IGNORED

NYD 2k13

pps

Creature XL sent me a first version of his entry. Another entry was sent by JAC!

To be clear for everyone, who wants to contribute: Please send me your work till dec. 31st 2012 either here via pm or to nyd_at_ppsberlin.de

The release will be around lunch time here in Germany at 1st January 2013. Even Samoa Isles then are in 2013.

So cool :) Collecting all those things is almost as waiting for Santa when I was a kid :)

Each entry is a nice present for me and hopefully for you all as well, when the whole thing will be released.

I'm so glad, that so many people have fun creating something for us all on their spare time. Thanks a lot!

update: received the entry from sikor and miker and got an update from Creature XL for his entry. Even my entry gets more into a final version :)

Put the things together to test it on real machine.

Even if I had to compress some things to get as many onto disc as is possible, we're now about 6! discs wow!

One part got it's own disc because of better design there - it just looks to ugly with the multi loader. The other things will be together as it is possible to do.

well.. I need more time and release my stuff separatly...why?

- combining G2F stuff plus RMT plus code caused to many side effects plus strange MADS behaviour... e.g. hunting bugs now for more than 1 hour because wrong sub-routine adress is calculated. Further RMT plays the music differently than the ASM replay routine... and things go on and on while time goes buy... and I have no time to spend more prior 31th... so sad but true... will release the stuff next week maybe even on the first...

so PPS don't wait for me ;)

well.. I need more time and release my stuff separatly...why?

- combining G2F stuff plus RMT plus code caused to many side effects plus strange MADS behaviour... e.g. hunting bugs now for more than 1 hour because wrong sub-routine adress is calculated. Further RMT plays the music differently than the ASM replay routine... and things go on and on while time goes buy... and I have no time to spend more prior 31th... so sad but true... will release the stuff next week maybe even on the first...

so PPS don't wait for me ;)

Oh no. Hope you'll get it done. If you need help bringing rmt & g2f together maybe I can help. There is at least some code within both routines that are waiiting for keypress that might bring strange things. Pay attention in the rmtplay routine for that.

And one more from Miker and me was sent...

Yeah, put it on disc 7.

Yes you're right, we currently have 7 discs and only one could be less. There is a small intro, where the design says 'NO!' to the used gamedos :)

but 6-7 discs (!) is impressive while looking back how it all started years ago ;)

Yes, sometimes I ask my wife to pinch me, to be sure I#m not on a daydream :) It's a real pleasure for me, that so many people take part and have fun making something.

We actually have a big start for the A8 live into the new year as a tradition. The NYD is one of the first productions in computing every year, too :) Have a look at pouet.net and you can confirm that.

And it's cool to have such a wide palette of things. Not only intros and animations. We got some small games and tools too. We got programms written in BASIC or assembler, pictures hand drawn or 'just' converted. So many facettes of creative usage of ATARI. That's so nice. Don't forget the many people who have fun watching and playing all these things.

I can only say thousands of thanks to everyone who was, is or will be part of this project. YOU all are the New Years Disc! Thanks!

Replied in Heaven's programming thread - that should help with one issue.

Clash with G2F issue - hard to say. My guess would be either RMT player going for too long or (more likely) both routines are using some same memory locations.

My work - I've no idea if I'll have anything ready. It'd likely be beta stage at best if it is done in time. I suppose I have till almost this time tomorrow so see how it goes.

Edited by Rybags

Replied in Heaven's programming thread - that should help with one issue.

Clash with G2F issue - hard to say. My guess would be either RMT player going for too long or (more likely) both routines are using some same memory locations.

My work - I've no idea if I'll have anything ready. It'd likely be beta stage at best if it is done in time. I suppose I have till almost this time tomorrow so see how it goes.

Hope your answer helps heaven.

The time for release will be around 24 and a half hour from now on - then we have January 1st at 13:00 (1:00 PM) here in Germany and I hope to have all toghether then.