for it at the door.

My copy was posted on Friday 6th December and only left France yesterday according to the tracking website. :skull:

Erk, then forget what I said above, looks like La Poste is a bit busy with the xmas post :lol:

As said, by sh3-rg, the resolution of the game is 320x200 in 256 colors.

And actually, the game engine needs four screen buffers in memory.

Remember also that for the deluxe version, the background images are bitmap --not vectorial-- images.

It was tricky to make all these data fit in 4MB (the backgrounds are decompressed on the fly as they are needed).

• Like 2

Love all the confusion! I couldn't make sense of la poste site either. Looks like the best thing is to sit tight and wait. It's well worth the wait!

Says the guy who already has his copy. I've played the 3DO version, and no, it is NOT worth the wait to me.

I'm #95 and people in the 190's have gotten theirs, and I am still waiting for an e-mail, let alone actually getting the game! I expect mine to arrive later than some, since I turned down expedited shipping (I'm sending NO more money out!!!), but I haven't even gotten a tracking number e-mail and others who pre-ordered way after I did have their games! This whole thing has been complete and utter BS to me... :mad: An entire year now, and still no game for me. :skull: At this point I'm ready for a refund, if they gave them! Actually, I've been ready for a refund since June. And 3 months of PCB problems doesn't explain why the game is at least 6 months late to my door and counting...so take that excuse and shove it RGC.

I'd be better off if President Obama's health care people were in charge of this game!

Edited by Gunstar

Let me explain it to you in the proper neo-liberal economic terms you should be able to comprehend, judging by your comment on healthcare. When you commited to buying Another World you knew that it was an unfinished product. Therefore what you did, was not a purchase but an investment in the manufacturing of said product. With that you assume the financial risk that's inherent in that investment. Now since you are so much inlove with private insurance, as a good investor what you should have done was to insure your investment against any problems that might arise. The fact that you failed to do that means that you assumed all the investment risk yourself. You have noone else to blame but yourself.

• Like 1

As said, by sh3-rg, the resolution of the game is 320x200 in 256 colors.

And actually, the game engine needs four screen buffers in memory.

Remember also that for the deluxe version, the background images are bitmap --not vectorial-- images.

It was tricky to make all these data fit in 4MB (the backgrounds are decompressed on the fly as they are needed).

Thanks for the info. It just shows how misinformation can get a life of its own. 2 years ago I read on a German forum it was high res, and I never doubted it. I think I may have actually had the information printed in a game magazine even. |:)

A good example on why you should always double check information.

Anyway, still a great release, congrats! :)

Edited by 108 Stars

Let me explain it to you in the proper neo-liberal economic terms you should be able to comprehend, judging by your comment on healthcare. When you commited to buying Another World you knew that it was an unfinished product. Therefore what you did, was not a purchase but an investment in the manufacturing of said product. With that you assume the financial risk that's inherent in that investment. Now since you are so much inlove with private insurance, as a good investor what you should have done was to insure your investment against any problems that might arise. The fact that you failed to do that means that you assumed all the investment risk yourself. You have noone else to blame but yourself.

Neo-liberal? Where you coming up with that? He sounds more on the other side of the spectrum, neo-conservative. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Yes, you are kind of misunderstanding something. Though the term was not originally used for what I mean, it has now become a synonym of laissez - faire capitalism and the elimination of the state's role in the economy. Basically the ideas of Hayek and Friedman, though Hayek wouldn't actually go that far.

Dear Gunstar,

I understand your frustration. I have just written to the people at the RGC responsible of the deliveries.

I hope a solution will be found soon.

Cheers

Seb

PS: sorry again for the delay. We were clearly too optimistic by targetting June.

Edited by SebRmv

Says the guy who already has his copy. I've played the 3DO version, and no, it is NOT worth the wait to me.

I'm #95 and people in the 190's have gotten theirs, and I am still waiting for an e-mail, let alone actually getting the game! I expect mine to arrive later than some, since I turned down expedited shipping (I'm sending NO more money out!!!), but I haven't even gotten a tracking number e-mail and others who pre-ordered way after I did have their games! This whole thing has been complete and utter BS to me... :mad: An entire year now, and still no game for me. :skull: At this point I'm ready for a refund, if they gave them! Actually, I've been ready for a refund since June. And 3 months of PCB problems doesn't explain why the game is at least 6 months late to my door and counting...so take that excuse and shove it RGC.

I'd be better off if President Obama's health care people were in charge of this game!

Hello Gunstar,

you have received an email from me, you confirm the address and free shipping (there is no tracking number). This is done on November 22.

Your no is 93 (not 95).

That's right, I put a little time to send your package. He left last week and you should receive it soon. It is too late for a refund. I hope you understand me.

As a fan I even Jaguar, I can understand waiting to receive a new game I hope this incident will not give us a bad image.

Best regards.

Edited by odie_one
  • Like 3

I've found that small packages from France and the UK to Canada usually take 2 to 3 weeks.

Remember that in these post-9/11 days, every package is scanned with x-rays etc before proceeding through Customs.

On top of that it is Christmas and the postal service is at its busiest time of the year.