IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

Yeah, it seems it's always been bad from Europe for whatever reason. Almost $30 to ship one game is just insane, but I'm sure it's not price gouging, it's just the postal system. Not much we can do.

A few years ago postal "reforms" saw insured packets soar in cost, and since eBay tells you to make things trackable and cover yourself, lots of stuff like that becomes out-priced.

Think the worst of it came in during one of our releases, I remember the bill a the Post Office being a load more than expected thanks to their price hikes.

Received my copy today! Have yet to pop it in, but gotta say how impressed I am by the production of this. The high quality glossy box, instruction manual and cartridge label are all top shelf. Was nice it was shipped fast and in a sturdy carton too.

Gave the game a go last night and wow! Really impressed with everything from the gameplay to the sound effects to the gorgeous background graphics. Can tell a lot of little details and love went into this. And the gameplay speed is just right in normal mode, which means it's a bit faster than the SNES or stock Amiga. Plays the way I always wished it would. :love:

Turbo mode OTOH... fun watching the game hand my ass to me. :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, it seems it's always been bad from Europe for whatever reason. Almost $30 to ship one game is just insane, but I'm sure it's not price gouging, it's just the postal system. Not much we can do.

Not just from Europe but US as well. Case in point: I bought a CIB Gauntlet II for the IBM/Tandy. No one else bid (WooHoo :D ) so i got it for the starting price of US .99c :grin: Shipping on the other hand: US $33 :mad: Checked the postage price on the parcel, and sure enough, US $33 :woozy:

And you don't even want to know how much that was in AU after our weak ass crappy $ and PayPal conversion fees! :skull:

..have to go to the PO tomorrow to get it.

That blows. Hope you post a pic though.

Should be a rule in this thread :P When you receive it, upload a shot so those of us who don't have one (yet) can be envious from afar-with visuals :cool:

• Like 1

Mine arrived today, but my typical lazy postal worker didn't call me down to the mail room, so I just have a notice in my box and have to go to the PO tomorrow to get it.

I happened to be out running errands Saturday when my post gal left a note in my mailbox. Took a chance and tracked her down though... was still in the neighborhood! Glad I did, since not only was I excited to play it, but the longer you leave a package in the hands of someone else, the greater the chance of something stupid happening to it. Case in friggin' point... when I found her, didn't take long for her to dig the thing up in her truck. Why? Because it was sitting in the upper left corner of the dash!! Yes, that's right... the package was left to bake in the sun for another 5 hours while she would have driven the rest of her entire route. sigh

Yay! I got my game today. I was number 100.

The shipping box was TRASHED!!! But the game box itself was totally untouched, amazing! haha...

I'm really excited to have this game in my possession now. I really appreciate the second production.

SO jealous. Enjoy. I hope you crack it open and actually play it. It's a beautiful game, frustrating at times but ultimately satisfying to beat.

SO jealous. Enjoy. I hope you crack it open and actually play it. It's a beautiful game, frustrating at times but ultimately satisfying to beat.

Yup, played it last night.

I played this game (DOS version) back in the early 1990s when I was younger. I actually thought / felt that Flashback might have actually have been the sequal to this game, since it reminded me of it so much.

It's very cool... always liked that game... I'm definitely happy to get it on the Jaguar finally.

Another game (somewhat similar) that I used to play back in the day (DOS) was Prince of Persia. Worked well on my 8088, and my 386 SX at the time.

• Like 1