IGNORED

NYD 2k13

pps

Rybags, really? How is the year 2013 so far? :)

Send another update of our prod to Berlin. It's all done. It will maybe get a bit more scroll-text from Flash, but that depends on him if he has to say something ;)

Thank you PPS for organizing the disk (forgot to mention you in the greetings, but am doing here now)

Well, unless Flash isn't going to send me a text, that would be it for 2012 and Atari stuff from me :)

A year back, i wrote a lot of stuff in my post to the "What will you do 2012" thread. Well, not much achieved from my list. However, changes in RL (working at home in Hannover and not in another city where I had so much free time for coding MJO while staying in a hotel) do that to you. But it's for the better ;) I hope many of you Germans here will hear of the start-up company I am working at now in 2013 and support us :)

Let's see what 2013 will bring. At least a game from "The Morons of H.A.R." Either a stunning game I am planning, "HAR'em 2" or the thing OSon and Flash want to do, but I am not willing to code ;)

my 2 cents looking back 2012 regarding Atari:

not much time for real coding due to RL but many good discussions with the guys here and there at formatwar.net. I am enjoying multiplatform stuff and getting more and more into demo mood again due to the yearly updates for the NYD.

2013 on my list is to work further on the Pac Man stuff ;) and learing more things regarding soft sprites.

so stay tuned for some bits and pieces coming from me.

ps. and yes... Gridrunner is scheduled Q1/2k13.

Wow 7 disks this year! Looks like I need to clear out some floppies. Any chance the 180K ones can be re-done for 1050 enhanced density ?

Looking forward to trying these on my 130XE, thanks everyone :thumbsup:

:)

For the part of Blowjobb: Yes simply copy the file to any other disc - e.g to disc 7. But it's better to watch from a real Dos.

The animation of miker needs that 180k disc, cause it uses nearly the whole space.

Alright,

let`s fit the stuff from the two 180k disks on two 130k disks...

- NYD2k13.COM is now on disk 7, just like PPS said; I added a Basoff routine to it, which also gives a nice Basic-blue screen; so now it can be started from MypicoDOS and it still looks good... the original disk 2 is then not needed anymore...

- HNY2013.XEX comes on a new disk 3 in 130k format; I simply packed the animation with Superpacker/Exomizer by TeBe and now it fits on a 130k disk (I also added a Basic off routine and a small title routine); but the tip-animation still requires 320k RAM to run...

Hopefully this is what you wanted... -Andreas Koch.

Edit: Forgot to add a bootloader to the new disk 3... done now.

NYD2013 Disc 3 - 320k animation.zip

NYD2013 Disc 7 - multidisc.zip

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 1

CharlieChaplin, I think adding the basoff is not needed, as Blowjobb demo looks like it looked just without it. The feeling of the screen gets better, when there is something else than clean screen. Even the end is not readable when loading from gamedos. Both where the reason, why I ended in just taking the atr dely sent me.

Strange that you could compress the animation with success. I tryed some settings and it won't start anymore. So I left it untouched then.

Thanks for your efforts :) Sure it helps people who want to watch it on real and don't own a XF or something else to have DD

Edited by pps

Wow 71 downloads so far :o

For everyone who wants to put the Blowjobb part onto a gamedos, I did a qnd hack. I added some text at standard gfx 0 location, so there is some 'barbage' at least. At the end you still loose the information dely wants to share - so I included it into the 'garbage' ;)

• Like 1

but 6-7 discs (!) is impressive while looking back how it all started years ago ;)

Nope.

Masses for classes? No!

Some parts are very well. But, if you prefere megabytes instead of quality, I could preserve some megabytes of animations, or crude sounding digitized music..... filling 100s of disks. You like?

Nope.

Masses for classes? No!

Some parts are very well. But, if you prefere megabytes instead of quality, I could preserve some megabytes of animations, or crude sounding digitized music..... filling 100s of disks. You like?

Seems for me that you didn't get the aim of the NYD right.

It's not the aim that only the 'high level' coders should become part of NYD. Everyone who wants to be part of the thing should become it.

NYD is to celebrating everyones pleasure with our little machine, no ranking for good or bad or whatever.

Yes, it's always a pleasure to see something higher level code, but I'm always happy to see what everyone does with the ATARI. So is the plan and NYD never will become something else than: 'Sent me what you want to show the world.'

I want everyone can be part of NYD!

• Like 3