IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

homebrew

That's what I was looking for.

I'm not saying Iceman is this way, but sometimes it does feel like people think things should be produced indefinitely or at least until theyre done being interested in it.

I am that way and I do feel that way. It would make everything easier and better.

• Like 1

Well, the licenses for these games sometimes specify a number of units that can be produced.

It doesn't help that some jerks bought multiple units just to hawk off on ebay (they even advertised them as unopened boxes with the postal protector still sealed, so obviously had no intention of doing otherwise), but more than enough were made for anyone caring to own it be able to get one.

Making these things is expensive and time consuming. If not for places like the AA store, there would be no option but to have a fixed unit release.

• Like 2

It would make everything easier and better.

Sure. And having a unicorn as a pet would be really nice, too.

If most homebrew developers don't do that, it's not because they haven't thought of it, or think it's a bad idea, or are misanthropes who want people not to play their games.

It's because it just doesn't work that way. Manufacturing physical items means fixed costs, and in the case of Jaguar cartridges they're significant enough to make on-demand production difficult.

I can't imagine programming my own game and having to get a license that limits how many of my game I can make.

Some homebrews (like Another World) are ports of existing games. Edited by Zerosquare

Some homebrews (like Another World) are ports of existing games.

Thanks for clearing this up. Not really a homebrew then in my opinion. I don't consider porting a game from a different system a Homebrew, I consider it a port.

Unless the game it was ported from was a homebrew to begin with, then I would consider it a homebrew.

Sadly it's not available on any modern consoles due to being an older game.

https://www.destructoid.com/another-world-for-nintendo-switch-delayed-until-july-9-509777.phtml:

The Nintendo Switch port is now expected to arrive on July 9. In the meantime, Delphine's excellent 1992 title Flashback also saw a Switch re-release last week as Flashback: Collector's Edition, now available in both digital and physical formats.

Another World is available now on PC, Amiga, Atari ST, Sega Mega Drive, Super Nintendo, Panasonic 3DO, Atari Jaguar, Sega Mega CD, iOS, PS3, PS4, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Xbox One, Mac, PlayStation Vita, Windows Mobile, Apple IGS and Symbian compatible devices. A somewhat unofficial sequel, Heart of the Alien, is available on Mega CD.

• Like 1

To be fair, when these are usually opened up to be put on sale, they are manufactured to meet demand at the time with some left over. I was able to get on the second print run, even late and still get a copy. The people buying multiples to put on sale later are at least offering copies back to the collectors and the producers at the time are making more than they would have.

The people buying multiples to put on sale later are at least offering copies back to the collectors and the producers at the time are making more than they would have.

This particular silly sausage did it while it was still on sale.

Sadly it's not available on any modern consoles due to being an older game.

https://www.destructoid.com/another-world-for-nintendo-switch-delayed-until-july-9-509777.phtml:

The Nintendo Switch port is now expected to arrive on July 9. In the meantime, Delphine's excellent 1992 title Flashback also saw a Switch re-release last week as Flashback: Collector's Edition, now available in both digital and physical formats.

Another World is available now on PC, Amiga, Atari ST, Sega Mega Drive, Super Nintendo, Panasonic 3DO, Atari Jaguar, Sega Mega CD, iOS, PS3, PS4, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Xbox One, Mac, PlayStation Vita, Windows Mobile, Apple IGS and Symbian compatible devices. A somewhat unofficial sequel, Heart of the Alien, is available on Mega CD.

That page is retarded, Heart of the Alien is the OFFICIAL sequel to Another World. Flashback was just another similar game, and it's sequel was Fade to Black. It's funny that Another World has been ported to practically every system under the sun, Heart of the Alien only ever came out on the Sega CD.

That page is retarded, Heart of the Alien is the OFFICIAL sequel to Another World. Flashback was just another similar game, and it's sequel was Fade to Black. It's funny that Another World has been ported to practically every system under the sun, Heart of the Alien only ever came out on the Sega CD.

They say Heart of the Alien is "a somewhat unofficial sequel," which seems about right to me ... it's not by the original creator. Below is from the wikipedia entry. It would be nice to have a "real sequel" after all this time ...

Development

Eric Chahi recalled: "Interplay insisted in making the sequel in order to make the most of the CD-ROM medium's capabilities. After discussion, I agreed. Rather than making a chronological development related to the first story, I decided that redesigning the game from the alien point of view was excellent, and would make the player discover Another World with other eyes. I could already picture scenes where Lester would be in the background fighting guards, while the player would control the alien in the foreground and then join our first hero, help him, etc... The concept was good but, alas, neither the animations nor the game, entirely developed by Interplay, were up to the job. It was a flop."[1]Reportedly, "quickly after it was released, Chahi made a public statement that the title did not represent his vision of the world he crafted and disowned it altogether from being treated as an official sequel."[2]