IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

How come, have you been away from the Jaguar for a long time?

I don't know how long, but topics and/or talk about this game have been on AA for quite some time.

Been away a while had a brain injury and was in a rehabilitation hospital for nearly 3 years :( so Ive missed so many Jaguar and Neo-Geo releases. :(

It's a good game if you can get your hands on it. ;)

Hi Walter! Hope you, the family and you lad are doing well? And couldn't agree more use to love this game back in the day, had in for my Amiga and loved it. Didn't no it came to the Jaguar, would love a copy!

I almost paid €200 for it the other day... I can't believe I missed that either. Bad things happen to good people sometimes. Twice even :)

"Bad things happen to good people sometimes" - Couldn't agree more! ;) theres one on eBay now, $400 BuyItNow, Im in the UK so its about £300ish, Im so tempted to pull the trigger on just buy it!

post-61243-0-49246900-1510539851_thumb.png

How come they didn't want to do another run, seems plenty of demand you'd think they would want to rinse every penny out of it.

I was wondering the same thing, they did two runs of it and each time I think they took payment for preorders first to pay the manufacturing cost. But with demand and want still so high I dont understand why they dont just do another run its not as they'd struggle

Go ahead, rub it in :)

:lol:

According to this interview from Arcade Attack, there were two runs of 200 copies ea. With any luck, the pro-controllers garner the same level of interest.

http://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/another-world-jaguar/

Only 400 copies thats crazy, do you like that something do do with licensing?

Like the producers said "you can only make so many"

And Ive got a Pro that nobody seems to show an interest in! lol :')

post-61243-0-86324800-1510542041_thumb.jpg

This game looks pretty awesome. Would be great if it was more readily available for purchase and at a decent price (as in under $100) I know it is no longer produced and only 400 or so copies made, but this would be nice to see out there again :)

Edited by UHATEIT

Hello all, I'm new in Jaguar;-) One game that interests me is Another world but since I missed it I will probably not own Cartridge....prices are abnormal.

I have one question about this game actually, which I could not find answer on the net.

Is Jaguar version latest extended version (PC, Sega, SNES....) or original short version (ST, Amiga...) without extra level ?

Thanks and BR

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the Macintosh version of Flashback at the local Books & Records store... thought it was pretty cool. They wanted like $10 bucks for it or something.

Hello all, I'm new in Jaguar;-) One game that interests me is Another world but since I missed it I will probably not own Cartridge....prices are abnormal.

I have one question about this game actually, which I could not find answer on the net.

Is Jaguar version latest extended version (PC, Sega, SNES....) or original short version (ST, Amiga...) without extra level ?

Thanks and BR

The Jaguar version can be played with either the original graphics (16 colors) or with the 15th Anniversary graphics (256 colors). It has the extra level that was added in 1992 to the PC, Mac and console ports. It doesn't have the journal entry and music that was only in the Apple IIGS, SNES and Genesis/MD ports.

Edited by Major Havoc 2049
  • Like 3

...I actually made stupid decision and bought it for 220 EUR (Ouch) ;-) ....I really like this game and to play it on last Atari console is joy...normally I do not spend so much...middle life crisis...still cheaper then new car :grin:

And that sentence summarizes what's happening across retro scene and eBay.

People get older, more of them get promotions, better paying jobs, so what's ~$300-$1,000 for a <insert random retro gaming item here> ?

• Like 1

I've been playing the 3DO version since I can't access the ROM for this I have on the Jaguar. I have a rom that says 4096kb which is the same size as all the other 4MB roms I have that work but for some reason after this one flashes it just goes to a black screen and will never load. Ah well the 3DO version (Out of this World) is pretty great!

I've been playing the 3DO version since I can't access the ROM for this I have on the Jaguar. I have a rom that says 4096kb which is the same size as all the other 4MB roms I have that work but for some reason after this one flashes it just goes to a black screen and will never load. Ah well the 3DO version (Out of this World) is pretty great!

The 3DO version is the hardest of any I have played. It took me some concerted effort to beat it when I could breeze through it on other platforms.

It's not quite the looker the Jag port is, but from a core gamer/challenge perspective I would say it is superior in a lot of ways.

The 3DO version is the hardest of any I have played. It took me some concerted effort to beat it when I could breeze through it on other platforms.

It's not quite the looker the Jag port is, but from a core gamer/challenge perspective I would say it is superior in a lot of ways.

AH! I did think it was pretty hard! It's too bad there isn't a version on the Sega Saturn. it is interesting to see someone linked above that it exists on the Dreamcast which I also have and may snag that since the price is pretty low!

The latest update Nov 17 says that while no reissue is planned you can submit your interest via email or their forum.

That sounds like a very tentative toe in the water to see what residual interest is out there. I suggest anyone interested gets mailing.

Just sent my email.

• 5 months later...