IGNORED

Early Demo: Sensational Santuci Sisters!

Gemintronic

http://www.atariage....ci-sisters-wip/

Inspired by Sprybugs platform game I decided to work on a horizontal scrolling engine myself. What it's turning out to be is a nifty game in itself called The Sensational Santuci Sisters! Yeah. Figured Mario had already been done, so why not use The Great Giana Sisters as inspiration?

Right now it's got a single level about 256 screens long. Every game has a different layout! Only two enemy types. One "coin block" that is valued at 100 points.

Controls consist of left and right to walk. Fire to jump. Down to crouch. Additional lift can be gained by jumping onto the edge of a block and jumping again while scrolling forward.

Comments and feedback are greatly appreciated! I especially want to know if there's any dead ends..

sss36.bas.bin

post-13304-0-52353000-1356040944_thumb.jpg

post-13304-0-00844500-1356040945_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OK... I didn't find any dead ends, but I didn't play it for long. What occured to me is that the jumping physics is a bit odd... the hero changes immediately from an upward to a downward movement. There should be at least a brief interval of hovering in the air, or the curve should be smoother altogether (if that's possible in Batari Basic).

• Like 1

OK... I didn't find any dead ends, but I didn't play it for long. What occured to me is that the jumping physics is a bit odd... the hero changes immediately from an upward to a downward movement. There should be at least a brief interval of hovering in the air, or the curve should be smoother altogether (if that's possible in Batari Basic).

Thanks for the help. I'll look into seeing if I can smooth out the jump any further. Also, thanks for checking for dead ends.

• 3 weeks later...