IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

Well considering I don't even have the skill to activate enough shields in a timely manner I was thinking of selling the whole game on eBay. Only 99p start with £1,000,000 reserve. Good idea? ;)

pffft... this is how you do it 64-bit style...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141159295223

• Like 8

twoquickcapri made you an offer 06-Jan-14 21:33:01 GMT Please respond to this offer from twoquickcapri. Learn more about Best Offer- opens in a new window or tab Offer price: £64.64

lolol

You guys came down a whole pence with your counteroffer, now I know you guys are crazy and are just giving your stuff away.

It's not working for me as such on the walkthru vid, I just can't seem to generate the shields that way.

Either you need to get the timing down, or your gun is getting weak or has run out of power. When that happens you can't generate shields (or shoot for that matter).

Either you need to get the timing down, or your gun is getting weak or has run out of power. When that happens you can't generate shields (or shoot for that matter).

That's something I never quite understood. There are two instances in the game where you can recharge energy and get that funny animation, but I never had the gun run out of energy during normal combat, no matter how much I shoot or create shields. I think it only happened once when I charged the gun in one of the battles. I thought there would be only one deliberate puzzle with that after the first elevator where you have to kill a guard and then blast the door and if you don't do it right, you won't have energy to blast the door. The first time I encountered this at €-Jagfest, I thought it was a bug in the game and it just wouldn't let me shoot anymore. But I don't know to this day how you determine that you have enough energy in the gun or not. I don't even think about until I come across one of those energy stations now.

That's something I never quite understood. There are two instances in the game where you can recharge energy and get that funny animation, but I never had the gun run out of energy during normal combat, no matter how much I shoot or create shields. I think it only happened once when I charged the gun in one of the battles. I thought there would be only one deliberate puzzle with that after the first elevator where you have to kill a guard and then blast the door and if you don't do it right, you won't have energy to blast the door. The first time I encountered this at €-Jagfest, I thought it was a bug in the game and it just wouldn't let me shoot anymore. But I don't know to this day how you determine that you have enough energy in the gun or not. I don't even think about until I come across one of those energy stations now.

At least on the ST version (and I guess the Amiga too) it is possible to run out of energy without firing the door-blasting bullet. I remember playing exceptionally bad one time and was stuck between 2 lines of fire. After about 10 mins of play the gun did in fact ran out of energy, the last shields eventually faded out and I was turned into coal :).

But I don't know to this day how you determine that you have enough energy in the gun or not. I don't even think about until I come across one of those energy stations now.

I don't think there is a way to determine it, unless it's a finite amount of charges and/or shots that can be fired and someone just has yet to count them out. As long as you aren't playing recklessly and bringing up barriers left and right when not needed (or tossing out too many barriers at once when in firefights, when really you can space them out), in my experience you shouldn't have too much of a problem with ammunition. But always run into the energy stations if you see them just to play it safe.

Actually I like the approach of the game because it never explains anything and let's you find out the solutions on your own. And it is clear that the energy stations are there for a reason but contrary to the other "riddles" in the game it is not clear under which circumstances you run out of energy.

@ggn: well if you can fire and create shields for ten minutes straight, then thats almost like unlimited energy in a game that can be clocked in about twenty minutes. ;-)

@Austin: Yes, that's what I meant. I don't even think about it as an issue because you hardly ever run out of energy. I just thought it was odd to implement such a mechanic in that way.

I used to run out of ammunition all the time when I was a kid. :P

:-) Well, next time I plug it in, I'll experiment out of curiosity.

There are a lot of things in this game that your charakter does only once and I thought this would be one of them. For example you never need the kicking and crouching ability from the first screens again (well you have one more kick in the game, but that one is different ;-)),

you only roll for your weapon once and so on. I think it has to do with the cinematic approach to that game. Anyway it isn't even that important, I find myself going on and on... ;-)

The next time someone sells this guy some Jaguar stuff, he will know he just has to send him an empty box with some post barcodes on it.

Oh wait, maybe the RGC team was aware of this :P

• Like 6

I actually got around to playing my copy today (briefly) whilst waiting for my PC to finish faffing about.. and I think I may have hit a bug!?

Not sure I only have one Jag to hand and it's not a show stopper. but anyway.. I 1st inserted the cart into my JagCD unit and after the usual JagCD fireworks all I got was a black screen. Removing the CD Unit and the cart works no issue. I know the CD unit is good, and usually my Skunk lives in there with no problems. Just curious if anyone else has seen this?

Game works wonderfully and brought lots of old memories back :) Hope to give it a full play through soon when I get a mo :D

• Like 1