IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

I rarely read the forums here on Atari Age so I miss many announcements on new releases. I was lucky enough to pick up Another World on the 2nd run of carts. NHL15 and others in the past couple of years I never heard about. If a new release is not on the front of the Atari Age home page I will miss it.

Am I missing something with JHL15? We didn't make anywhere near 100 carts never mind 200. We struggled to sell what we made. Are they now selling for $$ on eBay or something??

It's so strange because you think if you were into Jaguar enough to spend that kind on money you'd be aware of AtariAge and the various games in the pipeline, pre orders that are happening, etc.

I personally won't be selling anything for decades (if ever), but it's good to know I won't be losing my shirt on $50-$100 home-brews.

The profit model seems to be

A. Be on Atari Age_________________B. Follow the hard work of others, and pre order their games for reasonable prices___________________________C. Have epiphany, Sell hombrews on ebay for $$$'s, PROFIT

A little sleazy if you ask me, especially if you do it just to resell and not to enjoy the kick ass games.

I chalk it up to a knowledge/laziness gap. Jack Nicklaus Cyber Golf is already up to $48 and its a DEMO you can get new from B&C for $45... I think money is in greater supply than intelligence or motivation is what it comes down to.

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 2

Just wanted to share my appreciation to the people who put an effort into bringing this game to the Jaguar. I'm happy to find this version is a unique beast all around. In my opinion, the deep blues in the Jaguar version make the subterranean area amazing. Also, it was great when I saw the letters on the access code screen replaced with: JAGPWR EXCLNT

I rarely read the forums here on Atari Age so I miss many announcements on new releases. I was lucky enough to pick up Another World on the 2nd run of carts. NHL15 and others in the past couple of years I never heard about. If a new release is not on the front of the Atari Age home page I will miss it.

This is an interesting point... the main page is updated rarely and I feel like a ~50+ cartridge run of a new game on any of the Atari systems would be main-page worthy. In the last year I bought JHL, Alice's Mom's Rescue, and Another World -- all legitimate runs and really fun games.

Also, I'd assume that such a release would indexed higher by search engines and thus easier for an unassuming buyer to research. But that may not be true due to the laziness and seemingly infinite disposable income of many of these bidders.

I must have been gone for way too long. JHL with Quick on the cover? This looks like EA but it has to be much much better than Brett Hull. Also, I forgot about Another World. I definitely would have pre ordered. I stepped away and these games look great. The last thing I remember was Frog something. How many years has it been now? D'oh!

Holy fudge batman! Will have to discuss ways to keep prices within reach for people. Might have to do another run after a

It's so strange because you think if you were into Jaguar enough to spend that kind on money you'd be aware of AtariAge and the various games in the pipeline, pre orders that are happening, etc.

I personally won't be selling anything for decades (if ever), but it's good to know I won't be losing my shirt on $50-$100 home-brews.

The profit model seems to be

A. Be on Atari Age_________________B. Follow the hard work of others, and pre order their games for reasonable prices___________________________C. Have epiphany, Sell hombrews on ebay for $$$'s, PROFIT

A little sleazy if you ask me, especially if you do it just to resell and not to enjoy the kick ass games.

I chalk it up to a knowledge/laziness gap. Jack Nicklaus Cyber Golf is already up to $48 and its a DEMO you can get new from B&C for $45... I think money is in greater supply than intelligence or motivation is what it comes down to.

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious, where do all the cartridge cases come from for all the homebrew projects? Was there a stockpile of empty ones from back in the day, did someone make new ones, or are these all donor carts of some sort? I figured the cases would be rare at this point.

Just curious, where do all the cartridge cases come from for all the homebrew projects? Was there a stockpile of empty ones from back in the day, did someone make new ones, or are these all donor carts of some sort? I figured the cases would be rare at this point.

Both Best & B&C purchased pallet loads. I am sure other dealers got them too.

Holy fudge batman! Will have to discuss ways to keep prices within reach for people. Might have to do another run after all!

This behaviour right here...

I presume, to order this game, you have to be a member here at Atari Age to have visibility of the game and it's pre-order/order window?

Pretty shady practice - hiding in the shadows, placing your order, receiving the game, then selling it on eBay for $$$'s.

At least, I think it is...

• Like 2

Awww man, I'm not going to be in Melbourne soon (I was the other week though). I'd have checked it out, although I often pop by ACMI when I'm there :) I'm confused though, your location said Oregon and that ACMI exhibition was few years back.

I did a presentation about game preservation last year at PAX Australia with a few of the people from ACMI :D