IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

Hey, if the Lynx can handle Tomb Raider it sure as hell can handle Another World.

Yeah, probably.

My Lynx had broken, and then I figured, rather than buy another one, I'll just give it all away. I think I only had like 5 or 6 games anyway.

I was a HUUUGE fan of the original Game Boy. That was really the last system I probably "REALLY" played as a kid. Once I got into high school, if I played any games at all, it was on the PC. I didn't start getting back into video games until I was living on my own as an adult. Lynx seemed cool. It was a bit too late for me I think. Only thing I remember about it back in the day was a commercial of some kids playing it in a bathroom, and they passed the Lynx cable under the bathroom stall or something... man, that was DECADES ago...

Anyway, I was OBSESSED with Final Fantasy Legend for the Game Boy. I played that game for months. When I finally beat it, I don't think I ever picked up the Game Boy again. Sold it all off in a garage sale.

What Lynx port?

Hey, the Lynx can do it, right?

post-11520-0-33742200-1445934988.png

It might have to be written like a Myst point and click, and only have about 10 locations, but that's the same thing, right? And using a screen to display a picture and move a pointer... that's maximizing the available hardware, right?

• Like 5

attachicon.giflynx.png

It might have to be written like a Myst point and click, and only have about 10 locations, but that's the same thing, right? And using a screen to display a picture and move a pointer... that's maximizing the available hardware, right?

That still sounds like more fun than Space Ace.

I actually prefer Space Ace to Dragon's Lair. Not that that says much ;)

I can't stand those effing cartoon games. Something is lost in translation between my brain and how those games are supposed to work.

I mean I get it, you are supposed to figure out or memorize which button to hit at the right time, dying a few hundred times in the process. I'm not sure in what decade this was considered fun considering other superior genres were already available. I guess seeing a cartoon on an arcade screen would look pretty impressive next to Centipede...

Edited by travistouchdown

I can't stand those effing cartoon games. Something is lost in translation between my brain and how those games are supposed to work.

I mean I get it, you are supposed to figure out or memorize which button to hit at the right time, dying a few hundred times in the process. I'm not sure in what decade this was considered fun considering other superior genres were already available. I guess seeing a cartoon on an arcade screen would look pretty impressive next to Centipede...

My first and only experience with Dragon's Lair in the arcade: This looks amazing! Oh wait, it costs $2 to play? OK, well the graphics are amazing. *game over 15 seconds later after having no idea WTF happened*

• Like 3

attachicon.giflynx.png

haha. reminds me of this old gem that was coming to the Jag back in the day from DKG :)

defcon1_fakescreen.jpg

Edited by Jagman

Ugh, now I have to wait for it to ship from France. Anyone in the states know how long it took them to get theirs?

Thanks!

It's quick. Week or two tops. Enjoy, this version is "just right" as far as the difficulty goes. The hardest version I have played so far was the 3DO version, which was annoying so..

Edited by travistouchdown

It's quick. Week or two tops. Enjoy, this version is "just right" as far as the difficulty goes. The hardest version I have played so far was the 3DO version, which was annoying so..

Ooooh, awesome, thanks! I remember sucking at this game as a kid on the SNES and I don't expect much else has changed.

Ooooh, awesome, thanks! I remember sucking at this game as a kid on the SNES and I don't expect much else has changed.

I've never played the SNES version, but compared to the Sega CD version of Another World, the control in the Jaguar version seems slightly tighter and more precise. Excellent port by the team that did the Jaguar version.

• Like 1