IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

Can't be too long for everyone (who has pre-ordered from the 2nd run) now.

I was just reading back through the initial pages and, even reading thi snow, my heart still gets that sinking feeling...

Hi,

just to confirm you that the preorders are a success and that a first batch of the game is being manufactured.
In other words, the deadline I arbitrarily set to the 15th february is not relevant anymore: the status of the project is GO.

Seb

...as I was one of those who gets paid on the 15th of the month (stupid date) and was really relying on being paid that morning to pre-order following the Xmas financial catch-up carnage! In hindisght, I really should've just borrowed the money, just in case. Ah well.

It's all history now....

It's all history now....

...Mainly because I was lucky enough to receive my copy from RGC, here in the UK, just after Xmas! :thumbsup:

-

post-38529-0-29620500-1420153996.jpg

-

Basically, I just wanted to put it out there that the 2nd run is VERY REAL and it is VERY impending.

I have no doubt that there will be others too, who have already received their copy. No doubt your copies are either en-route or being assembled ready to be dispatched asap.

Just wanted to give a BIG thanks to Morgan (Odie_one), SebRMV, Eric Chahi and whoever else (please pardon my gamer/consumer level ignorance) who was instrumental in bringing this classic masterpiece to the Jaguar AND in making the much needed 2nd run a reality against all the odds of REAL LIFE! It's all very much appreciated and I'm sure all and any involved in receiving a copy of this beauty will feel the exact same way.

:love: ;)

post-38529-0-29620500-1420153996_thumb.jpg

Ok, can someone tell me what's going on? I've been asked to be put on the list, and e-mailed those e-mail addresses several time to be put on the list, and I've not heard anything. The above posts are confusing. CAN I order one now? Are orders being taken? How are people starting to receive copies from the 2nd run if the second run hasn't started yet?

Excuse me for being annoyed a little bit... but I'm confused.

Can I place an order for this game right now, and should I have received an e-mail about it already?

Sigh... well... I've asked to be put on the list (through e-mail and here) at least a dozen times. I've also bumped this thread more times than people cared for... so... I guess, if I get an e-mail or someone posts on here, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on with this game.

Sigh... well... I've asked to be put on the list (through e-mail and here) at least a dozen times. I've also bumped this thread more times than people cared for... so... I guess, if I get an e-mail or someone posts on here, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on with this game.

Lol. You and me both buddy..

Lol. You and me both buddy..

Sigh, I just hope I haven't pissed anyone off. :)

This game needs to be printed-on-demand. That will deter scalping and will satisfy anyone interested in buying it in the future.

I'm all for people being able to make money and allowing the manufacturer / producer to make what they want... but what I do hate is when someone buys multiple and multiple copies of a game for the sole purpose of being able to sell them for a higher price at the expense of people who want to buy it. It's forced supply/demand, which is market tampering. That's why I was very pleased with how Orion handled a lot of his purchases... he basically said limit 1 per customer.

In Matthias's case... with Impulse-X... I bought a second copy. I may sell it one day, but I bought it a couple months after I had already purchased the first one... and I did so primarily because I like the game so much that I didn't want it to break and be screwed. I COULD go and buy the last several UK copies of the cartridge (~6?)... I have the money, but I won't do that because it's ethically unfair to the community.

• Like 1

Okay. Just to put you all in the picture...

I missed the order window for the first run by a hairs breadth. I was gutted. Especially as, imo, Another World is the most significant after market release we have had for some time.

However, there was enough 'noise' to generate a previously unplanned 2nd run and thanks to that initiative and RGC being willing to take time to 'assemble' a further run, I now consider myself lucky enough to finally own a copy of the game without playing into the hand of speculators charging multiple 3-figure sums!

I put my name forward to the relevant email address(es) back in FEBRUARY 2013... and, sure enough, when the time finally came this (I presume I was quite high up on the 2nd run list) I received the relevant contact and made the requested payment.

IF you received the initial response, way back when, that you had been put on the waiting/2nd run list, then I have no doubt you'll be contacted in due course in preparation to have your copy assembled and posted out.

My post wasn't intended to generate panic or dismay. I was simply stating that it's time, with patience, to be excited, as the 2nd run you have all been waiting for is CLEARLY well on it's way to being rolled out... :cool:

I was contacted by Seb (I believe) back in 2013, to confirm my interest - but he did not ask for payment.

