IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

I pre-ordered saturday, got confirmation sunday #123

Yep, they obviously don't care about any sort of order in confirmations, if you pre-ordered Saturday. I'm still waiting going on...2 weekds. just double checked, I pre-ordered January 2nd. HOW ABOUT CONFIRMATION FOR ME RGC?!?!? I'm getting upset now, seeing others get confirmation when I pre-ordered long before them!!!

Edited by Gunstar

Do you really care if you get an email if you actually get the cart?

I'll set up a page on the Reboot site if you all like, drop us $5 and we'll send you a mail saying we got it :P

I expect a confirmation from the seller of any product I buy, just as I send a confirmation on anything I sell. I would also like to know what number I got, if they are doing it in order, though confirmations are not. ESPECIALLY if I'm not recieving the merchandise for six months.

Everyone get Paypal confirmation from everything I sell too, I still send my own personal confirmation, as hs also happened with every product I've ever bought online with or without Paypal. I get confirmation from the credit card company or Paypal AND from the company or person selling. I'm glad you are confident in them, and you are probably right, but PLAIN COMMON CURTASY is what I EXPECT. As to the number, no it's not a big deal, but I still want to know what numbered copy I'm getting, again, especially if I am waiting HALF A YEAR to get the game.

I'm not asking anyone to ben over backwards to do something they aren't already doing, but when people get confirmations the next day and I've waited almost 2 weeks without, yes, I get CONCERNED. We are all human and human mistakes happen and things can get lost or overlooked.

You just want me to wait six months or more, expecting everything to be sunshine and roses, only to find out my order was lost then? or there was some other mishap? Sure, theyed refund me with my Paypal proof, probably, though it's beyond Paypal's deadline to contest, so I want all my ducks in a row, and you can look at the world through your rose-colored-sunglasses. I've gotten burned before and people EARN my trust and I expect to have to earn the trust of others. It's called ethics and morals and not just saying, but doing what you say.

NON OF THIS IS MEANT TO BE AN ATTACK ON RGC OR THE DEVELOPERS AT ALL. I'm merely replying and stating my valid, logical reasons. I have already been contacted via PM by someone (one of the developers, I think) who is looking into it for me. So they are doing what I expect them to do, thanks!

Edited by Gunstar

Just send an email to contact@retro-gc.net & explain that you've not had a confirmation & give them the PayPal transaction details.

RGC are not a shop, they don't do this day-in day-out. It seems there's one person managing the orders in his spare time and so far he looks to have got through over a hundred of these notifications, but unfortunately it looks like yours got overlooked. You should also check your spam/junk folders.

AFAIK, Odie doesn't read AA, JS2 or any other forum other than Yaronet, so posting in these places won't get you anywhere, not even if you use CAPS LOCK and multiple exclamation and question marks ;-) :P :lol:

• Like 2

Just send an email to contact@retro-gc.net & explain that you've not had a confirmation & give them the PayPal transaction details.

RGC are not a shop, they don't do this day-in day-out. It seems there's one person managing the orders in his spare time and so far he looks to have got through over a hundred of these notifications, but unfortunately it looks like yours got overlooked. You should also check your spam/junk folders.

AFAIK, Odie doesn't read AA, JS2 or any other forum other than Yaronet, so posting in these places won't get you anywhere, not even if you use CAPS LOCK and multiple exclamation and question marks ;-) :P :lol:

that was all to make a stern point in my reply to YOU, not them. Except for the one line asking them (just in case) to send me confirmation several posts back. I admit purposely over-dramatizing to you. I do it often, since it is hard to convey tone and attitude, seriousness or lack of when not talking face-to-face or via voice. Capitals letters are not used by me to convey yelling, just slightly higher volume in my voice and/or denoting inflection, if there was something in-between caps and lower-case, I'd use it! ;) Besides bold or italics which I have to select above and de-select, it's easier to hit caps.

There's an old Texas saying; "It's the squeeky wheel that gets the grease!" I got greased :P

Edited by Gunstar

that was all to make a stern point in my reply to YOU, not them. Except for the one line asking them (just in case) to send me confirmation several posts back. I admit purposely over-dramatizing to you. I do it often, since it is hard to convey tone and attitude, seriousness or lack of when not talking face-to-face or via voice. Capitals letters are not used by me to convey yelling, just slightly higher volume in my voice, if there was something in-between caps and lower-case, I'd use it! ;) Besides bold or italics which I have to select above and de-select, it's easier to hit caps.

Me? I'm not sure why you think I care... but...err. OK, you made your point to me, cheers! Do you want me to email Morgan for you? :lol:

I've heard PINK CAPS are super effective if you really want to shout, so I thought maybe you were just raising your voice a little ;-) :thumbsup:

EDIT: OK, I think you though I was CJ maybe?

Me? I'm not sure why you think I care... but...err. OK, you made your point to me, cheers!

EDIT: OK, I think you though I was CJ maybe?

