IGNORED

LIMITED PRE-ORDER IS OPEN: HALO 2600 SOURCE CODE POSTER

Cebus Capucinis

PRE-ORDERS ARE NOW OPEN!

post-24585-0-18147300-1356543291_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-38728000-1356543292_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-20139200-1356543294_thumb.jpg

Monkey Labs and talented artist Brian O are happy to announce that PRE-ORDERS ARE NOW OPEN for the limited edition first-run print HALO 2600 source code poster. We have hammered out all the details, and it's finally time to open this up for the AtariAge public to get their hands on this great piece of artwork! Measuring 24 " x 36", this poster is printed on a high quality 28lb movie poster stock and looks absolutely phenomenal. It will finalize anyone's HALO collection and makes a great conversation piece for anyone's man cave, game room, or secret video game lair!

HOW IT WORKS: We have all the details finalized, and production can officially start now. However, since it is a bulk pre-order, we are keeping it open for a LIMITED WINDOW OF TIME due to contractual obligations with the printer. So, the pre-order is open for a minimum of TWO WEEKS. At that point at the earliest, we will be ceasing pre-order acceptance and fulfilling and shipping all pre-orders we have. This depends on interest, of course, and if we get a large amount of interest, the pre-order will stay open for a longer period of time, up to 1 month. However, the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM amount of time these will be available is 1 month. We will make an announcement if the pre-order is extended, but for now, assume it is only a two week window.

AFTER THE WINDOW IS CLOSED, THIS FIRST-RUN POSTER WILL NO LONGER BE CREATED.

WHAT YOU GET: The poster, obviously, recreated in full high-quality print plus some FUN EXTRAS included that I won't give the secret away to. Part of the two-week announcement window was figuring out exactly what the package would consist of. :)

THE POSTER PACKAGE WILL COST $20 USD + SHIPPING.

HOW TO GET IN: Send a PM to myself (Cebus Capucinis) indicating you want to buy, then post in the thread that you're "in" to ensure I see it! :) I will reply to confirm address, get a shipping quote, and then give you the total to PayPal. Then, it's just a matter of shipping! We will keep everyone updated as to the status, but when the pre-order window is closed, final production will begin, packages will be assembled, everything will be shipped (with tracking numbers, of course).

The posters will ship in a nice, high-durability ULine shipping tube and everything will be shipped via USPS. International orders, have no fear, we're ready to go on it!

THERE IS NO QUANTITY LIMIT. ORDER AS MANY AS YOU LIKE!

"HAVE YOU PLAYED YOUR HALO TODAY?"

Will reply to the new PMs tomorrow morning. :) For those of you I've already PMed, I have ordered some special items to be included in the package, so the shipping quotes might be a little delayed due to needing to get appropriate weight including the new items. The bonus items are not heavy at all, so it shouldn't increase shipping by much (say less than $1), and they're well worth it, I'm sure you'll agree when you get them! :thumbsup:

Hey, I am interested. However, before I order I have a question about the authenticity:

Will the poster have some kind of watermark and/or signatures from you guys so that we know that it is the genuine article? God forbid somebody (Hozer :ponder: ) makes a cheap knock-off on crappy paper in the future and tries to claim it is one of these excellent posters you guys have produced here.

There isn't anything overt at all on it, but there is no way whatsoever that anyone could do a "rip-off" of this poster and have the same quality, unless they had access to the high-quality industrial print machinery our printer has (meaning $25,000 printers, etc). On top of that, they'd need a lossless vectorized PDF image of at least 600dpi, which only Brian O has access to and has never posted anywhere at all. On top of that, it's a very particular CMYK color scheme for printing that wouldn't be able to be reproduced unless someone knew exactly what the values for everything were, which is highly unlikely since only 3 people have access to that information!

:D

We did a late-night brainstorming session, and we decided that a GREAT way to handle this problem is to include a sticker on the back of the poster (the side that would be facing the wall). This sticker will be dated, numbered, and signed by both myself and Brian O. This way, not only are the pre-orders limited, they're a numbered edition and this also prevents hack-jobs and Hozers out there. If you ever see one on eBay, ask if there's a sticker on the back! :)