IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

My Jag CD is ALWAYS attached to my Jag, and Another World works perfectly fine through my Jag CD. Maybe people have problems with carts through the CD unit due to different versions of the base unit and CD unit or something, but I have NEVER had a cart game NOT work through my Jag CD.

I have had to re-seat cartridges a few times on occasion, to get it to work properly, BUT, this has only been a problem with some Songbird carts (and I-war), but they work, sometimes right away, sometimes I have to remove and re-plug in the Songbird cart, but it always works eventually. Any other cartridges have all worked flawlessly. (assuming all contacts are clean)

I have never had a cart game that just never works through the Jag CD, they all work with patience with a few..

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 3

Seriously, where can I buy this? I've been asking for a while, what am I missing?

Look here and use the contact details at the bottom of the page, you should be asked to join the list for a 2nd (identical in every way) run of the game.

EDIT: Oops, that wasn't the last post and Seb already replied... ignore :lol:

I would be in on a second run also. Can't believe I missed this!

I know, seriously... I disappear for like 2 months and three major game releases come out and are nearly sold out.

At least I was able to get Impulse-X... damn I'm pissed about missing this game, and also the Elesium game too...

Man, I'm telling you, I am so tempted... but in US dollars that's like $400 bucks or something... geeze... just seems too much. I would probably go for it at $200... but $400 is really pushing it.

You do know that a second run is planned, do you?

Have patience and sign up for the second run, don't overpay for this game :)

• Like 4

Yes, some patience are needed, but don't give money to some people who only buy Jag games for profit !! That's a shame !!

When we asked Eric Chahi for rights about this port, nobody on Jagware has seen dollars !! Only a good game we wanted to play on Jaguar, nothing else !!

• Like 3

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, it is a good game, and GREAT on the Jaguar.

I haven't completed it yet, but I play it regularly and every time I solve some more puzzles (which is -especially after long searching- very satisfying) and get further in the game.

Like a fool I often switch graphics during gameplay just to see the difference and how beautiful the deluxe version looks.

It may not be a "64-bit" game, but it is one of the best games for the Atari Jaguar imo.

• Like 3

Next up, Bristol, UK.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131101972958 - Only £298 - that's £2 cheaper than the last one, and only about 5x the original price! Bargain!

Does *ANYONE* actually play games anymore, or are they just a quick way to bring in a few quid after xmas excesses?

• Like 2

Does *ANYONE* actually play games anymore, or are they just a quick way to bring in a few quid after xmas excesses?

Games? What's a game?

Oh, you mean those insignificant things that's inside when you buy BOXES? Yeah I heard about those mythical things. People told me never to try them because if I were to play one of those "games" the world might come to an end. So, you know, I never do.

:P

• Like 4

That is not 100% accurate. I bought a copy for the first run. The release is very well polished, beautiful, gorgeous, etc.

I have been in contact with RGC about getting a copy of the second run for my nephew who is proving to be a bigger Jaguar fan than I. The reply I received from RGC is that a second run is not 100% confirmed yet.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. A second run depends on how many Jaguar fans come out of the wood work.

I have an e-mail from 08JAN saying otherwise....

I've got the cellphone number from SebRmv and cell numbers of the whole RGC team. Do you want to trust somebody hidden under a nickname ?

post-7280-0-75484200-1390752601_thumb.jpg

Do you know who are on this photo ?

You see my back :) Eric Chahi talking, Pocket hidden by Eric and the two Removers (SebRmv, Stabylo).

Please choose your way..... :)

Edited by GT Turbo
  • Like 3

I have an e-mail from 08JAN saying otherwise....

I think the post I was thinking of was after this, but I think I was probably wrong about it being here and I'm not sure if their interest registration replies are now worded any differently than they were back then. Thinking about it, it was more likely to have been on js2 in a discussion regarding the sale of 2x copies for $1400 BIN on eBay. Sorry for confusion. But I'm 99.99% certain he said it was going to happen... then again, I have been known to get some things wrong when I'm in and out of things :lol:

• Like 2

The biggest problem for me is that I am literally moving in two weeks and won't have access to the internet for almost a month once I get to where I'm moving. Soo... if there is a release, I'm worried that it'll come and go during that time and I'll never be able to buy another copy of it. :(