IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

On 9/24/2022 at 9:51 AM, The Helper said:

I should have ordered this when I had the chance.  I had the opportunity on 2 of the releases.  If they do another one I am definitely down for it!

I know someone just a few months before this last run spent $400 on eBay for a copy. The demand for software of this calibre on the Jag is considerable. The demand outstripping supply in this case.

If this game hadn't been released in 200 batch pulses over the years it probably would have hit the projected 600+ sales numbers in the first couple years.

On 9/24/2022 at 6:12 AM, CyranoJ said:

Demand does not equal copies sold.  Would have thought that was obvious.

I think that the demand was so high for the 3rd run because of the of prices copies from previous runs had on eBay.

Let's face it, there is a lot people trying to make profit by selling retro gaming stuff at high prices.

Look for example on the Jaguar GD robberies once in a while on eBay.

Probably a similar situation may occur if a new run of Battlesphere was announced? Some of the buyers might not even have a Jaguar console to play these games on?

7 minutes ago, phoboz said:

Let's face it, there is a lot people trying to make profit by selling retro gaming stuff at high prices.

Probably a similar situation may occur if a new run of Battlesphere was announced? Some of the buyers might not even have a Jaguar console to play these games on?

True, but with a few of the titles I'd say the ones who can't play them are the lucky few :)

22 hours ago, phoboz said:

I think that the demand was so high for the 3rd run because of the of prices copies from previous runs had on eBay.

Look for example on the Jaguar GD robberies once in a while on eBay.

A lot of ratuonales on why some things sell better than others. Possible reasons I seem to hear

- Smoke and mirrors. What you see isn't what you think you see. Mostly people without Jaguars are buying these particular titles for some reason en masse for conversation pieces.

- Mostly people without Jaguars are buying these particular titles for some reason to scalp to those with Jaguars. They would still need demand for the scalping.

Could there possibly be a third reason being overlooked?

Edited by JagChris

• 1 year later...

Old thread i know, but..

Finally got enough luck and money to get this to my collection. Deluxe version is awesome!

Just after Rayman this is second best "platformer" to system.. I hope Jumping To Shadows challenges this😜 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Machine said:

What does the deluxe version include? Never seen it...

Deluxe version got those beautiful remastered graphics, but there's also Classic Mode (maybe Atari ST version?) and Speedy Mode (with both Classic & Deluxe).

Here is link to nice article:

The polygons of Another World: Atari Jaguar (fabiensanglard.net)

Nice version, but these Ebay prices are just insane these days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hutnutmen said:

Deluxe version got those beautiful remastered graphics, but there's also Classic Mode (maybe Atari ST version?) and Speedy Mode (with both Classic & Deluxe).

Here is link to nice article:

The polygons of Another World: Atari Jaguar (fabiensanglard.net)

Nice version, but these Ebay prices are just insane these days.

I think what Machine is saying is there aren't multiple physical versions of the Another World cart for the Jaguar. There's no "standard" vs "deluxe" edition to purchase. Just different game modes as you've pointed out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2024 at 11:44 PM, madman said:

I think what Machine is saying is there aren't multiple physical versions of the Another World cart for the Jaguar. There's no "standard" vs "deluxe" edition to purchase. Just different game modes as you've pointed out.

Yes of course. My mistake.. Sorry! I'm always late with these Jaguar releases😂