IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

Me too! Long wait finally over so big relief :thumbsup:

Was trying to play last night and I suck at this game! Just as bad as I did in days of yore on every other platform :P

Having a great time with it though.

Oh my God, me too! I've only had time to play it once since I got it last week, but I was surprised that I sucked this bad. Rayman's difficult but I'm not bad at it. Progressing in Flashback is just a matter of time. However, Another World is a whole 'nother world [pun intended].

This is actually my first time playing it though, so at least I have an excuse.

• Like 1

Me too! Long wait finally over so big relief :thumbsup:

Was trying to play last night and I suck at this game! Just as bad as I did in days of yore on every other platform :P

Having a great time with it though.

You should play the 3DO one...this one's easy in comparison. I actually think the difficulty is perfect on the Jag version! That being said, it is a game where you basically have to memorize what to do otherwise it's lots of cheap death!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did both.

Extra info:

Had replied in the email asking if I was supposed to wait for a shipping total (from the way I interpreted what was written) and after no response for a day or two, I paid what was printed for my location in the US + game and the total was correct with everything covered. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

And my only experience with the game was renting OOTW for the SNES when I was in high school. Was very impressed by the seamlessness of the graphics and controls, though damn that game was friggin' hard!

Yes it was, especially with all the loading time I had on my Amiga 600 playing it. But today you can skip all the painful waiting on this Jaguar cart, and you also have play-throughs on youtube to help you proceed forward.

I've seen the YouTube walkthroughs. Still looks insanely hard.

Yes, the time back then had a lot of unforgiving games, and most part of those games you will never see.

As a contrast to the Smart phone games with direct positive feed back playing easy games, these old games come back in time as "slow gaming"; I got Viewpoint Neo AES at last minute (the game is extremely hard game) for that purpose: a game that lasts forever. THAT's one impossible game, I have manage to get to boss on level 4 but know I will never beat him, and never see level 5 or 6 for that matter, with the annoying knowledge that those levels are in that cart never to be seen.

Same goes wit lots of old games from late 80's early 90's. Hence all masochists lurking this forum :)

I know I'll never beat this game, but I will try and, hey, life is very long. Start with the challenge to get the game, LOL.

Yes, the time back then had a lot of unforgiving games, and most part of those games you will never see.

Oh yeah, with my limited collection those days I was pretty much stuck mastering whatever games I was lucky enough to have on my shelf. When I picked up a copy of Fatal Fury for SNES recently, I couldn't believe there was a time I actually mastered that game on the hardest difficulty.

And apparently I am #262 on the list. Hoping they don't cancel it all before getting to me!

I can't see why they should stop, it's good money paid for hard work and they support the community at the same time.

If not, someone else would harvest that $ as we all know from ePay.

I think they will continue as long as people put in a order, on top of that produce some more for future auctions to come. That is at least how I would have done it.

(Which is the same reason why the Battlesphere guys are #"¤¤%&/&/%¤#!! [written in the language only true idiots understand].)

• Like 1

You know, while the games are obviously trickling out at a snails pace - gotta hand it to the guys behind this release. At least they're listening to their clientele and not just ceasing production because they think they won't be able to sell enough or are too chicken to invest in materials.

I'd rather see a game like this released the way it is (continuously) and "in production", then seeing an arbitrary number of units or artificial cap. See that all too often in the home-brew scene. :(

• Like 2

As a contrast to the Smart phone games with direct positive feed back playing easy games, these old games come back in time as "slow gaming"; I got Viewpoint Neo AES at last minute (the game is extremely hard game) for that purpose: a game that lasts forever. THAT's one impossible game, I have manage to get to boss on level 4 but know I will never beat him, and never see level 5 or 6 for that matter, with the annoying knowledge that those levels are in that cart never to be seen.

Same goes wit lots of old games from late 80's early 90's. Hence all masochists lurking this forum :)

I know I'll never beat this game, but I will try and, hey, life is very long. Start with the challenge to get the game, LOL.

Another World is challenging, but very beatable and a fairly short game. It is no where near as hard as most Jaguar games.

I am looking to follow this up with an article on my site www.retrogamingmagazine.com but need a bit of information. Are they still taking orders for this or is it done? The reason I ask is because people are talking about having been on the list for 2 years and just now receiving their games while others say something about a 3rd run not happening.

Any help?

I am looking to follow this up with an article on my site www.retrogamingmagazine.com but need a bit of information. Are they still taking orders for this or is it done? The reason I ask is because people are talking about having been on the list for 2 years and just now receiving their games while others say something about a 3rd run not happening.

Any help?

send an email to : anotherworld -at- jagware -dot- org