Yes, you are my hero and everything I write here is directed mostly toward YOU! j/k Yes, i thought you were CJ in that reply, sorry, and sorry to CJ for mistaking you for him, and sorry all around becuase it puts a new light on everything depending who you think a reply is coming from. But really, when it comes down to it, I was replying to both of you in seperate replies, so it was directed at both of you based on who i replied too, and both in general since we are all now in this conversation.

Just forget it all, I mistakenly thought I pre-ordered the game and didn't!!! Just Kidding! :grin:

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Yes, you are my hero and everything I write here is directed mostly toward YOU!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

it puts a new light on everything depending who you think a reply is coming from

It's true. You can read the most innocent remark and it's all fine and good. Put it in CJ quotes and it's OUTRAEG! That's only because we know CJ all too well :lolblue:

• Like 1

with 6 months to wait I think we can give them a little more time to respond :)

You do what you like, I wouldn't want to be the only person left with no game in June :lol: Send an email, it'll take a few seconds! Aber other hand, you've already completed it on the ST and droid... ;-)
  • Like 1

On a side note, I'd like to rant about the saying, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

By far the worst excuse for complaining, in my book! Not saying this directly to the poster above directly, it's just I hear this excuse in my daily work all the time and it's usually used by the folks who give me the biggest headaches. That is, the biggest douchebags and snivelling butt-kissers use that saying ALL. The. TIME, lol.

People, by all means, respectfully make your concerns known. There are ways to do this and get results....but don't be no greasy wheel, squeaking away like some friggin' rodent. Be a man and stand up for yourself!...by all means :D

disclaimer: one more time, I am not directing this to the poster who put it up (who in fact looked like he went about things in a decent manner)

Rant over, lol.

Everyone get Paypal confirmation from everything I sell too, I still send my own personal confirmation, as hs also happened with every product I've ever bought online with or without Paypal. I get confirmation from the credit card company or Paypal AND from the company or person selling. I'm glad you are confident in them, and you are probably right, but PLAIN COMMON CURTASY is what I EXPECT. As to the number, no it's not a big deal, but I still want to know what numbered copy I'm getting, again, especially if I am waiting HALF A YEAR to get the game.

I'm not asking anyone to ben over backwards to do something they aren't already doing, but when people get confirmations the next day and I've waited almost 2 weeks without, yes, I get CONCERNED. We are all human and human mistakes happen and things can get lost or overlooked.

You just want me to wait six months or more, expecting everything to be sunshine and roses, only to find out my order was lost then? or there was some other mishap? Sure, theyed refund me with my Paypal proof, probably, though it's beyond Paypal's deadline to contest, so I want all my ducks in a row, and you can look at the world through your rose-colored-sunglasses. I've gotten burned before and people EARN my trust and I expect to have to earn the trust of others. It's called ethics and morals and not just saying, but doing what you say.

NON OF THIS IS MEANT TO BE AN ATTACK ON RGC OR THE DEVELOPERS AT ALL. I'm merely replying and stating my valid, logical reasons. I have already been contacted via PM by someone (one of the developers, I think) who is looking into it for me. So they are doing what I expect them to do, thanks!

Hi Gunstar,

I have received your PM and will check your case personally with the RGC.

Cheers

Seb

PS: copies won't be numbered

Edited by SebRmv

Thanks Seb! Even if copies won't be numbered it would have been nice to know how many ordered before me, chances are that's all gone now since I was overlooked or something...oh, well, nothing at all really, just curiousity.

Hello everyone,

the RGC team apologies for the delay some of you have experience in the treatment of your order of Another World on Jaguar. Mot of the team was on Vacation during the chrismas holiday period which was also the time wwhen we recieved most of your orders!

We would like to ask for your understanding we are only a simple association. We are all involved in our association and we all share the same passion for the retro gaming, however we do not possess the logistic ressources nor the organization of a professional compagny.

But we conduct all our projects to their end and we take a great pride to obtain the best result in order to answer the needs of our fellow retro-gamers (although this may take some time in some cases).

We can assure you that this project will not be frozen, should this be the case all ordrs shall be refunded. All manager of the RGC Association give its personals warrant regarding this matter.

For further question do not hesitate to read our FAQ or by email email_asso_rgc.gif

or contact us duirectly on the offical Thread on our forum (you can write in English it does not matter): http://www.yaronet.c...ts.php?s=153060

in the meaning time we wish an wonderfull year 2013, may the passion of retro-gaming drive all year long!

• Like 5

I'm still waiting...myabe I was just being coddled and patronized when it was "being looked into."

Well, I still have about 30 days to request a refund, so they have that time to verify my pre-order.

I guess I'm going to have to look into it myself, though I shouldn't have to go through this, IMHO.

Well, I wrote a nice sized email explaining my situation and found I had wasted my time as the e-mail address left above returned me a "fatal permanent error" as the "address does not exist." So whatever... :_(

Edited by Gunstar