IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2012

Pixelboy

Season's Greetings, people of the ColecoVision persuasion!

As I write this, I just finished sending the notoriously anticipated Christmas e-mail to everyone listed in my customer records. Aside from a few people with e-mail problems, I haven't replied to anyone yet (or in other words, I haven't begun processing any orders), and I'm taking a break for a couple of hours. It took me over 2.5 hours to send over 150 personalized e-mails, which is nothing to sneeze at (which is ironic for me to say, since I happen to have a cold at the moment!).

I sent the e-mails one by one as fast as I could, so of course, the customers at the bottom of my customer list were at a disadvantage compared to the ones nearer to the top. But hey, that's life.

Although I haven't started processing orders yet, I have already received enough e-mail replies to say without a doubt that practically all of my initial stocks of games are already spoken for. Most people placed an order for all 8 games, which makes me doubt whether there's really a recession going on in the US! Just kidding of course, I know times are tough for many. :)

Now I have two immediate concerns:

1) I'll be using 12x12x6-inch boxes to ship groups of 8 games, and I only have 7 of those boxes at home right now. Of course, I'll want to use those few boxes to ship games to the usual suspects (opcode, nanochess, this year's beta-testers, etc.) which means regular orders won't be shipped out until I get more of those boxes. Problem is, Staples seems to be low on stocks of these boxes (and many other sizes as well) so that may complicate things for me. The bottom line: Better put your "zen" hat on, because this is likely to take a while to get sorted out.

2) My funds are rather low at the moment, so I have to be careful not to overspend at the post office, to ship all those orders out. Fortunately, the funds I earned from the Super Action Soccer auctions will help, and those funds are currently being transfered to my bank account, but that transaction will likely be slowed down by "Holiday interference". So I'll probably get the money late next week.

With this said, since I won't be able to ship games in all deliberate speed like I usually do, I'm going to take my time to manage orders, pre-orders and waiting lists carefully over the next few days. I'll be processing orders in the order they arrived in my e-mail inbox, so it doesn't matter how long I take to reply to all e-mails, because it won't matter in terms of game availability. So again, please put you "zen" hat on, relax, and enjoy the Holidays. I'll get around to each of your orders soon.

On a final note, I invite you to visit teampixelboy.com to behold the sizeable update I uploaded this morning. The new 8 games were moved to the "completed" section of the sidebar, and I added Goonies, Knightmare, Yie Ar Kung-Fu 2 and Zanac to the "outsourced" section. Module Man has been moved back to the "personal" section because the programmer attached to the project has gone MIA. I should mention that, one week from now, on January 1st, I'll be posting another Team Pixelboy News Bulletin which will outline my plans for 2013, and also include a few surprises!

Happy Holidays to you all!

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. :)

• Like 8

Sounds good. I wish I could afford to buy all 8 right now, but this time of year is a little trying on the wallet. Four games will keep me occupied until the I can buy the rest. Hopefully there will still be copies left at that point. :)

By the way, I was showing Princess Quest page to my brother Adán, and he is asking who is Aldán ;) I suppose it's a slight mistyping :)

It's been fixed. I checked the manual of the game, and fortunately, I didn't make the same typo. (His name doesn't appear on the box, by the way.)

Small update: After the sustained effort of e-mailing everyone this morning, even the couple of hours of rest I took afterwards hasn't restore much of my energy. Stupid cold sapping my energies away...(*sigh*) I still have to take a shower before leaving for the Christmas party tonight, so I've decided to not process any orders today, and to keep on resting. But don't worry people, I'll get back on the saddle first thing tomorrow morning!

Merry Christmas to all! :D

• Like 6

If you havent received an email but reserved games in this thread, are my reserved games still reserved from me :) ? I bought most of you other games but through my friend.

If emal is required please add me: snabbtsvar@gmail.com

You're lucky I remembered your post! It's quite simple: If you're not in my customer records, then you didn't get the Christmas e-mail that I sent to all my customers this morning. If you didn't get the e-mail, then there can be no ordering of any games.

I've just sent the Christmas e-mail to the address you gave above. Please reply to it, and don't forget to specify your name and your AA username so I know it's you. :)

All in due time brother, there is only so much that you can do in a day. I hope you are feeling better for the party tonight and have a great X-Mas!

If it hadn't been for this cold, I probably would have processed at least a few orders this afternoon. But as I explained, I have to go to Staples to get more boxes anyway, so there's no sense in rushing anything.

Speaking of parties.... the doorbell just RANG!!!

OH MY GOD!!! RUN FOR COVER!!!

:P

To the risk of repeating myself... OH MY GOD!! :-o

I completely forgot to give you guys a special Christmas present!

Enjoy!

Woo hoo! I'm glad you sent this Luc, as I might not have opened my Colecovision emulator if I had not downloaded this... And for all who haven't opened Mugrat on 12/25, don't forget to do so today!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Woo hoo! I'm glad you sent this Luc, as I might not have opened my Colecovision emulator if I had not downloaded this... And for all who haven't opened Mugrat on 12/25, don't forget to do so today!

Cheers!

And you may need to close the rom that was last played (file->close) to see why you should run it today.

If it hadn't been for this cold, I probably would have processed at least a few orders this afternoon. But as I explained, I have to go to Staples to get more boxes anyway, so there's no sense in rushing anything.

Take your time, feel better and try to enjoy what is left of the holiday! Whenever you get around to processing my order, I will have your payment ready good sir! Thanks again for all of your efforts and we all look forward to the wonderful games we will be receiving! :thumbsup:

Just wanted to mention that it took forever to set up all my records and files this morning (in order to streamline order processing) but I am now ready to reply to my customers, and I'll be doing just that all day long. I have roughly 150 customers to process, so please be patient, I'll get around to each of you within the next 48 hours (or perhaps 72 hours, we'll see how things go).

I will probably take a couple of breaks long the way today, and I'll drop by here when I do. :)

• Like 5

Well, I guess I can stop waiting for the Postman to deliver that overnight package! :woozy: I guess I have no excuse now not to play with all my kids new games and start the fun process of setting everything up on my wife's new laptop... oh, the horror, the pain, the shame of it all. My ColecoVision will never look at me the same way! :skull:

I knew that I should have gone to work today and saved the vacation day. :P

Well, I guess I can stop waiting for the Postman to deliver that overnight package! :woozy: I guess I have no excuse now not to play with all my kids new games and start the fun process of setting everything up on my wife's new laptop... oh, the horror, the pain, the shame of it all. My ColecoVision will never look at me the same way! :skull:

I knew that I should have gone to work today and saved the vacation day. :P

Believe me going to work today is highly overrated you did the right thing. I think this is the first time I have ever worked the day after Christmas in my life and it sucks. !!!!!!

• Like 1