Strange he'd ask *some* people for payment at that time. Wonder what that means for those of us that haven't paid? Assumed when the carts were ready, that I'd be contacted and would make payment then…

Hello,

Firstly, happy new year to everybody, thanks for your interest in this project!

Secondly, people who have been asked to send money in the past few weeks will receive their game shortly (no preorders have been taken, contrary to what I read a few posts above).

Thirdly, if you have registered to the waiting list and have received a confirmation (either from myself or from the RGC), then you are on the waiting list. No need to spam us again and again: it just makes us waste our time.

Fourthly, we said there will be a second run. Please be sure we make everything we can to do it. However, we won't announce a schedule, because we cannot guarantee we will follow it strictly.

The only thing I can say is that when it will be ready for ordering, an official announcement will be made (and hopefully, this will happen this year :)) here on AA.

Cheers,

Seb

• Like 3

As the producer/manufacturer, you totally have the right to sell it randomly to only a handful of people behind the scenes.

But for the rest of us, it's kind of a turn-off, if I'm being quite honest.

We're being told now "hopefully, this will happen this year" in 2015...

Again, I don't mind waiting, but when I see a few random people pop up saying they got theirs in the mail... makes me feel like I'm clearly not in the "in" crowd, and wasting my time. Not sure if I even want it at this point.

Hmmm... "(and hopefully, this will happen this year :))" doesn't sound very reassuring.

I agree with 82-T/A, I also feel like I've been wasting my time. I also wouldn't mind waiting, but I'd like to know for sure what time table is expected, including when pre-orders will be available.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape. Who knows how many carts they can flash at once and it takes time and man-hours to put packaging together, not to mention shipping and everything else. I'm just going to continue to be patient and hope it comes through sooner rather than later. It would be nice if the messages were a little more specific about timeline and a little less cryptic. I will admit that "maybe sometime in 2015" is not encouraging for people who have been waiting a long time now.

In the meantime now that i've played this in HD on Wii U, and on 3DO, time to get Heart of the Alien for Sega CD! I'm hoping, like much else on SCD, that it has a rocking soundtrack!

Edited by travistouchdown

See, I am currently at AIT and it's difficult for me to keep track of this game's status and may be a pain in the ass to have it shipped to where I'm stationed at. They let us play games in our rooms and we have more freedoms than Basic, but I'm afraid I might miss out on the news.

And yes, I'm on the list.

Be sure that you are on the waiting list.

This game (the whole package) is a labour of love, and I'm sure that SebRmv and friends are doing their best to deliver this awesome release as fast as they can to all the Jaguar fans.

All I can say about this release is...... it's worth the wait!

Hello,

just to clarify. The second run is still on its way and won't show up before maybe 4-6 months.

We had a few extra games from the first run to sell, that's what the very first people of the waiting list are buying at the moment.

Regarding the schedule, we had agreed last summer on an internal schedule with the RGC. But, mainly because of myself and personal problems I had to overcome, we have already failed to follow it. That is why I said we won't announce publicly any deadline so that nobody is upset/disappointed. Also we won't take preorders this time.

Cheers

Seb

Hello,

just to clarify. The second run is still on its way and won't show up before maybe 4-6 months.

We had a few extra games from the first run to sell, that's what the very first people of the waiting list are buying at the moment.

Ah.

Many apologies Seb/Everyone. That will be my mistake then. I presumed this was the start of the roll out of the 2nd run (as that's what I thought I signed up for) but upon checking back through my old emails, what you said is true. I was also told that I was eligible for any unfulfilled pre-orders from the initial run, which is what I must have received.

Just some confusion on my part re: original deadline date of Feb '13 vs payment and delivery just under 2 years later, I guess.

I suppose, in my defense, I DID contact you guys the instant the pre-order list was announced and filled, to put my name forward, so potentially, one of the (now lucky) individuals who has been offered one of the few unfulfilled pre-orders in accordance with the order of your list.

My honest mistake folks. Sorry :woozy:

As stated earlier, this was NOT meant to be nose thumbing exercise. I mistakenly thought this was the beginning of the 2nd run of titles, which it isn't yet.

FWIW... for someone who has ALSO been waiting all this time for the game, it was worth the (nr.) 2 year. Please be patient as it's very clear that a lot of time, effort and love has gone into the production of this release.

Apologies again :_(