IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

Playing this game for a week on my Wii U has just made me want it 10 times more for Jaguar..

What is needed to move this project along from the community? Shells? I have a few copies of bruce lee, dino dudes, etc, that I would be more than willing to donate to this project.

I have a few hundred copies of Battlesphere I'd be willing to donate too.

Battlesphere_4Play_Atari_jaguar-bs_stack

Seriously, Another World needs another print run.

No, we need less cash gouging scumbag re-sellers.

The problem isn't with the developers or the media.

Yeah see what I mean. Screw that crap. We need a CD version that's easier to produce and not so much delays.

• Like 7

A CD version of Another World is not really doable, unless you are willing to have the "non deluxe" version only.

The loading time of the deluxe backgrounds from the CD would make the game experiment really bad.

I will meet the RGC in roughly a month to discuss in details of the second run. Sorry for the delay for all of you who are waiting it. I hope we'll be able to do it before the end of the year.

Cheers

Seb

Edited by SebRmv
  • Like 4

A CD version of Another World is not really doable, unless you are willing to have the "non deluxe" version only.

The loading time of the deluxe backgrounds from the CD would make the game experiment really bad.

I will meet the RGC in roughly a month to discuss in details of the second run. Sorry for the delay for all of you who are waiting it. I hope we'll be able to do it before the end of the year.

Cheers

Seb

Thanks for getting back to us though, I appreciate it. I'm definitely down for a cartridge version... I kick myself everytime I think about how I missed the sale... :(

• Like 1

SPOILER ALERT***

Beat this on my Wii U a few days back. Sort of depressing ending since he doesn't go home but rather flies off to live with buddy in some village in the woods. I suppose that's better than being stuck in that jail/city complex. The storyline is good, but it's the art and music that really make the game. It's one of the most beautiful/haunting/philosophical titles I've ever played. Right up there with Eternal Darkness for the GC for me. I can't wait to get a copy for Jag so I can play it again and eventually do speed runs. :)

How bad could the loading times be? We put up with Primal Rage don't we? Perhaps experiment with it? Have the option at the beginning of the game to choose deluxe or non-deluxe? I would love to have a full CD version of the game with all the cut-scenes etc.

Seb

full CD version of the game with all the cut-scenes etc.

Oh man I didn't even think of that...the cart version wouldn't have the cut-scenes would it? That would put a damper on the cinematic feel of the game for sure.. I'd still buy it on cart but would love to support a CD version. And for anyone who says the Jag CD is prohibitively expensive, they have them on Best for $150...that's less than the price of a 3ds.

This topic was started in 2012 and it is still on page 1. The topic has 29 pages. It doesn't need to be bumped. The Jaguar section doesn't get so many new threads that a thread like this is going to get lost. When people come though looking at new posts your bump is a waste of time in a thread about a topic where nothing has changed. These guys could take a year to update us on the next run. Are you going to bump it a couple times a week until that happens? In general bumping threads is frowned upon. Bumping an incredibly popular thread without any apparent reason is just annoying. I guarantee you there will be a new thread when a run of AW becomes available to order.

• Like 3

This topic was started in 2012 and it is still on page 1. The topic has 29 pages. It doesn't need to be bumped. The Jaguar section doesn't get so many new threads that a thread like this is going to get lost. When people come though looking at new posts your bump is a waste of time in a thread about a topic where nothing has changed. These guys could take a year to update us on the next run. Are you going to bump it a couple times a week until that happens? In general bumping threads is frowned upon. Bumping an incredibly popular thread without any apparent reason is just annoying. I guarantee you there will be a new thread when a run of AW becomes available to order.

Look, not trying to be mean here... but either fill out an application to be a moderator of AtariAge, or get off your high-horse from your basement computer.

I just want a copy of Another World, and anything I can do to speed that up, I'm going to do. Get over it, or complain to Albert.

There is one copy on ebay and the price fluctuates occasionally from low $500's to the high $600's. You have to wonder who is on there every few days tweaking that and hoping someone will bite.

I've resigned to the fact that if another run isn't printed I just won't get it. Not worth spending over $150 for any Jaguar game...even that's crazy if you think about it. I'm okay with never owning BS or BSG

• Like 2

Wait, SebRmv (Who ported the game on Jaguar) will see with the RGC team for doing a second run of cartridges.

A waiting list has been opened, see in my signature. Just send an email

So... does that mean the waiting lists that everyone joined are no longer valid?