IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

what is Kickstarter?

Now that is a surprising question!

Have you been living under a rock over the last year? :) Just kidding, but Kickstarter is talked about everywhere.

It is a crowdfunding system. You have a game project (or any other project) that needs funding to get going, you start a campaign on Kickstarter. You show people what it's all about, and say how much money you need for it to become a reality; and people pledge money for you. If you reach the amount of money you need within 30 days, you can produce yor game. If not, then you won't and the backers don't have to pay.

In order to motivate people to invest in your project you promise rewards; like everyone who spends 60 Euros gets a copy of the game when it's done. Everyone who spends 80 Euro gets the game and a poster. This can go upto several 1000 Euros, with more extravagant rewards like meeting the developer or something.

Anyway, it is a very successful platform and over the last year it has been in all media because great classic games are now getting sequels thanks to the original developers raising enough money via Kickstarter where no publisher was interested. And plenty of homebrews/indy games get funded too. :)

Now about the release of Another World/the possibility it won't be released if not enough pre-orders are made...

I understand RGC is a non-profit organization, but why did you choose them instead of asking a professional publisher? People like Super Fighter Team, RGCD or or own Watermelon might have been interested and maybe could have released it without pre-orders, with professional webite, probably getting more media attention and selling more copies of the game.

I mean, the deal is made now, but the situation seems a bit unlucky now with the need for many pre-orders and the limited media attention so far. Personally I think this could have worked better with another publisher since Another World is not an ordinary homebrew but a rather big title with a well-known name. Now people feel pressured to pre-order and have to fear eBay-speculation to go wild with whatsounds like a very limited release.

Anyway, I love the project and will see if I can pre-order in time. The price is fair, and the product looks great. You can be proud. :)

• Like 1

Other problems with KickStarter:

-They take a percentage of the money generated meaning the price would have to go up.

-It doesn't really provide any more guarantee of safety. Sure if it doesn't get funded your money is returned but if it does get funded you aren't actually guaranteed to receive what you pledged towards.

Well, as I stated in the Another World thread, I

pre-ordered my copy. Like to support these

efforts, but wow...after conversion, Paypal

fees, and all that stuff, it was around $83.00!

Which is 20% less than Europeans had to pay for the last Jaguar cart to come out of the US ;-) But that came with tracking for the delivery, you have to pay RGC extra if you want that, the Euro62 includes only standard shipping.

• Like 1

Ordered!

In 2006 or 2007(?), the RGC sent out free copies of Atomic, which also included free postage.

That was very generous of them.

Were they also responsible for the distribution of Do The Same? (which is an underrated game imo, in a very nice package).

Anyway, for my part, they earned some credits.

• Like 1

Ordered!

In 2006 or 2007(?), the RGC sent out free copies of Atomic, which also included free postage.

That was very generous of them.

Were they also responsible for the distribution of Do The Same? (which is an underrated game imo, in a very nice package).

Yes, it's RGC team who give free full package of Atomic for the postal card contest ( http://dothesame.jagware.org/contest.php )

GT :)

Hi guys,

first of all, I would like to thank the RGC for their support regarding this project.

I will give my personal feelings about some of the possible frequently asked questions, but please wait the official answer from RGC before deciding whether or not you are willing to pre-order the game, if you have any doubts.

- How to order?

From what I have understood, RGC expects people to send them an e-mail before ordering.

- Cost of shipping?

I don't know if the price includes this.

- Expected schedule of release?

Spring 2013. My feeling is that it will rather be first semester of 2013, ie before 30th june of 2013

- What if the game is never released?

see below

- Is the game ONLY available to those who preorder or will you be able to buy it after release?

The answer is the following: the success of the pre-order will make the game be released.

So if you want to have a chance to get Another World on Atari Jaguar, please pre-order the game as soon as possible.

If we realize that not enough pre-orders have been taken at the 15th of february 2013, the project will be cancelled and a full refund policy will be applied.

\

Good this gives me time to get up some cash.

When was Do The Same released? I have never seen a copy available for sale anywhere and didn't even realize it had ever been released on CD until a few days ago.

When was Do The Same released? I have never seen a copy available for sale anywhere and didn't even realize it had ever been released on CD until a few days ago.

The copies we received were free afair, you just had to send a postcard maybe? Or am I getting confused with another release?

EDIT: aa thread here, jagware thread here and there was a yaro thread. Some copies were sold for charity on Jagware forum some time later.

So just to clarify, I have until the middle of Feb to get funds together?

It's probably not a good idea to ask questions in this thread, nobody from RGC posts here and Seb only visits rarely, but I think the February deadline is the cut-off if you want to get in on this one.

So just to clarify, I have until the middle of Feb to get funds together?

Hi,

RGC has not given official deadline for the end of pre-orders, so this was my personal feeling.

However, I believe that sometimes in next february is a reasonable deadline for us to decide whether or not we shall continue the project, depending on the number of pre-orders.

If the project is cancelled, a full refund policy will be applied, as explained on RGC pre-order site.

Cheers

Seb

Edited by SebRmv